How About Some Quality Buckles for a Change?

Started by will ghormley, December 02, 2007, 01:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wymore Wrangler

Will, I want two white bronze ovals from the first casting also.  I mailed the check on Tuesday for the cruifixes...
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

will ghormley

OK guys,

I've got your Oval Buckle orders written down, but you'll have to hold your horses.  Most likely, it will be two months before I have any Ovals in hand.  I've got leather orders I have to finish up to finance the four weeks I'll spend carving the master for the Ovals.  Then it will be anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks before I get anything back from the foundry. 

So, spring will be in the air before Oval Buckles are in the Post.  I'll work as fast as I can.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Marshal Will Wingam

Well, you can put me down for a couple ovals, too, Will. Probably white bronze but I may re-think that. I can wait for them to come available. Are you going to be doing those rosette stamps soon? I am looking forwrd to them, too.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

hOWDY wILL

Hey pard there is no hurry, I think were all so happy with your buckles , that we want to make sure we get in on the ovals , I know I do , but I understand , that you would  be behind on some of your leather orders , all of this takes time , and we all appreciate what you're doing, so let us know when we need to get the gold dust to ya pard ,  :D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

OK, I realized I hadn't checked the mail yesterday so I did so just now. Guess what? My buckle is here. Wow, what a beauty, Will!. Make my ovals white bronze for sure. The color on this stuff is truly outstanding. It has a really great warm tone to it. I'm impressed.

will ghormley

Hey Marshal,

I had remembered I had said I was goin' to slip the rosettes into the schedule before I started on the Oval.  I probably should still do that.  The two rosettes wont take that long.

Will

Will Ghormley

Buffalo

I also received my buckles in the mail today. WOW that is some outstanding craftsmanship. They are truly beautiful.
THANKS! Buff

Buffalo

I just spent about 10 minutes with some Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish on my new buckles. Let me tell you what, if you have not bought a buckle yet your really missin out on something great. These things are BEUTIFUL!
BLING-----BLING
Buff

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

hEY Buff

Show us a picture , I think we would all like to see , the BLING BLING , on Wills buckles, I now I would

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Buffalo

The great thing is, if you want a old look leave them the way they are. If you want bling polish them 5 minutes. The one on the left is brass polished and the flash makes it look more silver.
Regards Buff

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Will Buff

I asked for it, WOW LET ME SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME WOW, Thats some right schnaseey, looking trimmings , and your Mothers mag and aluminum polish, really did a great job on the buckles , did you use the polish on the other items like the conchos ?, and your leather work really looks great , you've been doing this for a while pard, my hats off to to ya   :D ;D :o 8)

will ghormley

Hey Guys,

Just a quick note on shipping.  I took a look at my shipping costs from this first round of orders.  I've had to revise my shipping costs.  From 1 to 4 buckles, the price for shipping is $7.  Add another seven bucks for up to 8 buckels.  I made the changes on my website.  This reflects the cost of USPS shipping prices for the buckles.  So, when you want to order more buckles, get together with your buddies and get 4 buckles together for the best price on shipping.

Will

Will Ghormley

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for the information on the shipping. Well, those buckles are worth it. You can buddy up for 4 at a time, but better still, just get 4 for yourself when ya order.  ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

OK, pards. Will has done it again. He just sent me an email with a pic of the wax version of the oval buckle. Here it is. I'm in for a couple in white bronze.

Dr. Bob

And I'm in for a single white bronze!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Dalton Masterson

Put me in for 1 white and 1 brass Will! They sure look good! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

outrider

Howdy Pards:

Put me dowm for three (3) in white Bronze
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Will  ;D

The buckles proof, looks great, you can put me down for 2 white bronze, and 1 brass, and let us know when you want us to send in the gold dust, Take care Pard, you're doing a fine job on these.

tEN wOLVES ;) :D ;D

Wymore Wrangler

Will, when do you expect to have these in stock now....
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

will ghormley

Hey Skip, and everyone,

I expect to have 'em in a week or three, depending on how things go at the foundry.  They may get the mold made this weekend, so they could possibly start pourin' next week.  However, it has been my experience, things don't always work the way they sould.  However, I re-designed my buckle engineering, based on the troubles with the first buckle.  So, hopefully, we will avoid many of the foundry problems that delayed the production of the first buckle.

I am finishing up the re-work of the Frank James Rosette Stamps this afternoon, and I'll be shippin' 'em out tomorrow.  I'm goin' to send along a check for the new molds for the rosette stamps, and I need to send a check for the buckles.  So, if you guys want first casting buckles, let me know today.  I've already got; Marshal Will, Dr. Bod, Dalson Masterson, Outrider and Ten Wolves' orders written down.  I may end-up with a few extra, but I'm goin' to have to keep this a pretty minimal order so I can keep workin' on the other buckles.  So, unless you order before I mail the check tomorrow, I can't guarantee you'll get a first casting buckle.  You don't have to send money till I have the buckles ready for shipping, but I need to know what to order now.

First casting runs are only really important if you are making a collection of the first run buckles.  There is a gun dealer who plans on having a collection of silver first run buckles.  I'm making a collection to mount as a plack.  As a collectible, it will be worth somethin' someday.

While the oval buckles are a little shorter, they are heavier, (thicker), taller and the rounded sides and ends are wider than the first buckle.  My best guess is they will cost the same as the first buckles.  If they are a little heavier, or lighter, the price difference should only apply to the silver buckles which are sold by the value of the weight of the preciouse metal.  So, they should cost the same as the first buckle.  Shipping will be seven bucks extra for 1-4 buckles and another seven bucks for from 5-8 buckles.

So, there ya' have it.  That's about all I know right now.

Will

Will Ghormley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com