Cowboys & Tobacco

Started by John Barleycorn, December 15, 2007, 09:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you enjoy your tobacco if at all?

cigarettes
cigars
smokeless/chew
pipe
dont use it at all

John Barleycorn

Any Tobacco farmers out there?  last year I tried growing some seeds I bought on line.  Well they sprouted, but never got bigger than an inch and a half before eventually wilting and dieing. I have ordered a few more packets gonna try soil instead of the peat moss pellets, any tips. JB
Jedi Gunfighter #176
BOLD #787, NRA Life, RO I
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
PA  St. FCGF Champ '12 '13
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
WV St. FCGF 1st Pl '12 '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

Forty Rod

I used to drink to excess, too.  Not an alcoholic, just a plain old garden variety drunk.  Gave that up in '74. 

Quitting tobacco was much harder.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

GunClick Rick

I'm a social drinker,you guys get a social goin let me know.
actually ain't had a snort in 30 years,but that could change any day now ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Forty Rod on December 17, 2007, 12:33:27 AMIn the years before I quit I tried everything I could find. 

I finally stumbled on the secret: QUIT!!  Just stop and tell yourself you're stronger than any damned weed.  Worked for me.

It was a real bitch for a couple of weeks, but it worked!
I understand quitting weed is worse than tobacco.

:D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ozark Tracker

Quote from: John Barleycorn on December 19, 2007, 09:47:13 AM
Any Tobacco farmers out there?  last year I tried growing some seeds I bought on line.  Well they sprouted, but never got bigger than an inch and a half before eventually wilting and dieing. I have ordered a few more packets gonna try soil instead of the peat moss pellets, any tips. JB

all I've ever raised was Soybeans and wheat,  I've understood from several people that the Tobacco is a tough crop to grow,  I think I heard Tensleep say once he'd been around Tobacco raising, he might have some ideas for you to use. :)
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com