How About Some Quality Buckles for a Change?

Started by will ghormley, December 02, 2007, 01:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalton Masterson

Woohoo! Cant wait! Thanks for this Will! DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Buffalo

I'll be sittin at the mail box.
Regards Buff

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

tHATS GOOD NEWS wILL :D ;D

tEN wOLVES ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

will ghormley

OK boys, here's the deal.  This is my Friday, February 15th update.

I got 11 White Bronze Buckles, 12 Brass Buckles, 4 White Bronze Crucifixes, and 5 Bronze Crucifixes this afternoon. 

The colors aren't exactly what I thought they were goin' to be.  The White Bronze looks great!  You can't tell the difference between Silver and White Bronze in the photos.  With some polish, it will easily pass for Silver.  I didn't get any Bronze buckles, but the Bronze Crucifixes I got look like copper.  I wasn't expecting that.  I was blown away by the Brass Buckles.  They look like what I thought the Bronze Buckles would look like.  You can see photos of the White Bronze and Brass Buckles on my new buckle page:  http://www.willghormley-maker.com/OWCBuckles.html

I spent an hour on the phone with the founder workin' out the details.  What I think I want to do, is; only offer White Bronze and Brass buckles, except for special orders.  So, take a look at the photos of the buckles on the website.  If it's all the same to you guys, I would fill orders for Bronze buckles with the Brass buckles I got in.  I'll try to get ahold of the guys that have already paid when they ordered, and double check with them individually.

Another thing we discussed was the structure of the buckle and how the design effects the casting process.  I've got some specific changes I am goin' to impliment when I carve the second oval buckle.  It should reduce reject rates in casting, which will speed everything up.

So, there ya' have it.  I'm goin' back to the workshop and start fillin' the orders I can.  You guys who paid with your order should start seein' your buckles next week.  I was told the next shipment should get sent to me next Thursday or Friday.  So, whatever I can't fill from this order will most likely get filled from the next shipment, and get to you the week after next.

Thanks for hangin' in there guys,
Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

:D ;D :D ;D Howdy Will  ;D

I couldn't be happier with the results , man these buckles look GREAT , I can't wait to get my hands on them. :o ::) ::) 8) ;D Will, you really did a fantastic job of pulling this off , THANKS  :D ;D

:D ;D tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Buffalo

White Bronze and Brass buckles, sounds great to me.
Buff

Marshal Will Wingam

Those are truly outstanding, Will. I'm looking forward to seeing the white bronze in person. I guess I'll have to make a special belt for that. Now I have to get thinking. Thank you for making this a reality.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Wymore Wrangler

Will if they aren't already spoken for, I'll take two white Bronze cruifixes and a plain bronze one, check will be in the mail Monday morning if you say it's a go...
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

will ghormley

Hey Wrangler,

The Crucifixes are yours, not a problem.  And, after your phone call, I didn't see any other sign, other than a pair of coyotes who were hunting the valley together.  Since the valley I was hikin' is both bedding a forage ground for deer, I had hoped the cold and snow had drawn one of the big cats into the valley to pick off the weak.  However, no big cat tracks.  The phone ringin' must have scared 'em out of the valley.  Not your fault, I just have to remember to set the phone on vibrate when I leave civilization:)

Will

Will Ghormley

Wymore Wrangler

Same thing happened to me last fall, I didin't work overtime, grabbed my bow and went and sat in one of my tree stands, boss called wanting me to come in on my day off the next day and work overtime, didn't see a deer the rest of the evening...
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

will ghormley

OK,

I got all the Certificates of Authenticity for this first casting of the buckles done.  If I have the wrong information on any of your certificates, let me know.  I'm reasonably shure I have everyones order, with their certificates, in the right envelopes.  If you get someone elses, let me know.

I am only providing these certificates with the first casting.  After this, I will provide certification if somebody wants it, but I'll probably charge somethin' for the effort.  The reason I'm doin' this on this first casting is:  You never know when something might have some signifigance in the future.  Who knows what will happen with this buckle line.  But maybe, somewhere down the road, your rig will be a collectors item, and with this buckle and certificate, it'll be worth even more.  Look to the future.

The orders will go out in the Post Monday mornin'.  Everyone should get theirs this coming week.  Now, I just need to get enough orders cleared off my table to start on the oval buckle.

Will

Will Ghormley

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks for the update Will, that means I better keep my eyes opened for the Pony Express ridder in the next three or four days , might even send the boys out to make sure he gets through, don't want any of them there outlaws messen with my Certificates of Authenticity, if you know what I mean. :o :) 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Dalton Masterson

Will, got my buckles today!!! WOW!! Very very beautiful! Is there a chance to keep the same SN# for subsequent buckles?? Thanks Will!!
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

will ghormley

Hey Dalton,

The identifier on the back stands for the casting run, (1), and the year, in this case, 2008, (08).  That dictates the number for this casting, (108).  The casting I'll be getting this weekend, or early next week, will be marked 208, indicating the second casting of this particular buckle in '08. 

Now, when I get to those oval buckles you anticipate so much, they will be the Old West Collection Buckle, (2008 copyright, Will Ghormley) #2.  That will be cast into the buckle.  The run numbers for the #2 Ovals will start out with 108, for the first casting in 2008.  So, if you purchase from the same casting, in the same year, it will have the same number.

I'll pencil ya' in for a buckle from the first casting of the #2 Oval.

Will

Will Ghormley

Dalton Masterson

You betchya Will, pencil in for 2. 1 brass and 1 white! Thanks again! DM
SASS #51139L
RATS #65
SCORRS
www.runniron.com

Seth Shaw

I should be sending out a check tomorrow for 1 in white bronze and 1 in brass :) Need to head out to my leather supplier to restock on supplies to make some quality belts to put them on  ;D
See me takin' shots at the bar like I'm bullet-proof.
USFA-CSS #176

outrider

Will:

Pencil me in for three of the oval buckles..white bronze
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Buffalo

Put me down for a brass and a white bronze oval buckle also. Let me know when you want a check for those.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

;D ;D Ye Ha Howdy Will

The Pony Express Ridder just came in , these buckles are even better in person , Ya did good Will, and if you would , put me down for two white bronze, and one brass oval's, from the first casting, and let me know when you need the gold dust. One other thing , the white bronze , looks just like antique silver, you really don't have to do anything else to it, these buckles couldn't be any better than if they came right from the later 1800's,  I really like these............ :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Dr. Bob

Howdy Will,

Mine came today too!  USPS made it through the sleet & snow as promised. :o ;D  Please put me down for one white bronze oval buckle.  Perked me up from my sinus infection induced stupor! ::) :( ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com