How About Some Quality Buckles for a Change?

Started by will ghormley, December 02, 2007, 01:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth Shaw

See me takin' shots at the bar like I'm bullet-proof.
USFA-CSS #176

Forty Rod

I'll take two in white bronze.  Maybe more later, but I won't commit to more than two right now.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Buffalo

I'll take 1 bronze and 1 white bronze.
Regards Buff

Rascal Ralph

I need one in brass for my current belt, 1 more next month for the belt I'm building. Ralph
In case you don't know me, I'm just a friend you hadn't met yet.

Sass # 67604

SBSS # 1822

GOFWG # 283

RATS # ???

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Will

You can put me down for one white-bronze, and one brass, for now.

Ten Wolves  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Utah Bob

Okay. I'm in fer a white bronze satiny silverish lookin one. ;D
Rocky Mountain Warthog
BOLD #1
GAF #6
Proprietor - Lazy Bob Ranch
No cattle, No crops, No problem

will ghormley

Hey guys,

I've gone ahead and ordered a slew of 'em because I'm pretty confident they'll turn out, (from what the founder tells me).  So, there will be buckles available, maybe as early as next week, if they turn out well.  If somethin' goes wrong, I'll be movin' into my huntin tent.

When I get the buckles, I'll strike each one with "108", indicating that for that buckle, it was the first casting in 2008.  I'll print up a listing of how many of each buckle was cast in that first lot, and send it out with each buckle.  That way, if these do end up being collectable, you will already know how many buckles like yours were cast.

Along the line of collectibility, I had a collectable old west gun dealer email me last night about the buckles.  He wanted one in each metal and two in silver, (even though I don't have a solid price on silver yet.  I guess silver is goin' to be silver no matter what, and it's still a preciouse metal).  He doesn't make leather gear, but he sees these buckles as an investment.  I guess he plans on having an uncurculated set of each of the first run buckles as they come out.  This got me thinkin' I'm orderin' too few buckles for this first run.  But, I guess that's what makes 'em desireable to collectors.

I'm goin' to try to get a better ballpark price on the silver buckles in case anyone else is interested in silver from the first run.  As I've spent more and more time and more and more money on this project, I've been thinkin' maybe I've been hit in the head a few too many times.  But this mornin', it seems like maybe this long-shot may not be such a bad idea after all.  I've just got to market the dickens out of them buckles!

Thanks for hangin' in there with me guys.  If nothin' else, we'll have a few unique buckles when the dust settles.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Marshal Will Wingam

You obviously are doing something right, Will. These will certainly be a great item. It's really cool that the collector interest is there. That could be a whole market for you to get into. I'm sure looking forward to getting mine.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

R.T. Rangebum

I'd like to add my name to the list Will. I'll take one each white bronze and brass. Thanks for putting this together.

RTR

will ghormley

Hey Guys,

I just got word from the foundry this mornin', (Saturday, 26JAN08).  Three solid Sterling Silver buckles have been cast.  That's all so far.  They will retail for over a hundred bucks each, YIKES!  They cast the silver first because the price is goin' up so fast.  The first three silver buckles are goin' to be shipped right away so I can have some photos for you to look at.  Things keep boggin' down, so I'm not sure if I'll have any of the other metals by next week or not.  At least we can look at the silver ones.

I'm not goin' to be able to afford gettin' PayPal set up on my website right now.  But, I'll have a webpage with photos and prices you can order from.  We'll just have to handle it the old fashioned way, checks through the mail.

Will

Will Ghormley

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Will

Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to getting my hands some, I'll bet they'll look just dandy

Ten Wolves
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

will ghormley

Hey Folks,

I got the first of the Silver buckles and Silver "Hand of God" Crucifixes in Monday.  I've got a link to my webpage for 'em if you want to take a gander.

http://www.willghormley-maker.com/CrucifixAndBuckles.html

Will

Will Ghormley

Dr. Bob

Will,

WOW!! :o ;D  Spectacular!!  Ya done good, REAL good. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Forty Rod

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Fantastic Will, My checks on the way ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ten Wolves  ;) :D ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

That's truly outstanding, Will. I'll get my check for the white bronze in the mail to you right away. That way when you get them from the foundry, my order will be covered.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dalton Masterson

SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

will ghormley

Hey Guys,

Dalton Masterson brought up a good question.  Are the buckles twenty-five or twenty-seven bucks?  Since I said on the CAS City wire I didn't reckon they'd come in over twenty-five bucks, I figure I aught to stick with what I said.  However, after this first casting is gone, I'll have to charge twenty-seven for 'em.  I figure, if somebody off the street stumbles across my site, they can go ahead and pay the twenty-seven, but as long as this first castin' lasts, you get a slight discount.

I haven't tallied up my hash marks since a few more folks have spoken for buckles, but I figure it to be around twenty from the first run that haven't been spoken for.  So, you all aught to be able to get a buckle and save a couple of bucks.

I put one of the silver buckles on a pants belt to see how it works.  I figured since it's a hair over 2 5/8" tall, it might bit a little on a pant belt when I bend over.  But, I've had my boots on and off a couple of times today without any problem.  I could get use to wearin' around a fancy silver buckle!

Thanks for all your support with this project guys.  I wouldn't have done it without your interest.
Will

Will Ghormley

Buffalo

I'll get the check in the mail for my 2 also.
THANKS Buff

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com