USFA '75 Remington Update

Started by Fox Creek Kid, January 07, 2008, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColonelFlashman

The Beals Army/Navy's (manufacture '60-'62, 2,000 army's & 8,000+ navy's) & the N.M. Army/Navy's (manufacture '63-'75, 140,000+ army's & '63-'88, navy's 32,000+) are the only large frame revolvers that had the 1858 patent date stamped on the Bbl.
The '61 Army/Navy's (manufactured '62, 5,000+ army's & 5,000+ navy's) had the 1861 patent date.

Remington called their Revolvers;

Remington Beals Army/Navy (1st model) BEALS PATENT SEPT. 14, 1858 MANUFACTURED BY REMINGTON ILION NEW YORK

Remington 1861 Army/Navy (1st* or transitional model) PATENTED DEC. 17, 1861. MANUFACTURED BY REMINGTON'S, ILION N. Y.

Remington New Model Army/Navy (2nd model) PATENTED SEPT. 14, 1858. E. REMINGTON & SONS, ILION, NEW YORK, U.S.A. NEW MODEL

The N.M. was a vast improvement over the Beals both internally & externally or Remington wouldn't have nominally designated it the 2nd Model or named it the New Model & as you can see they changed the address to show another transition.
Colonel Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE USMH;
Colonel 17th Lancers Staff Political Officer;
Staff Corp Commander & D.o.P. Command Staff
WartHog, Pistolero & Mounted Shootist
:uk:  :usa:  :canada:  :dixie:  :ausie:

Harley Starr

;D Just got off the phone with USFA. The Remington 1875 will be available in late June/early July!!! ;D
A work in progress.

sundance44`s

Sixgun are they giveing price quotes yet ?
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Deadeye Don

USFA has already stated the MSRPs, but as usual you can by it cheaper through an FFL depending on how much the FFL wants to make on the gun.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

sundance44`s

Well heck I did want to hear it from the horses mouth ..I just talked to a sales rep at USFA they are takeing orders makeing a list for first come first serve ....the price quote is ........DRUM ROLL PLEASE ..@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
for the 1875 Remington ..1895.00
for the 1858 Remington ..1495.00
I understand these prices can be beat going through a dealer the sales rep admited that  .........but after the sticker shock ...Looks like Uberti will be keeping me as a coustomer for a long ..long ..long time ....I just don`t buy safe queens ..Haven`t been able to wear a Uberti out yet ...ok now what to do with the money I have been ratholeing for a USFA Remington ....what else call Taylors , and buy another Uberti to make me feel better ... ;)
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Deadeye Don

There is nothing wrong with Uberti.  Most of us have more than one, two, three .............    ;D

I am curious did Gary Granger say when the Remingtons were going to be put on the website?
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Six Shot

Nope . . . nothin' wrong with Uberti. I just bought two more!  ;D
NRA/ILA, GO-NH, LFGC, PVFGC, Merrimack Valley Marauders, White Mountain Regulators, Gunnysackers
SASS#66105 GAF#566 STORM#294 SSS#207 BOSS#181 RATS#417

Marshal Will Wingam

You know, I've been slacking off lately. I should go get another one. Or two. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Fox Creek Kid

I like the original style 1875 as I just can't get over that incorrect cylinder transverse pin on the Uberti.  :-\

Sod Buster

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on March 27, 2008, 11:33:39 AM
You know, I've been slacking off lately. I should go get another one. Or two. ;D

I've been feeling that way myself too!  ;D  My pair of Uberti Remmies has been feeling left out since I purchased two sets of Open Tops in 44 Colt.  Maybe it is time for another pair of Remmies.... ::)
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com