There's nothing important about this post!

Started by Joyce (AnnieLee), December 12, 2004, 02:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on December 16, 2004, 11:37:49 AM
Quote from: AnnieLee on December 16, 2004, 11:23:18 AM
Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on December 16, 2004, 10:54:18 AM
I have a flannel shirt on right now. It looks like a red scottish tartan.  ;)

Slim

Yer mean. A married cousin should not do that to me!!!

Mean, mean, mean!!

:D

AnnieLee
I'm sorry. I posted this before I read your post in the Cowgirl forum. So, I will plead innocent.  ;)

Slim

Uhmm hmmmm suuuree... you say that *after* I had to go wash my mind out with soap. Derned cousins...

Quote from: Delmonico on December 16, 2004, 12:14:28 PM
Pst Slim, don't tell Anniee I clean my Sharps with flannel she will be envious. ;)

I heard that. I clean my firearms with old flannel sheets. It's soft, absorbent, and nearly lint free.

:P

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Delmonico

I can just hear it tommorow on Paul Harvey.  " For what it is worth, here is a strange from Leon Township Wissyconsion: A nun in a flannel habit is suspecected in the dissyyyperance of a local man.  Rumors are that the were cuzins.  Paul Harvey, Good Day."
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Delmonico on December 16, 2004, 12:14:28 PM
Pst Slim, don't tell Anniee I clean my Sharps with flannel she will be envious. ;)
Mum's the word.  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Delmonico on December 16, 2004, 12:49:56 PM
I can just hear it tommorow on Paul Harvey.  " For what it is worth, here is a strange from Leon Township Wissyconsion: A nun in a flannel habit is suspecected in the dissyyyperance of a local man.  Rumors are that the were cuzins.  Paul Harvey, Good Day."
:o ::) :) ;) :D ;D 8)
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Joyce (AnnieLee)

What?!?! And leave Mrs. Slim with the 13 children all by herself? No way. If anything, I'll get Mrs. Slim to come with me on a flannel shopping vacation and leave Slim with the kids!

8)

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: AnnieLee on December 16, 2004, 01:24:36 PM
What?!?! And leave Mrs. Slim with the 13 children all by herself? No way. If anything, I'll get Mrs. Slim to come with me on a flannel shopping vacation and leave Slim with the kids!

8)

AnnieLee
At last count is was at least 19.  ;D

Slim

Delmonico

Even though this is a nutun' 'portant thread, I got's ta straighten ya out a minor bit.  Slim ya did good on the thrassin' machine thin' Google saved yer bacon again. ;D  Sorrry Mike, ya failed on the combine test, "cept the rice thin' and ya fergot that many a da newer ones use tracks. ;)

Combination binders, threashin' machines came out in the 1880's and were called combines.  They were large machines that had to by pulled by 20 or more teams of horeses. (multiply by 2 to get horsepower ;D)  Most of these that were made and used were up in the Dakotas on the large corperate famrs like the ones that Jay North of Norther Pacific fame built.  Only they could afford to hire the men and own the horses or have the amount of land and wheat the investment required.  Few wer pulled by steam traction engines case the last thing ya want is a fire in a 10 square mile wheat field in July on a windy day. :o :o ???

Small gasoline and fuel oil tractors allowed smaller ones to be practical by the 1920's, but they were almost all pulled by seperate tractors till after WWII.  This is when the self-propelled combine came into it's own.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

Since I still have my heeestorian hat one I will note:  Flannel was developed in most likely the 14th century in Wales.  It was originally a wool/linen bend.  Flannel is a courupion of the Welsh word gwlanen (yer own yer own on prooonuciation)   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Quote from: Delmonico on December 16, 2004, 01:37:23 PM
Since I still have my heeestorian hat one I will note:  Flannel was developed in most likely the 14th century in Wales.  It was originally a wool/linen bend.  Flannel is a courupion of the Welsh word gwlanen (yer own yer own on prooonuciation)   ;D

I think that's the sound a person makes when gargling, right before they spit.

