Fact or Fiction?

Started by Fox Creek Kid, December 29, 2007, 05:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck Stinson

Fox Creek,
I'm sorry, but I don't remember the photo you are refering to.  I have had several Mexican made rigs that were fully embroidered, some with natural fibers that were dyed and others with gold and silver coated thread.  I didn't keep any of these rigs because none of them were made for Colt or S&W single actions.   I would guess that all were from the 20's or 30's and I just didn't have much interest in that time period.

Yes, on the buffalo.  I shot the last one with an 1876 Winchester carbine in .45-75 and one the year before with one of my 1876's in .50-95 Express.    I hope to go again after we return from the Vegas Gun show.  I would like to do it while the robes are still prime. 

As time goes by, I may put up a few more photos of some of my Slim Jims and other pieces, but I hesitate to include the best and rarest because folks will start to copy them.  I try real hard to keep most of the gun leather collection private because I may want to add these as reproductions in future catalogs and the web site.  The truth is, I don't like giving the competition a heads up on what my plans are.  I'm not being arrogant, just cautious.  I've spent a lifetime collecting and 30 years in the holster business,  It didn't take me long to figure out that in the blink of an eye, the competition will steal you blind.  I have become very carefull on keeping trade secrets.  Holster making is not a hobby, but the way I make my living and pay my bills.   You'll see things pictured here from time to time, I'm sure.

Adios,
Buck   

Fox Creek Kid

Fair & honest answer.  ;)  Thanks.

Dalton Masterson

Buck, that has to be one of the wisest answers to a question I have seen on this here confuser. Makes a lot of sense, and you are a talented enough individual to recreate these pieces correctly! Kudos! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com