Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee

Started by litl rooster, November 01, 2007, 02:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Tracker

may be gonna change if what we got comes your way,  but it's not so bad, just a lot cooler than what we've been used to,

we knew it was gonna have to get a little cooler sometime,   we got a neighbor down the road, we always joke you can tell when spring gets here, Malcom  always goes around without a shirt, saw him yesterday walking around without his shirt, told Jackie last night, I bet Malcom has his shirt on tomorrow. :o
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tensleep.

Turkey is in the Weber.

'Tis 22 and sunny. High of 34.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Stoney Pete on November 21, 2007, 09:37:20 PM
Thanks for all the kind words.  I have sold one item and have another for sale as this was NOT in the budget, but I could not leave it there. 
New to me.  Very happy with it.   Ran great.  A friend of mine had one and the thing was a jam-o-matic.  I did have a couple jams, but that could be the user.  79 rounds (all that I brought) gone very fast.  Gonna cost a few bucks to feed this. ::)  The upside is my FMJ reloads run flawlessly. ;D
That sounds real good. I think it would be too fun. I'd be spending all my money on ammo.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Stoney Pete

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on November 21, 2007, 10:25:24 PM

Nice toy, Stoney. You're gonna need a progressive to feed that thing :o

Got an RCBS PRO2000.  I can still shoot 'em a lot faster than I can make 'em.

I just got back from Church so I'll put on another pot.  Typical New England weather.  Sunny and will be 60 today.  Yet tomorrow we may be in the deep freeze.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Delmonico

18 here, got coffee on, don't feel the best this mornin' might not head out today, may just hang around here.  Be a lot quieter around here if they would all get ready and go to Crete. ;)

Grocery store has turkeys on sale 59 cents a pound with $25 of groceries, gonna go get one later, they is open till 4, gonna put it in the 'lectric roaster and make samwhich leftovers, need to get some flour and yeast also for bread, Arcey didn't get mine at Sam's the other day. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Pony Racer

happy Thanksgiving ya'll.

i think we all have lots to be thanful for

Me - my wife and new baby boy are doing great after a so/so early arrival.

plus my middle brother who has been in the center of Iraq is flying home (should be arriving around 830pm tonight) for 10 or so days.

Enjoy your families and have a blessed day.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Delmonico

For all you Old Pfarts, Old Hippies and other misfits who belong on the Group W Bench, if yer turntable don't work or someone stole yer 33 1/3 LP, I posted the lyrics in the Proper Thanksgiving thread. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

J.D. Yellowhammer

Quote from: Delmonico on November 22, 2007, 09:14:46 AM
For all you Old Pfarts, Old Hippies and other misfits who belong on the Group W Bench, if yer turntable don't work or someone stole yer 33 1/3 LP, I posted the lyrics in the Proper Thanksgiving thread. ;D

Happy Thanksgiving from the Group W bench!  Hehehe

Me an the wife went to the big, fancy organic foods store and bought us a fresh tom that was raised free range, fed nothing but organic veggies, was taught how to macrame and listened to recordings of whale calls all day.  I understand they euthanized the fowl with a painless drug while it was asleep.  Good lookin' bird but not cheap by any means.  Arcey, I think even them turkey adopters would appreciate this bird's life, if not his death.

JD
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Marshal Will Wingam

Morniin' pards. Thanks for the coffee. I'll check that thread for the lyrics, Del.

Just checking in before to my sister's. You all enjoy the day.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Delmonico

Jeeez, they finally got gone, took Andrea 2 1/2 hours to get ready to go even with her Mother's help, dang I am glad it was a lot easier to get two kids ready when I had them. ;D 

I can load my whole cook camp and buy the groceries for 50 people for a weekend in less time than it took that girl to get two kids ready this mornin'.  Grandpa and Rowdy got left takin' care of a kid in a swing for a bit, dang Grandpa can sure get better pictures when Mom and Grandma ain't around to bother him. ;D 

Have to download and see what I got, I know one is really good. :)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Steel Horse Bailey

More good wishes from a charter member of the Group W bench ... and a bozo on the bus. ;)

JD - I lost it when ya mentioned the whale calls and teachin' the bird how ta macramé!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Delmonico

Ya know, I might have tolt this before, but in Aug of 1976 I almost became intitled to the Group W Bench on the same charge as Arlo, but the nice State Trooper gave me back my torn samwhich bag he walked back and picked up and said he's let it pass.  Wonder what he ever did with our bong he kept? ::)

Anyway, while they were gettin' ready this mornin' my helper and me kept an eye on Lemol in his swing.  My helper kept a close eye on him. ;)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Ozark Tracker

Del, it appears that your helper is right good at his job,  he's got the whole thing under control.   ;D

Four-Eyed Buck

I'd say he put his nose right on it. They don't get too far out of hand that way...........Buck 8) ::) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Arcey

This'n mustah been one them Carolina hybrids. Brest was so big the bird looked kindah weird. Fried up real nice. Let it sit a good thirty minutes 'fore I carved it 'n still got my fingers burnt. Turnt out good. Little less than half (sliced) left over. Got both drumsticks left for snacks.

Collards were good. No one reached for the salt for the green beans but me.

They had punkin' pie with Cool Whip fer desert. I had 'nother bowl of collards.

No dinner this evenin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

I had turkey samwhices out of some of Rita's noodle turkey last night, 'bout to head to the store, I'm thinkin' sausage gravy and biscuits sounds good a bit latter.  Some of Arcey's collards sounds good, but I know our store most likely ain't got none but canned or frozen.  Might have to hit Super Saver another day, they got all kinds of stuff like that in produce and they have good produce.  A small local chain, got IGA's for full service and these bag your own, they have about 75% or more of the grocery bizzness in town, still owned by the guy who started it and his kids.  They have good prices in both, treat their customers well, their help well and have a smokehouse that does justice to any small town one, friend of mine has been the boss of it for over 20 years.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck

We only half the breast I cooked here. Might have been one of OT's Carolina type birds here,too. Didn't dry it out neither. Gonna have to let things settle some afore I think of dessert..........Buck 8) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Delmonico

Went and got my 59 cent a pound turkey, a Norbest, Newbrassky grown is all it says.  I'll put it in the 'lectric roaster, breast down and it will make good sammwiches, ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Tensleep

Kinda wish I had done a brisket for Thanksgiving an' saved the turkee breast fer later.

Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Ozark Tracker

Quote from: Tensleep on November 22, 2007, 02:28:00 PM
Kinda wish I had done a brisket for Thanksgiving an' saved the turkee breast fer later.

Kinda wish I hadn't ate quite as much ham as I did.  ;)

still got dessert :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com