Colt dragoon value

Started by chris7171, November 16, 2007, 06:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris7171

Hi there

I was wondering what my colt dragoon is worth, it is made by colt and I think in about 1981 as the serial number is 27757 it was bought by my father new from colt. Does any one know what its value is. The box that it came in is lost and it is in excellent but fired condition.

Major 2

The thing to do is see what one or more are selling for on GunBroker.com... or the other similar sights.
That era would make it a 2nd Gen. Colt Black Powder Series... that is what you want to compare to ( not 3rd. gen. Signature Series  Guns)

In 1981 is sold for about $350-375 retail. You say it has been shot and is missing the box... I'd say the value is about $500- $600 But the market can be fickle.... 
It will bring what the market will bare.

The unfired w/ box a papers would bring a premium, maybe $700-800
when planets align...do the deal !

St. George

I saw two at the last gun show - fired and without box and papers - both priced at $350, with no interest.

Sometimes, it's timing - sometimes it's location - and sometimes it's perceived need to possess one that drives a wallet to open.

The Dragoons are interesting revolvers - but most guys don't want to shoot them due to their size.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com