Bruce McDowell's Book FS

Started by Wild Ben Raymond, December 09, 2007, 04:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Ben Raymond

Flint

I am so glad I bought mine a few years ago for $39.95.... I will have to inform my heirs that it's worth more now...............
The man who beats his sword into a plowshare shall farm for the man who did not.

SASS 976, NRA Life
Los Vaqueros and Tombstone Ghost Riders, Tucson/Tombstone, AZ.
Alumnus of Hole in the Wall Gang, Piru, CA, Panorama Sportsman's Club, Sylmar, CA, Ojai Desperados, Ojai, CA, SWPL, Los Angeles, CA

Fox Creek Kid

One of these days Krause will publish a 2nd edition for $40.00.  ;)

Crow Scout

........ or someone will get their hands on the pdf copy of it.

Long Johns Wolf

Hello Pards,
I looked around here in Germany for the last couple of years and found one last weekend new at a gun show at € 80,00/$120,00. Grabbed it and ran!
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Dusty Morningwood

Great catch LJW!  If I had seen this auction before I might have bought it, since I just made a tidy profit on a house I sold.  But I guess I will just have to spend the allowable portion on more cowboy guns!  How sad.  ;D

Deadeye Don

Is the McDowell book that much better than the Adler book?   ::)
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

St. George

Vastly...

Like Sutherland and Wilson's 'The Book of Colt Firearms' - it's the 'bible' for conversion revolvers.

The reason for the price is the fact that the author died as it was published, and there was only the single publishing run, coinciding with a serious upsurge in interest in conversions.

Adler's book came second - and while attractively printed - doesn't go into much depth, and a serious collector demands shcolarly work.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Long Johns Wolf

IMHO: the Adler book is a pretty "picture" book. As stimulus to obtain the McDowell book which is more for the advanced student of conversions.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Thai Fighter

Quote from: Fox Creek Kid on December 09, 2007, 06:03:55 PM
One of these days Krause will publish a 2nd edition for $40.00.  ;)

Not to sound like a non-team player, but I just dropped $93.05 for my copy off eBay... it'd be OK to wait a bit until they rerelease?!?  ;D

I keed!  I keeed! 

Republish away!  I'll just pick up a minty copy to add to the library.

Lightnin Rick

For anyone in the Prescott AZ area. The Library lists it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com