splatter shields for loading / unloading tables

Started by panhead pete, November 15, 2007, 05:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panhead pete

Hello the camp!

I recently attended a shoot held by the Sandusky County Regulators in Gibsonburg Ohio.  They have an outstanding permanent facility!   I noticed they used sheets of clear double layered material (Acrylic maybe?) to prevent splatter from hitting folks at the tables.  I am going to contact Kenny Vaquero there and see what it is exactly.  Our club has had a problem with minor splatter injuries.  We set up our stages on our clubs 200 yard range cross-ways, so we are limited on the size and type of structures we can use.   Tear down is a bear when you have to remove tables, steel and props!!  What ideas do y'all have or have you used to help control splatter injuries?  I am thinking stockade would be too cumbersome.  I like what the Sandusky folks are using and was thinking of painting period style advertisements on them.  Any thoughts and ideas are surely welcome.

Happy Trails,

Panhead Pete,
Johnson Creek Regulators, Plymouth MI

Deadeye Don

From what I have observed at the shoots at the two posses I belong to is that ONE:  dont have the pistol targets too close and TWO: have  a bit of a downward angle on the targets.  I personally would not want acrylic panels set up.  I think that would take away from the historical accuracy a bit more.  Others may have more ideas for you.  Regards.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

panhead pete

Deadeye,

They used what appeared to be a two layer type of plastic with a cross members inside for strength.  I am guessing they found these somewhere.  They also used stockade type fences.  I liked the panels they used as they look lightweight and easy to move after the shoot.  If we paint them with advertisements from the 1880's they would look much more period.  The interesting thing about our club is that we tend to hear complaints that our targets are too far away!  We had one incident where the angle of the shooter and the angle of the steel, (even though we wire ours to angle down), still managed to strike one of our shooters.  We normally do very well, but I think it would e great to have a set up like the Ohio folks.

Best,

Panhead

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com