Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee

Started by litl rooster, November 01, 2007, 02:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

I'm up, got some 'spressoo on, yes thanks to the vetrans and I won't rant but should.

Gonna take the dog out in a bit to some state land 'bout 10 miles away, don't expect real good but who knows, we'll have fun and that is what counts, a day afield with a good dog and a shotgun ain't wasted.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Four-Eyed Buck

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee and grub, Tensleep.

Quote from: Marshal harpoluke on November 12, 2007, 06:11:45 AM
Thanks to the Veterans Who served this Country. ;D

God Bless America, God Bless Our Troops, God Bless the USA!
Here, here!

'Tis 50 and partly cloudy. High of 54.

We'z off ta Junction City. Be back this evening.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

Mornin', boys.

Around 60 with some clouds.  Not bad a'tall.

Grew up in what amounted to a housin' development for former military personnel.  Most of the men there were WWII vets.  Mustered out.  Found jobs 'n stayed.  Young 'n stupid, I doubt many, if any, of us kids ever said thanks back then.  Today, I wish I could say it face to face but it's too late.

To all our Vets. A very humble and sincere Thank You.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

havin' heck of a time keepin' my eyes open this mornin'
Mathew 5.9

Four-Eyed Buck

Got laundry washed and some carpet scrubbed so far today, still got two floors to go.........Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Arcey

Done played plumber again this mornin'.  Just come back from a short errand run. Neighbor four houses down has HVAC vans in his drive.  Mechanics got the furnace tore out. I can sympathize.  Happy that's over.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Scarlet Angel

Mornin' Fellas,

Quote from: Marshal harpoluke on Today at 04:11:45 AM
QuoteThanks to the Veterans Who served this Country.

God Bless America, God Bless Our Troops, God Bless the USA!

You said it Marshal!

Went to the foothills for a ride with my friend yesterday. I rode her 17 hand Tenn Walker. He sure was alot of fun. He has a very smooth gait that her other horse has to lope to keep up with. Then when he deceided to lope the trees were moving by at a pretty good clip  ;D

Have a great day
"The Scarlet Angel, heaven and hell all rolled into one.... I'd hate to be the one on the hell side." ~Patches McDuff

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."  Mark Twain

Marshal Will Wingam

Mornin' y'all. Thanks for the cup, Sleep.

Happy Veterans Day. I, also, won't get on a rant. Thanks to all who served and I appreciate those who appreciate the service done by all Vets.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Delmonico

We're back, just got up a couple hens, should have went out earlier, but since I'm going to close state land I let the deer hunters have a chance.  Was a good training session, he sure if figgerin' out what I want him to do and how far I want him to range.  Got a pardon from the warden and get to spend Thanksgiving in the field with him down at the farm where things should be better.

Got me a big ol' bag of black walnuts, needed the hulls to 'spear-a-mint with makin' some wood stain out of the hulls, just ain't happy with the Sharps, to cheap to restock it with real black walnut, gonna see if I can get that stuff from Italy a better color, picky I know, but I want it to look right.

1000 Walnut trees on our farm almost 30 years old and several much older and I have to steal them off state land from the squirrels, guess the late frost didn't hit down there as bad.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Lucky Irish Tom

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable day Del!

Let us know how tha speer - mint goes!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Delmonico

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on November 12, 2007, 02:59:32 PM
Glad to hear you had an enjoyable day Del!

Let us know how tha speer - mint goes!  ;D

Will do, I need to get some denatered alcohol and some rubber gloves to make it, don't want brown hands.

What do you think. is the boy havin' fun.   ;D  He found where one had been, wanted to get him gettin' one up, didn't really care if I shot one or not.

BTW, a nice chunk of restored prairie with a riparian tree line, it don't get no better than that.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster

Del, as a young'n I dyed my traps in the fall with blackwalnut hulls,  Rubber gloves are needed
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

Evenin ya'll - new potof cawfee is on.

Just got back from visiting the in-laws in Williamsburg.

Everybody is plum wore out.

I did finally pick up my new to me Stevens Riverside with exposed hammers and 30 inch barrels.

I'll send some pics later.

Hoping to shoot in Dec and take the ROI/II class.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Ozark Tracker

Quote from: litl rooster on November 12, 2007, 03:34:26 PM
Del, as a young'n I dyed my traps in the fall with blackwalnut hulls,  Rubber gloves are needed

them juicy wlanut hulls work pretty good on them traps,   got an uncle tells about him and some other kids back in the 30's had a rash, split open a few juicy green walnut hulls and rubbed it all over the rash, he said the rash was gone in about 3 days but the black stain lasted almost 8 months  ;D
he said he had never had anything burn that bad, said they spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in the river after putting it on.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Trinity

Quote from: Delmonico on November 12, 2007, 01:31:43 AM
Left in a hurry to work one sunday mornin' yes I forgot mine, had a banfanna on my head.  took the bandanna off and went into work, boss looked at me and told me to find one that fit me and wear it, I looked to strange with out one.  Only once in a lot of years did I forget a hat.

You look strange without a hat?  Was he mumbling anything while walking away, perchance?  ;D

Evenin' folks!

I think we're a day off.  Veterans day was yesterday.  Regardless, my thanks also to all the veterans.   
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Trinity

Another classic Farside for the day...

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Silver Creek Slim

We got back about half hour ago. I worked on his 'puters from 1 pm - 8:30 pm. The family was over at his sister's just across the parking lot. So, we stayed on talked fer awhile. Then stopped at Walmart since we was in "the big city", Stevens Point, for groceries and cat food. The VPN didn't work right so I have to do some more work on it but should be able to do it from here. Well, I'z gonna hit the rack. I'll put a fresh pot on fer ya early risers.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Tensleep

Thanks Slim, Cawfee ain't TOO strong yet  ;)
:D

NEW POT, FRESH AN' HOT!

Saw a couple o' soldiers at Greentop yestiddy, thanked 'em personal...

Wish I could shake tha hand o' every man an' woman what has served our country.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com