Another USFA '58 and '75 picture from Remington catalog

Started by HappyTrigger, February 06, 2008, 07:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyTrigger

It's in the Remington 2008 catalog PDF document. It's a big download but the picture is in the Valued Partners section on page 87.

http://www.remington.com/pdfs/08cat/2008_Product_Catalog.pdf

Looks like it comes in a nice box, but not a presentation case, which it should, for the price.

Fox Creek Kid

QuoteLooks like it comes in a nice box, but not a presentation case, which it should, for the price.

Or a gold plated sarcophagus!! ;D ;)

Wolfgang

"It's a big download" . . . thanks for the warning. . . On a dial up connection I won't bother.  I doesn't look any different than any other '58 anyway. 

Good shootin', . . .  :)
Beware the man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it.

Skinny Preacher 66418

It was a hell of a file. I've extracted the pic. I'll post it here for Wolfgang...since he is so eager  ;)
Smoke em if ya got em.

Skinny Preacher 66418

No Problem.

Here is my take on the pricing.

If you are a Colt guy, you pay $1,500-2,000 for a real colt, modern production.

If you are a top-break guy, you pay $1,500-$2,000 for the limited run of 2000 S&W No. 3s that were produced.

If you are a Remington guy, you pay $1,500-$2,000 for a 1875 with Remingtons name on it (USFA made in USA).

As for the '58....I'd expect it to be 50-60% of the 1875 price.
Smoke em if ya got em.

Steel Horse Bailey

The NMA will be had for a bargain price of only (approx) $1500. :o

Bah humbug
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Skinny Preacher 66418

Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on February 07, 2008, 03:13:19 PM
The NMA will be had for a bargain price of only (approx) $1500. :o

Bah humbug

The Pietta/Uberti '58 surely is a decent replica that follows very closely to the original...for sub $300. I don't think the stamp "Remington" will make up for that additional $1,000.

The '75 on the other hand...for $1,300 more you get the name stamp AND get rid of that pesky Uberti-cross-spring-loaded-cylinder pin release (that comes in real handy for wiping down the cylinder).

I'd like to find a bargain USFA/REM 75 if one becomes available. That cross pin doesn't bother me that much right now.
Smoke em if ya got em.

Silver Creek Slim

Remington sure isn't advertising it much. I couldn't find any mention of pistols or revolvers on the website.   ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on February 08, 2008, 10:47:21 AM
Remington sure isn't advertising it much. I couldn't find any mention of pistols or revolvers on the website.   ::)

Slim

The only mention made on the Remington website is contained in the pdf file and the picture presented above.  I would imagine they will be advertising on the USFA site as well, just as soon as the get their ducks lined up. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com