These are cute!

Started by Dusty Morningwood, February 08, 2008, 02:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye Don

Knowing just how small those suckers really are, I am having a hard time visualizing somebody actually wearing a double holster rig.  I am guessing that whoever owned that got a few snickers along the way.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Hoof Hearted

Looks kinda Brisco County Junior ;D
I'm imagining that it would be pretty comfortable to wear them just like in the pics, at the small of your back! Would be a lot of firepower and be pretty concealed behind a town coat........just what a proper gentleman (or in-proper) would wear to a "high stakes" game of cards.
Anonymity breeds bravado.......especially over the internet!
http://cartridgeconversion.com
http://heelbasebullet.com
aka: Mayor Maynot KILLYA SASS #8038
aka: F. Alexander Thuer NCOWS #3809
STORM #400

The Avocado Kid

Quote from: Deadeye Don on February 08, 2008, 02:50:02 PM
Knowing just how small those suckers really are, I am having a hard time visualizing somebody actually wearing a double holster rig.  I am guessing that whoever owned that got a few snickers along the way.
Yeah...then he plugged them!!!!!
"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

Rancid Roy

I think that rig and those pistols is in the book "Packing Iron". I always thought they were a nifty lookin' oufit. However I bet it was a challenge to lead them with the "issued" rammers.
Ne'er Do Well    Chicken Thief

Back Shooter     Ambush Expert

"You hold'em and I'll shoot'em."

GAF 104 Scout and Scoundrel

Coffinmaker

In the back of my head I remember years ago being in a San Francisco museum and there was a double rig attributed to a Barbary Coast gambler and sometimes gunfighter.  This set up looks real similar.  Very nifty.  The Barbary Coast dude however, wasn't a very good gambler nor Gunfighter.  Shot for welching on a gambling debt and the saloon keeper kept his guns and rig to square up his saloon bill.
Now, why not a pair of '49s with Kirst Konverters and swell double rig??  Once you got past the giggles, you could have some real fun!!! (Snicker Snicker)

Coffinmaker

Sundance

I'd imagine those pistols would be a swine to load due to the short loading levers.

Sgt. Jake

Coffinmaker    Now that you said that I seem to rember a article Phil Spanenburger did  in G&A oh a bunch of years ago, now I know where Id seen them before.            Adios  Sgt. Jake

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com