AWA Longhorn

Started by Four Eyed Floyd, November 14, 2007, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Four Eyed Floyd

Anyone know anything about this gun? I can pick one up for $350 out the door and very slick! ;D
Thsi is a new gun, a guy won it in a lottery and sold it to the gunshop was only fired about a dozen times. I checked AWA and it MSRP's for $825. the action is butter. i will post pictures after I get it tomorrow. From the information I searched here it looks to be quite the deal...is it?
Four Eyed Floyd #75002
RATZ 391
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311
Scioto Territory Desperadoes

Marshal Will Wingam

I've had 4 of them. They all were great guns. They were $375 new about 10 years ago, so let that be a guide on the price. I used one pair for about 7 years with no problems. When I sold a bunch of them off to make room for other stuff, I kept those two. Still have them but don't shoot them at this time because I've switched over to Remingtons. I can only assume that the new ones are every bit as good as when the company was American Western Arms before they sold to Russel. He may still work on the old ones.

Oh, yeah. They are very slick. Mine are like butter, too.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Four Eyed Floyd

Yeah I had no plan to buy it since I had a Winny 73 on order already but couldn't leave it for that price.
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311

Marshal Will Wingam

It'll probably end up being your favorite. Good guns. Congrats.

Four Eyed Floyd

Picked it up today, went to the range and you were right it will be my favorite. Light trigger smooth as silk, hit a 2 inch clay at 25 yards with one shot.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Here it is:

Four Eyed Floyd #75002
RATS 391
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311

Marshal Will Wingam

Congrats, pard. Nice-looking pistola. Now you can get ready to buy the next one.  :D

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Four Eyed Floyd.

That's a dang nice looken sixgun, first AWA I've seen ,beautiful case harding, you can till the gun hasn't been handled very much,and they used quality walnut with a little fiddle back in it for grips , you don't see that much on stock guns, they even case hardened the hammer, that really looks good,like icing on a cake. I'm HAPPY FOR YA. and you say it shoots straight , WOW, I think you got a heck of a deal on this one Pard ??? 8)

Ten Wolves Five Shooter  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Four Eyed Floyd

Yeah I couldn't be happier, one of those unplanned right time in the right place things. I guess everybody gets one, eh!
;) 8)
Four Eyed Floyd #75002
RATS 391
Scioto Territory Desperados
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Four Eyed Floyd on November 16, 2007, 04:17:02 PMone of those unplanned right time in the right place things. I guess everybody gets one, eh!
Those are usually the deals that are the best, too. I've obtained a couple winners by being in the right place and taking advantage of it.

Virginia Gentleman

I believe ASM and not Pietta made these older AWAs and are not as well known for typical quality as the current Pietta made AWAs.  However, some of them did get made right and yours sure looks great.  Shoot it and check it over to see if it needs some tuning.  Let us know how it shoots and handles.

Four Eyed Floyd

It shoots POA cycles very nice, smooth, with a very light trigger pull.  ;D I used it at a shoot in November and it performed flawless.  8) The only problem I had was the hammer is so easy to cock that my coat caught on it an made it half cock so I lost 10 seconds there for a safety violation. :'(
Four Eyed Floyd
SASS #75002
RATS #391
BOSS #186
STORM #311

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com