Uberti Stallion Lightning .38 spec w/3 1/3" bbl

Started by Sky Soldier, November 16, 2007, 07:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Soldier

My fishin' buddy wants to be my shootin' buddy and I'm thinking about getting her one of these for Christmas. She doesn't like shooting my .45 Colt SAA's (even with Cowboy loads pushing 200 gr. bullets) but has no problem with .45 acp"s out of my 1911A1. She's just under 5 feet tall and just under 100 lbs. so I think the SAA's are just not a good fit.
Any comments or observations will be appreciated and I thank you in advance.
3/319 173rd Airborne Bde.(Sep)   May '66 - May '67

If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Abilene

The Lightning pistol, being smaller than a full size gun, will kick a little more with any given load.  Buts lots of ladies (and men, too) shoot them and love them.  Go for it!

BTW, if this is for plinkin' and not CAS, the Lightnings are available in .22LR now as well.

Good luck.

E.R.Beaumont

Howdy Pards and Pardettes.

Sky, Pard I have one and they are just cute.  They are basicaly a long barrelled pocket rocket, only marginally larger than a Chief's Special.  The recoil is stout with anything other than target loads.   With cowboy loads, when shooting duelist, the recoil is helpful in recocking and reaiming the the pistol.

The full sized Thunderer has a smaller grip, and in .357S&W Mag. the pistol is large enough to dampen the recoil down to fun levels.  As far as i know they come in barrell lengths from 3" to 7 1/2". 

I would suggest that you track down a Pard or Pardette who has one and ask them if she can try it out.  Of course it might just be grip size and  the little Lightning, or a Stallion, which is the version with a standard shaped grip, would be just what she wants.  Heck, track down more than one pard and more than one gun type and grip shape.  Try the little Rugers in .32 H&R Mag, they come in two different grip sizes and shapes.

That is all I think I know.
Regards, Beaumont
SASS Life#21319
NRA Life, Endowment
CCRKBA Life

Jefro

Hey Sky, I have a pair with 5 1/2 barrels and enjoy shooting them, they are easy to get on target with more recoil than 73s. However my gal prefers the 73s, she says the weight and balance of the full size pistol is easier to handle. I suggest going to a few matches and let her handle both. Also if she is going to shot CAS, I would suggest 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 in barrels. The Ruger .32 single six is also a fine choice if you can find them. Good luck.

Jefro,   Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Sky Soldier

Thank you all for sharing your opinions. It is great that us newbies can get different opinions while we are making expensive decisions.
My Pardette doesn't have any issues with recoil, it's the grip on the SAA's that just doesn't work.
Last week we were invited to join a bunch of CAS shooters at a practice session and one of the shooters offered her the use of a Ruger .32 cal with a barrel he had shortened to 3 1/2". She loved the gun and decided that she wanted one for Christmas.
I've been searching around on the net and came across the Stallion and posed the question to get some comparisons.
I intend to keep investigating and I hope you all will keep feeding me information and opinions.
3/319 173rd Airborne Bde.(Sep)   May '66 - May '67

If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com