Not cowboy but still a fun holster

Started by Bull Durham, February 20, 2008, 09:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bull Durham

Here is one I made about 5 years ago. Nothing fancy but a fun holster to tote my 1911 in. The grips are real ivory and the B is sterling silver.

outrider

Bull:

Now that is one nice looking holster
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Real classey Pard, nice tooling too , and I really like Ivory :D 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a decent holster design. I made one similar to it for my 1911. Mine isn't as classy as yours, it's more for function than looks. Your tooling really makes it nice and the dark color works well with the ivory grips. I may have to make another one for mine one of these days. The spot is a nice accent, too. Is it just decorative or does it hold the front of the holster to the back to help secure the pistol? Thanks for sharing.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Bull Durham

The holster is black. It doesn't really look black in the photo though. That isn't a spot. It is a tension screw, I wanted it to be secure since it is an open top .

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Who says its not Cowboy?  There is a holster for a 1911 in PACKING IRON.  Just not 19th Century, but it still looks Cowboy to me.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Bull Durham on February 20, 2008, 02:35:37 PMThat isn't a spot. It is a tension screw, I wanted it to be secure since it is an open top .
Thanks. I was wondering about that.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com