USFA Remmy Confirmed MSRP

Started by Fox Creek Kid, February 07, 2008, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye Don

Jeff,  Assuming USFA actually produces these Remingtons,  you can shoot mine.   ;)
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Darn, me too, that's the d?%#@$% h$$$ of it :o ::) :-\

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
Quote from: Deadeye Don on February 15, 2008, 09:01:26 AM
Jeff,  Assuming USFA actually produces these Remingtons,  you can shoot mine.   ;)
Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on February 15, 2008, 08:53:35 AM
Howdy!

Don, the transfer bar isn't the only part.  They would also have that stoopid "billboard" that ruins the side of their barrels.  Thanks again, lawyers AND stoopid people who commit stoopid mistakes and stoopid juries that award stoopid people money - for things they SHOULD know about already if they had the sense that God gave a pi$$ant.  Like having to print "very HOT" (or whatever) on coffee cups.  >:(  OOps!  I just tripped over a soapbox!  ;)

Seriously, I don't object to the use of the transfer bar on some guns.  Iver Johnson began using it on some of their guns about 1883 if I have my facts right.  Ruger itself has proved that a gun can be made that resembles an original and still have their modern features.  Investment casting, beefed up internals, coil springs, etc.  Aside from our NCOWS urge to do things "right" a LOT of shooters would buy guns from companies if they were 'basically' identical to old, original designs.  I think the Taurus Thunderbolt, (the version of the Colt Lightning rifle) shows that as well as the Beretta guns.  They are still true to the originals, but modernized safely.

I think that "market interest" or "market share" plays a HUGE part in this - not to mention the hurdles and hoops that must be crossed by ANY company making firearms for the US market in the 21st Century.

And I STILL want an 1875 by USFA!  :D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Deadeye Don on February 15, 2008, 06:07:00 AMRugers attorneys would never allow them to loose the transfer bar.
I agree that if Ruger made a decent clone, I'd grab one or two. As to the transfer bar, there are ways to eliminate that and still be able to return the gun to factory condition if you want to sell it. As it is, my desire for authenticity prevents me from supporting Ruger the way I'd like to. At the present, I don't own any Rugers but I'm waiting for them to make something that will call to me.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Fox Creek Kid

Fellas, I think you're going to see less of Ruger in CAS IMO. They had a big meeting recently with shareholders and their stock had dropped some. The ol' man is gone and you're starting to see innovation at Ruger. The money right now is in the "black gun" market, i.e., assault weapon style guns. Interestingly, Glock & several other makers have sent open letters to the state of CA stating they will no longer sell there when this idiotic "microstamping" law becomes reality. Ted Kennedy just introduced a Federal bill for the same thing!!

Back on point. For Ruger CAS is "supplemental", as that is not where the real money is at in the firearms industry.

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on February 15, 2008, 11:57:42 AM
Fellas, I think you're going to see less of Ruger in CAS IMO. They had a big meeting recently with shareholders and their stock had dropped some. The ol' man is gone and you're starting to see innovation at Ruger. The money right now is in the "black gun" market, i.e., assault weapon style guns. Interestingly, Glock & several other makers have sent open letters to the state of CA stating they will no longer sell there when this idiotic "microstamping" law becomes reality. Ted Kennedy just introduced a Federal bill for the same thing!!

Back on point. For Ruger CAS is "supplemental", as that is not where the real money is at in the firearms industry.

I agree with your take on the Black gun market.  Seems everyone wants those darn plastic guns.  This is all the more reason we need to support Uberti, USFA, Pietta,  Pedersoli, etc.  The Microstamping bills seem to be popping up all over the place now.  There was one in Indiana which for now, is no longer being considered.   I think we should all stock up on ammo.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Deadeye Don on February 15, 2008, 09:01:26 AM
Jeff,  Assuming USFA actually produces these Remingtons,  you can shoot mine.   ;)

Thanks!  You're a TRUE friend!  Would you get yours in 45 Colt or ... ?
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Deadeye Don

Stophel

Is this going to be a regular production item from now on, or a limited issue?

The quickest reload is a second gun!

www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Flintlocks                                                                                       
Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

Steel Horse Bailey

Stophel, I don't think anyone knows for sure yet.  Well, outside the Head Office, that is - IF there!

Lots of speculation only.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Fox Creek Kid

QuoteIs this going to be a regular production item from now on, or a limited issue?

