Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Sgt. Eli

I heard rumors that it was going to be at the West End club in Evansville....I guess it's official. Being that it's only 50 miles from the house I will definetly have to attend. ;D
~Marion County Renegades~
TG for Lakewood Marshals
Guns of August Midwest Regional~1st Classic Cowboy~2007
Illinois State Champ~ 1st Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter~2006
Illinois State Champ~ 1st Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter~2007
Missouri State Shoot~1st Classic Cowboy~2004
Tennessee State Shoot~1st Classic Cowboy~2008

Trap

Sgt Eli, Will be good to meet you after all our dealings. jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Tjackstephens

Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Deadeye Don

I just had a thought here.  NCOWS should print up some poster size copies of that for sale.  You might consider taking prepaid special orders for it too.  I would love to have a poster size of that to hang in my safe room. 
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Rowdy Fulcher

Irish Dave
Great Job and yes I would like to have a poster also . also we are have a meeting at the Westside on Jan 19 at Highnoon for anyone who would like to attend .

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy!

Dave, who did the work putting that poster together?  They did a great job! 

I assume it's an old picture, but the artwork would make for a GREAT poster, and whether I get to shoot or not, I'd like to have a poster of it!  (Maybe not a FULL size poster, like the old ones with Raquel Welch in that fur Bikini,  ;) ;)  but at least 14x16 size or whatever is close to that.)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Irish Dave

Thanks, pards.

Well, I designed the piece. The artwork is from an 1890s dime novel. It was Photoshop'd to clean it up and remove the old lettering and other cover materials and then created with QuarkXpress publishing software.

It was really designed just as a flyer and possible advertisement, so it was only created in an 8.5x11" format. Doubt that it'd hold up well enlarged to poster size. But I can take a look.

Glad you like it -- (now, Bailey, make sure you get your butt to the shoot!) ;)

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Steel Horse Bailey

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Books OToole

Quote from: Irish Dave on December 11, 2007, 07:53:35 PM
(now, Bailey, make sure you get your butt to the shoot!) ;)

....and bring your guns. :( ;)

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Dr. Bob

Books,

Don't you mean bring ALL your guns! :o ;D  Sorry SHB, just couldn't help myself!  I'm weak that way! :o ;) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Steel Horse Bailey

Boy, oh boy! 

One stupid mistake and I have to bear the wounds forever!  :P  Hey, if ya know the story, at least you'll know it was an HONEST mistake!  :D

Besides - think of the money and time I saved using someone else's rifle and ammo!  :o :o  (Did I just say that?  :-[ )  I  am  kidding, pards!  :)

Quote from: Books OToole on December 12, 2007, 10:19:21 AM

....and bring you guns. :( ;)

Books

Quote from: Dr. Bob on December 12, 2007, 03:14:39 PM
Books,

Don't you mean bring ALL your guns! :o ;D  Sorry SHB, just couldn't help myself!  I'm weak that way! :o ;) ;D

Go ahead and laugh at my expense, friends - BE weak that way.  I have broad shoulders (?) and a great sense of humour!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Besides, if ya can't laugh at yer OWN mistrakes, then whut good are ya as a human bean?  ;) :D ;D

Dr. Bob

SHB, 

I feel like I have been throwing stones in a glass house! :o  I went to a shoot last July and left my ammo box at home! :-[ :-[  A fine pard lent me enough to shoot.  We've all left something behind! ;D  You are a good human bean! ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

WildRoses

Very nice poster!  Think I'll check the local Goodwill for green velvet curtains so I can make a dress like the one your heroine is wearing! :-*   

Patricia A. Proctor, aka Wild Roses
<I>Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society<I>
Soap Maker, Seed Saver, Gardener

"He whose WORD
created ALL ...
sun, moon, stars
and mountains tall ~

For creatures ALL
created HE ...
habitats on land
and sea ~

Sculpt' a Garden
so wondrous fair ...
abode of beauty
none to compare ~"

Steel Horse Bailey

Howdy!

Wild Roses:  Curtains - good idea.  That green will be pretty!

That's what Maria did in The Sound of Music!"   If you don't remember the musical/movie, she used curtains to make the kids semi-matching outfits.  As a side note:  I went to a concert last winter featuring the "Von Trapp Family Singers."  Some of the Great-Grandchildren of the real Maria and the Captain Von Trapp.  They pointed out that while Maria DID often sew clothes for the kids, NONE were made from old curtains!  ;)  I also found it interesting that the 2 hour musical and movie were somewhat condensed from real life - about 14 YEARS condensed into 2 hours!  ;D  In the play, The Captain had 7 children - this is/was true ... but the Broadway version never mentioned that they had 11 MORE children together!!  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bow View Haymaker

Just wondering abpout the national shoot.  Did I read right that one has tobe an NCOWS member to participate or just to win.  What about attending as a vendor? 
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Steel Horse Bailey

I'll let more knowledgeable people answer for sure, but I don't think a vendor must be a member, only competitors.

Last year the NCOWS head-shed voted and approved a measure allowing folks to walk in, so to speak.  They DID have to join, but #1 - it was on the spot, and #2 - it was a VERY reduced rate - a great deal.  I haven't heard whether that will be continued ... but I wouldn't be surprised if it WERE the same procedure this year!

Deadeye Don

Personally,  I think the more vendors we can encourage to come to a national shoot the better for all of us.  Without vendors making the products we must have to participate in this wonderful activity, there would be no CAS.  Keeping the rates for vendors at a minimum should continue.  Any vendor that takes the time and money to bring his/her wares to a national shoot with no real expectation of making alot of money at the shoot should be encouraged.   
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

gw

Bow View- Vendors are not required to join NCOWS(though we wish they would ;)).
                To participate in the National Shoot, you do have to join NCOWS, you can join at the shoot and there may be a reduced rate to join.

Click HERE for a link to the NCOWS website and 2008 National Shoot info.

NCOWS 1437-Territorial Representative  -Great Lakes Freight and Mining Co.- NCOWS Representative and Delegate to the Executive Board
SASS 5847 Life
NMLRA
NRA Life
MIAMI RIFLE CLUB Life
QUIGLEY SHOOTER Lifer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com