AnnieLee ( I think God is going to get me for this nonsense, one day... )

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Delmonico

Don't worry Annie, my late friend who was a PHD of Theolagy and was the head of the Theolagy dept. assured me that God had got a great sense of humor, despite what some folks think.   ;D

Course that's also the man who did a sermon entittled "Can a Christan be a used car salesman." ;D

How ever St. Peter might put us off in the corner somewhere. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

God *has* to have a sense of humor. After all, he created the Platypus, male genitalia, and sagging women's breasts.

;D :o

AnnieLee, ducking lightning.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Curley Cole

Dang, ya goes to bed to get a little sleepeye, and look what you miss....

I just don't know about us.....
cc
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Forty Rod

Back on page 8 there was mention of 'fertilizer' for roses.  I had a Sergeant major in the Corps who raised roses.  He took all the left over tomato juice he could get from the mess hall and poured it around the roots.  Roses loved the acid and minerals.  He had a pile of trophys (and no one ever teased him about a SgtMaj raising roses.).
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Forty Rod

God absolutely has a great sense of humor.

1. Have you ever seen a baby bald eagle or a baby rhinocerous?

2. Did you pay attention to the 2000 election in Florida?

3. Have you really looked at the Clinton administration?  (I had a lady customer ask me one time...not knowing my political leanings..."Aren't there any normal looking people among the President's appointees?).

Of course God has a sense of humor.  Sometimes I think He must look down at us and tell St. Peter, or someone, "I gave them free will, but can you believe what they're doing now? Just look at that!"
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Delmonico

Almost fergot Annie the plant I think you were referin' to is really a herb and not a grass.  However if you did want to harvest the seeds of the Canibis sativa  I would recomend a header suitable for sorgum (milo).  One must remember that the stalks of it would cause heavy wear on the cutter bar and the rest of the header.  The sieve and concave would have to be smaller than for sorgum, but larger than used with millet.  The beater with the milo set up would work, but a roller like used with rapeseed (for canolia oil, if they called it rapeseed oil few would buy it) would cause less seed breakage. 

Most folks havesting this would want what comes out of the back of the combine (combine poop?) more than they would the seed unless they were raisin' hybrid seed. ;D

Oh did I mention that I used to work for a company that made those little combines like the Universitys and seed companies use to harvest test plots with?  Yes hand made custom combines about the size of a Dakota pickup with the header attached.  And they were even Smurf blue. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Joyce (AnnieLee)

I've seen a newborn human baby. That convinced me. Gads! My son showed up way late. The back of his head was shaped like one of those BIG candles, the kind you stick on a plate before lighting. His skin was red and flaking and peeling. All natural newborns look like a cousin of ET. And yet my visitors would come to the hospital and tell me how kewt he was and how adorable he was. I'd just look at them. "Sheesh. He's ugly. All newborns are ugly. But don't worry, he'll grow out of it."

He did.  :D

Del, back in the Seventies, the local constables would burn their confiscated caches of cannibis sativa. (Try saying that three times.) All the local "heads" would volunteer to work at the fires to "make sure it didn't burn out of control." I didn't. I had other family members who partook enough for everyone I knew.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: AnnieLee on December 16, 2004, 04:19:56 PM

I've seen a newborn human baby. That convinced me. Gads! My son showed up way late. The back of his head was shaped like one of those BIG candles, the kind you stick on a plate before lighting. His skin was red and flaking and peeling. All natural newborns look like a cousin of ET. And yet my visitors would come to the hospital and tell me how kewt he was and how adorable he was. I'd just look at them. "Sheesh. He's ugly. All newborns are ugly. But don't worry, he'll grow out of it."

He did.  :D

AnnieLee
My first kid was leading with a shoulder so the Doc had to use the plunger to pull her out. She looked like these "people".

But, she grew outta it.

Slim

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Curley Cole

I am at a loss for words, except, ifn you use gunpowder for fetlizin your roses, dont be buttin' yer smokes there...
cc
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Here's one, and I thought Delmonico would beat me to it, since he is the camp cook and all...

Ashes also make great fertilizer, because of their acid.

But... did you know that if you wash down the ashes, catch the runoff and let the water dry out of it, you get something essential to living even in a remotely civilized way back in those days?

Can you name what it is?

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com