My Next Project

Started by Seth Shaw, December 17, 2007, 11:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

Seth:

Another way to solve this problem is to add an additional piece of leather to the skirt just behind the main body of the holster.  This makes like a "belt loop" for the belt to go through...it keeps the holster from riding up as you draw the weapon..Secondly, it gives you better contact to the belt since it is approx. 2 inches wide.  The main body will hide these loops when it is folded over to be attached to the skirt.
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hello Outrider, and Happy New Year  ;D

This a is nice idea , and gives us another way of securing a holster to a belt , this would be great for unlined gun belts , where the thickness of the leather is not a problem. Thanks for sharing this with us

Ten Wolves  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Seth Shaw

Outrider,

Thanks for the tip! That technique looks like it would solve the problem perfectly. I'll have to play around with stiffening up some leather tabs to see how secure a "loop" I can create with a few chicago screws.
See me takin' shots at the bar like I'm bullet-proof.
USFA-CSS #176

outrider

Seth..I just use a piece of 4 to 5 oz. leather for the loops (stained to the color of the holster).  I secure it with two double rivets.  It is very secure. 
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Seth Shaw

Due to the stark and secure fold I have in my holsters I don't have any doubt that a couple of my rivets will hold the retaining loop. I pick up my 2nd SAA revolver from my FFL tonight so I will finally be able to see how the whole rig functions with the weight of 2 guns in the holsters. From there I should have no problem marking off where the loop leather should be riveted in place. That simple addition to the inside of the holster skirt should make all the difference in the world when it comes to keeping the holsters securely in place.

Thanks again Outrider for this fantastic tip.
See me takin' shots at the bar like I'm bullet-proof.
USFA-CSS #176

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com