USFA Remmy Confirmed MSRP

Started by Fox Creek Kid, February 07, 2008, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Creek Kid

A USFA dealer on the SASS Wire just confirmed with the company the MSRP for the new revolvers:

1875  $1895

1858  $1495

There you have it. No need for more speculation.

Skinny Preacher 66418

Wait a minute...don't the SASS wire rules say dealers can't sell on the wire??

Fox Creek, are they going to be made to order? Or will we have to wait for the best caliber to come out? (38 WCF).
Smoke em if ya got em.

Fox Creek Kid

QuoteWait a minute...don't the SASS wire rules say dealers can't sell on the wire??

He's merely quoting the MSRP.

QuoteFox Creek, are they going to be made to order? Or will we have to wait for the best caliber to come out? (38 WCF).

I have no idea. 38-40? The 38-40 was never offered in the originals and I have no idea if it's being offered now.

Skinny Preacher 66418

Ah, well if it is just a quote, and he doesn't have the intension to sell, then technically he isn't selling on the wire.

I've read that USFA was going to offer it in 38-40. The Hartford Armory ones were too.
Smoke em if ya got em.

sundance44`s

Last time I talked to USFA they assured me I wouldn`t have to buy the 1858 Remington through a Dealer ...I could order straight from them ....maybe their price will be a little less than a dealers price ...I`m still going to wait untill I hear the price from them before I call in my order .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Deadeye Don

Sixgun Shorty quoted the prices on SASS wire.  He then asked to be contacted in a pm for more information.  Perfectly acceptable I think.   

Sundance.  I would suggest going through an FFL of your choice.  USFA will sell and ship their products to any FFL.  Your FFL will likely be able to give you a better price than the MSRP stated.  I know that Sixgun Shorty is selling them AT the MSRP and he is asking 50 percent up front.   Unless USFA has changed their business practices I have never had to pay anything down on a basically stock gun. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

sundance44`s

I may try and order a 1858 in the white ...They are proud of their blueing ... :-\

Skinny Preacher 66418

Quote from: Deadeye Don on February 07, 2008, 01:57:58 PM
Sixgun Shorty quoted the prices on SASS wire.  He then asked to be contacted in a pm for more information.  Perfectly acceptable I think.   

I reckon so. I'd rather deal with a local dealer though. I've had bad luck with the sass wire dealers. I'd like someone I can meet face-to-face if needed.

I'm eager to see more info on the guns.
Smoke em if ya got em.

Trap

My Uberti Remingtons are looking better all the time!
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Virginia Gentleman

I am a big fan of USFA, but that price seems rather steep for the Remingtons.

Tensleep

My Hartford 1875s work perfectly and cost one heck of a lot less than that! :o

People went crazy when Hartford announced their prices... now this?  ::)
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Trap on February 07, 2008, 02:52:40 PM
   My Uberti Remingtons are looking better all the time!

You and me both, Brother!  ;)

That doesn't mean I wouldn't buy IF I could, but i think they're asking a bit much.

I was interested to see that they are/might be bringing out a Forehand & Wadsworth at about the same price as the 1875.  Interesting.  I'm pretty sure I saw Randy Quade (as Clell Miller) using an F&W in the movie "The Long Riders."  It was hard to see, but I'm pretty sure I saw that small hump on the top of the frame in the area of the rear sight channel.  I couldn't get a good enough "Pause" on my DVD to see in a hurry - and I didn't care enough to do the frame-by-frame thing.  ;) ;)  I had forgotten that that movie was as enjoyable as it was, since I hadn't seen it in years.  However, the sound editor should be flogged  :o  for the stoopid sound effects used in the big shoot-out scene (- in SloMo, of course -) during the Northview holdup. 
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

sundance44`s

Next thing we hear USFA will be importing the steel from Italy .... ::) I tried to call them while ago , but they won`t be back from the Shot Show untill tomorrow ...Sure would like to hear it from the horses mouth .

Fox Creek Kid

C'mon fellas. Sure the price is high but at least they are making them. I give them credit for that. Remember, they have American employees who want benefits just like you & I. The Italians work on a contract system for the most part. Let the market decide. Let's remember this, if we make 'em real mad they might just quit making these innovative guns and you & I sure aren't going to open a factory. I've reevaluated my position on these after adjusting for inflation and considering the aforementioned. Remember, if you can't afford the Ferrari then don't kick the tires.  ;)

Wolfgang

Steel Horse, . . I also noticed the Forhand & Wadsworth in "Long Riders".   When I want to spend a lot of money on a '58 Remington, . . . I'll be buying an original.  ( Which I have plans to do one of these days. )

Good shootin', . . . . .  :)
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

The General

As I am not familiar with USAF firearms, I cannot speak as to their quality however; if one was going to spend that kind of money on a reproduction, why not purchase the real thing?  An example:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/buda/antique/703831_rem58_bud.jsp

I have two Uberti 1858 Remingtons & they are pretty good quality IMHO.  I had a Pietta a few years back & if memory serves me correctly, it was a good quality reproduction as well.  For me to consider that kind of money for a reproduction, I think I would have to go with the other makers & perhaps buy 3 or 4 instead of just purchasing one because of a brand name.  Again, JMHO.

FCK, you're correct in your statement as giving them credit for attempting the reproduction at all however; a certain maker's name does not neccessarily make for a better quality firearm or deserving of that kind of markup.  A prime example would be, some years back one could purchase a Colt six shooter in most gun shops or dealers for roughly $300 to $400 depending on condition.  Since this whole world of cowboy sport shooting has errupted, those same six shooters could run upwards of $3K to $4K now.  They are no better in quality, just better in demand.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you".

"You may be whatever you resolve to be". - General "Stonewall" Jackson
"Our God was my shield.  His protecting care is an additional cause for gratitude". - General "Stonewall" Jackson

Fox Creek Kid

That's what makes the country so great: free enterprise. Farmland was $150 acre then as well. Now it's anywhere from $1200 to $6000 depending on location. I just figure that far be it from me to tell someone how to spend their money. I think these are going to be a limited production item and maybe some of us will be lamenting in 2012 "Gee, I remember when I could have bought one for $1895 and now they're mot made anymore & going for $2500."  ;)

Flint

I think they have lost a lot of potential sales with the price...  It's a bit over the top.
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Skinny Preacher 66418

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on February 13, 2008, 12:32:48 PM
lamenting in 2012 "Gee, I remember when I could have bought one for $1895 and now they're mot made anymore & going for $2500."  ;)

Yeah, and gas was only $3 per gallon back in 2008...man, those were the days.

8)
Smoke em if ya got em.

Deadeye Don

You have to remember that the MSRP is just that....Manufacturers suggested retail price..  You may well be able to buy one using the FFL of your choice for less money.  I have an  Nickel 1875 on order now and did if fact get it for quite a bit lower which actually surprised me.  Regards. Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com