30-30 Win Cowboy loads????

Started by Sky Soldier, January 21, 2008, 08:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Soldier

I got a hankerin' to shoot some real light (around 100gr.) L RNFP out of my '94 Wrangler. So I'm looking for info on where I might be able to get some bullets and some load data.
As usual, any input from you guys and girls would be appreciated.
Thanks
3/319 173rd Airborne Bde.(Sep)   May '66 - May '67

If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Leo Tanner

Remmington offers an 80 gr sabbot for the .30-.30 Win.  They're called "Accelorators".  I just put a box through my Marlin last weekend and found them to be funner than hell to shoot.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Sky Soldier

Thanks for the tip LT. I'll give them a try

Leo Tanner

No problem.
The beauty of these rounds is that unlike most Rem loads, they have no copper jacket--just straight lead.  Hitting anything with a .30-30 is fun, but these guys make it even better.  I highly reccomend filled water jugs.
   Thanks for holding the skys for the rest of us.  My uncle was a B-17 tail gunner in Big 2.  I carry his dog tags in my right front pocket every day.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Sky Soldier

Hey Leo Tanner.
My shooters group shoots at plastic water jugs from 100 yds. in our practice sessions and it is definitely a hoot.
Thanks for your words of appreciation but I would like to clarify something. We didn't hold the sky, we came out of it. The 173rd Airborne Brigade were called "SKY SOLDIERS" by the Nationalist Chinese paratroopers while we were on Okinawa (we were officially called the Fire Brigade), prior to being deployed to VietNam in May 1965. You might find this link interesting:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/173abnbde.htm

You have paid a tribute to your uncle by honoring me with your gratitude. You're welcome.

Ace Lungger

Sky,
I got my great grand fathers 30-30 Win. he bought new in the panhandle of Oklahoma Jan 11, 1901. He was a roostered in Texas Ranger for a while. I killed my first deer with it. When I decided I wanted to cowboy shoot, i search the net, found a real nice man (can't remeber his name) but he came up wit me a plinker load using 105 gr bullet with 3 gr of Red Dot. What a fun load to shoot.
But then I found out you can't shoot it in SASS.
Hope this helps
Ace
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com