1887 lever shotgun. NCOWS legal?

Started by Deadeye Don, February 11, 2008, 07:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye Don

Ok pards, is this legal?  I am probably most concerned about the rubber recoil pad installed.  Coyote cap put this blurb on their website.   I would imagine just putting a leather butt stock pad on would suffice.  Do any of you use this at shoots?  Comments?

The following is taken from the website:
"Sully" and "Cap" went to the N.C.O.W.S. (National Congress of Old West Shootists) convention to personally thank the directors of that organization for taking the time and making the effort to examine our new M-93/97wcse-18 (Hybrid) pump shotgun and then for N.C.O.W.S. voting to approve not only our our new M-93/97wcse-18 into competition with all of the N.C.O.W.S. clubs nationwide, but also the I.A.C. M-93w-20 model.

When asked about the possible legality problem of using one of our new shotguns in NCOWS competitions, (because our new shotguns have sporting clays recoil pads and choke tubes installed as standard equipment on the M-93/97wcse-18), we were told that when our new gun was examined, this new shotgun is considered period correct for their competitions, and all that would be needed is to cover the recoil pad.

Thank You - - NCOWS

http://www.coyotecap.com/mod__'87_wcse.htm
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Trap

There are two models, one with the pad , one without. I'd order the one w/o but if you want the pad, just cover it. (shorty in Monte Walsh).      jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Deadeye Don

I remember Shorty in Monte Walsh.  Seems that shotgun didnt help him much in the end.   :D  Thanks Trap.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Deadeye Don on February 11, 2008, 09:20:10 AM
I remember Shorty in Monte Walsh.  Seems that shotgun didnt help him much in the end.   :D  Thanks Trap.

You're sure right, pard - it didn't help him AT ALL!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Books OToole on February 11, 2008, 12:49:10 PM
They did?  I missed it.

We were promised one to give as a door prize at the convention; but they reniged.

Books

Interesting.  Then they have quite the nerve actually putting in on their website as if it is some kind of endorsement.  >:(

Trap

It is true! C. C. personally found me at the convention (last year I think) and thanked me for being part of getting the guns in question approved. I thanked him but told him that I had no more input than any other Congress member. There is more to the story that I choose not to put on the open forum.    jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Irish Dave

Same here, Trap.
I talked with CC at the convention (last year or year before) and he thanked NCOWS for its approval of his shotguns.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com