USFA Remmy Confirmed MSRP

Started by Fox Creek Kid, February 07, 2008, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skinny Preacher 66418

Quote from: Deadeye Don on February 13, 2008, 01:19:09 PM
You have to remember that the MSRP is just that....Manufacturers suggested retail price..  You may well be able to buy one using the FFL of your choice for less money.  I have an  Nickle 1875 on order now and did if fact get it for quite a bit lower which actually surprised me.  Regards. Deadeye.

Post pics when you get pard. What caliber?
Smoke em if ya got em.

Deadeye Don

45 colt.  I am guessing we are 4 months away from getting it from USFA. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

The General

Unless you are a resident of WA, NY, NJ, MI, MA, IL, or HI, why would you want to involve an FFL dealer which now aides in the marked up price as well?  All of my BP revolvers have either been purchased online (sporting goods store) or through a private individual saving me a substantial sum.  On average, you can save $50 or more buying online rather than a local gunshop.  This is souly based on MY experiences only.  

Understand that I am not trying to take any business away from FFL dealers, I just don't see the big savings going that route unless the FFL dealer is a close personal friend.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you".

"You may be whatever you resolve to be". - General "Stonewall" Jackson
"Our God was my shield.  His protecting care is an additional cause for gratitude". - General "Stonewall" Jackson

Deadeye Don

Quote from: The General on February 13, 2008, 02:31:29 PM
Unless you are a resident of WA, NY, NJ, MI, MA, IL, or HI, why would you want to involve an FFL dealer which now aides in the marked up price as well?  All of my BP revolvers have either been purchased online (sporting goods store) or through a private individual saving me a substantial sum.  On average, you can save $50 or more buying online rather than a local gunshop.  This is souly based on MY experiences only.  

Understand that I am not trying to take any business away from FFL dealers, I just don't see the big savings going that route unless the FFL dealer is a close personal friend.

I am buying an 1875.

The General

Sorry DD, I mean you (as in anyone) purchasing a C&B revolver.  What you are interested in purchasing is a completely different issue.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you".

"You may be whatever you resolve to be". - General "Stonewall" Jackson
"Our God was my shield.  His protecting care is an additional cause for gratitude". - General "Stonewall" Jackson

Fox Creek Kid

Deadeye Don, who did you order through if I may be so bold to ask? Feel free to PM me.  ;)

Skinny Preacher 66418

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on February 13, 2008, 04:05:11 PM
Deadeye Don, who did you order through if I may be so bold to ask? Feel free to PM me.  ;)

I'm guessing Wal-mart can't get these... :o
Smoke em if ya got em.

Deadeye Don

sundance44`s

I wrote USFA an email asking if I could order the 1858 ...and haven`t heard back from them yet ..I`ll let ya know what they say when I hear for them ...I figured they won`t take orders untill they settle on a price ...and they ain`t saying nothing yet .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Deadeye Don

The prices have already been set.  I would really recommend going through an FFL who can get a dealer price.  If you try to order it yourself all Gary Granger can quote you is the MSRP I think.  Gary if this is not right please let us know.

sundance44`s

I know what you`re saying about getting a better price from a dealer ..but I gave it some thought and figure there will be a waiting list ..and I don`t want to put a third party in the mix , I`d rather deal straight to the horses mouth ...after all it is a cap and ball . I don`t care much for second hand info .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Appalachian Ed

At this price level, you really are better off finding an original for a bit more.
"We believed then that we were right and we believe now that we were right then."
- John H. Lewis, 9th Va. Infantry

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gents , I'll bet ya Uberti & Pietta, are jumping up in down and are HAPPY as H$$$$$, to hear the prices of the USFA 1858 & 1875, just hope they don't decide to go CRAZY with there prices too..... :o :o ??? :o ::) ::)

tEN wOLVES  >:( :(
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Black Powder

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on February 13, 2008, 12:32:48 PM
...maybe some of us will be lamenting in 2012 "Gee, I remember when I could have bought one for $1895 and now they're mot made anymore & going for $2500."  ;)

Maybe, but I oughta be able to do better than 6% a year and have more than $2500 in 2012.  Then I'll be able to afford the holster and ammo to go with it!   ;D ;D ;D  The problem, of course, is getting the $1895 to begin with...  :(

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Black Powder

Quote from: Skinny Preacher 66418 on February 13, 2008, 04:58:48 PM
I'm guessing Wal-mart can't get these... :o
Quote from: Deadeye Don on February 14, 2008, 06:12:35 AM
LOL  would that they could.

If that happens, USFA will move production overseas to comply with WM's incessant demands for lower costs.  Oops... :-[

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Black Powder on February 14, 2008, 08:19:57 PM

If that happens, USFA will move production overseas to comply with WM's incessant demands for lower costs.  Oops... :-[

Will BP in that case thank God for Ruger, come to think of it ,if they can build rugged dependable and affordable firearms , you would think , other American Companys could do the same.(IMHO)AND THAT GOES FOR EVERYTHING ELSE TOO....

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Black Powder

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on February 14, 2008, 09:35:27 PM
come to think of it ,if they can build rugged dependable and affordable firearms , you would think , other American Companys could do the same

If Ruger had built something that met my needs for authenticity, competitive with the Uberti, I'd've bought it in a heartbeat!

BP

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Black Powder on February 14, 2008, 10:58:14 PM
If Ruger had built something that met my needs for authenticity, competitive with the Uberti, I'd've bought it in a heartbeat!

BP

Ain't THAT true!

I LOVE my Rugers ... but I also care a lot for the authenticity of the others.  I'd LUV to see Ruger build an authentic clone ... it'd sure be stout and very good quality.

But it'll never happen.  Their guns are too popular as they are!  Why revert to a LESS strong design and internals.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Deadeye Don

Rugers attorneys would never allow them to loose the transfer bar.

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy!

Don, the transfer bar isn't the only part.  They would also have that stoopid "billboard" that ruins the side of their barrels.  Thanks again, lawyers AND stoopid people who commit stoopid mistakes and stoopid juries that award stoopid people money - for things they SHOULD know about already if they had the sense that God gave a pi$$ant.  Like having to print "very HOT" (or whatever) on coffee cups.  >:(  OOps!  I just tripped over a soapbox!  ;)

Seriously, I don't object to the use of the transfer bar on some guns.  Iver Johnson began using it on some of their guns about 1883 if I have my facts right.  Ruger itself has proved that a gun can be made that resembles an original and still have their modern features.  Investment casting, beefed up internals, coil springs, etc.  Aside from our NCOWS urge to do things "right" a LOT of shooters would buy guns from companies if they were 'basically' identical to old, original designs.  I think the Taurus Thunderbolt, (the version of the Colt Lightning rifle) shows that as well as the Beretta guns.  They are still true to the originals, but modernized safely.

I think that "market interest" or "market share" plays a HUGE part in this - not to mention the hurdles and hoops that must be crossed by ANY company making firearms for the US market in the 21st Century.

And I STILL want an 1875 by USFA!  :D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com