uniform

Started by Charlie Bowdre, November 20, 2007, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Bowdre

Please feel free to move topic if not the right spot

Hi , just getting into this and need some help. I am interested in gearing up some kit to depict an enlisted soldier of the Spanish American War.
Any help with where to look for uniforms , kit and or equipment would be much appreciated.
I am not wanting to join a particular reenactment unit at this stage , just want to do some shooting .
Thanks and God Bless.
Dutchie
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Deadeye Don

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Pitspitr

Hi Dutchie
Span-Am is a little later than my period (I do IWP and can do a little CW) So I'm not a great one to ask, but I can point you to some very good people to ask. Why don't you re-post this in the Barracks. There are some very knowledgeable people there.
You may also want to consider joining the Grand Army of the Frontier.  The GAF is a western action shooters organization for folks interested in the frontier period (1861 through 1902) military history and membership is FREE. Check out our website at http://www.grandarmyofthefrontier.org/ There is some data about uniforms both in the uniforms page and the links page.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

River City John

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Charlie Bowdre

Thanks all for the information and web sites.
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com