That depends if I buy one. If I do buy one then sure enough they will remain in production & the price will drop. If I don't then they will be a limited run and the price will go up. Just my luck.  ;D :D ;)

Stophel

See, great minds think alike...

Well, with the MSRP of 1800 bucks, I figure an actual sale price might be about 1500.  I REALLY want an 1875, but I'm not sure just how much I want a "real" one...  I may just have to settle for an Uberti one.  I already have plans in mind of ditching the cross pin....

Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Stophel on February 23, 2008, 11:29:20 AM
See, great minds think alike...

Well, with the MSRP of 1800 bucks, I figure an actual sale price might be about 1500.  I REALLY want an 1875, but I'm not sure just how much I want a "real" one...  I may just have to settle for an Uberti one.  I already have plans in mind of ditching the cross pin....

I've heard of TIG welding the hole, then modifying the ejector housing and rod..  Then the frame must be reblued, but I seem to remember that you're pretty handy ...

Fox Creek Kid

QuoteThen the frame must be reblued...

Since weld will technically be a different metal I would advise to polish it out afterwards and then nickel. If you reblue the frame you may have a discolored spot. Stophel, what's your plan?  ???

Stophel

I absolutely cannot weld.  I have sure tried and just cannot do it.  I can peg the hole with a bolt and peen it in place and dress it down.  I'm not sure exactly what the final plan of action will be.  I don't even have a gun yet.

Yes, the spot may make a slightly different color.  Different kinds of steels will be different colors.  Not something that bothers me so much.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on February 15, 2008, 11:29:38 AM
I agree that if Ruger made a decent clone, I'd grab one or two. As to the transfer bar, there are ways to eliminate that and still be able to return the gun to factory condition if you want to sell it. As it is, my desire for authenticity prevents me from supporting Ruger the way I'd like to. At the present, I don't own any Rugers but I'm waiting for them to make something that will call to me.
Will

I just bought me a Rooger Vaquero :-\
Couldn't stand the lawyerism on the barrel........so I screwed a Colt SAA barrel in it's place!
Somebody that was here at my shop asked me what I call it now, I replied, "AN IMPROVEMENT" ::)

But my thought here was to have a "colt-like" pistol that I could shoot "casull" like loads in and Ruger is the answer. Of course it takes a lot more work to "colterize" a Ruger than most guys would like ;D

Just reshaped and checkered and blued a hammer for it, oh and I slimmed the grips and stained them. After the trigger/action job and free spin I think it needs a SAA style grip frame and 1/2 cock kit..................
Anonymity breeds bravado.......especially over the internet!
http://cartridgeconversion.com
http://heelbasebullet.com
aka: Mayor Maynot KILLYA SASS #8038
aka: F. Alexander Thuer NCOWS #3809
STORM #400

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 24, 2008, 09:32:36 PMI just bought me a Rooger Vaquero :-\
Couldn't stand the lawyerism on the barrel........so I screwed a Colt SAA barrel in it's place!
Somebody that was here at my shop asked me what I call it now, I replied, "AN IMPROVEMENT" ::)

But my thought here was to have a "colt-like" pistol that I could shoot "casull" like loads in and Ruger is the answer. Of course it takes a lot more work to "colterize" a Ruger than most guys would like ;D

Just reshaped and checkered and blued a hammer for it, oh and I slimmed the grips and stained them. After the trigger/action job and free spin I think it needs a SAA style grip frame and 1/2 cock kit..................
Sounds like you have a fun project going on. I didn't know the Colt and Ruger barrels were the same thread size. That's good information. You think it would work with a Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag?

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SFT

Quote from: Trap on February 07, 2008, 02:52:40 PM
   My Uberti Remingtons are looking better all the time!

More than a couple hundred dollars better looking!
Of all the things I've lost over the years, it's my mind that I miss the most!
SASS# 35973, BOLD #557, Tejas Caballeros, Texican Rangers and TSRA

Books OToole

It makes $ 800.00 for a Beretta Laramie sound almost reasonable.     Almost. :o

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

The Avocado Kid

"Holy smokes thats a lot of Indians!!".....General George Armstrong Custer 7th Cavalry

Roosterman

Quote from: Stophel on February 23, 2008, 10:47:42 AM
Is this going to be a regular production item from now on, or a limited issue?

Cripes! Every where I go, there you are! ;D I had no idea you did cowboy Chris.
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com