Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee

Started by litl rooster, November 01, 2007, 02:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Tracker

now Del you gonna have to splain to Rita, she's supposed to be on the mend, not running no fever.

Trinity,  Dale, brought a big stick of baloney with him, we gonna smoke it tomorrow and slice it so we can have some samwhiches with onions and some tater chips.  them baloney samwhiches is hard to beat.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Lucky Irish Tom

Del, Hope Rita is feeling better.  You didn't slip no red hot peppers in her meal did ya? :o ;D

O.T. sounds like yer gonna have fun this weekend.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Trinity

Del, I hope Rita gets better soon.

OT, I love fried baloney sammiches.  Mmmm!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

we was just sitting here trying to tell Jackie all the ways you can fix that baloney, fry it up like Trinity said,  smoke it a little while, sure gives it some flavor,  put a little BBQ sauce on it, just slap it on bread with mustard and onions.

Silver Creek Slim

Hope Rita gets well soon, Del.

Ozark, are yer deer whitetails?

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Ozark Tracker

yes Slim all we have is white tail.  we sure haven't been seeing too many, but from what I hear they are still out there eating the acorns,  we had a freeze a couple of nights ago so I'm hoping they will start coming out and looking in the pastures for some of the oats I planted,
I saw some new hog signs today where they've started coming out in the pastures, rooting around in the dirt. looking for grubs I think. they sure are tasty, wouldn't be bad to get a good one.

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, pards. Those fried baloney sandwiches sound good, Trinity. Can't say I'd have thought of it.

Del, take care of Rita and give her my best. Keep her fed well (like there was any doubt).

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Trinity

I hadn't ever had them until I moved to this neck of the woods.  Boy, then I got addicted to them.  I haven't had one in years because last time I made one I used a brand that was too cheap (yes, even in the balogna world there is such a thing as "too cheap") and it tasted bad.  Kind of turned me off. 

In Germany, I used to love to eat Fleischkäse (literally: Meat Cheese) with a fried egg.  It's also known in Bavaria as the delicacy: Leberkäse (literally: Liver Cheese).  The taste and texture is very similar to balogna, but it's baked in a bread pan.  There is a difference in the ingredients, but I've never thought until tonight to put the internet to use to find out. ;D

Tonight I had a Gyro for dinner.  While I enjoyed it, my belly doesn't seem to have liked it at all and I'm not all that excited to talk about food. :(  That said, I do believe that when I'm feeling better I'll have to go buy some "quality" balogna and fry it up.  I wish there were some German restaurants around.  I haven't had a good Leberkäse in years.

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Arcey

Been too long since I've dug inta some pig done right.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Trinity

Oh boy!  That picture is going to drive me crazy tomorrow.  I can just imagine how tender and tasty the flesh is just under the skin.  Mmmmmmmmmm,mmmm,mmm!

Ozark Tracker

woo  that's just what I'd like to do to one of these hogs around here.

Trinity, have you ever tried Fried Bologna eggs and gravy.  ti's  a good combination

Trinity

Wow! I never thought of adding gravy to the mix!  I know what I'm going to be making this weekend.  I hope I can get some thick sliced stuff.  I don't like to mess with the little puny thin ones.

Ozark Tracker

them hunks of a baloney are usually the best.   smoke it a little or cut it lengthwise and grill it low for a little while to give it that smokey taste,  then slice it thick and then pan fry it when you want to eat it and fix you some flour gravy and a few eggs.

makes ma mouth water right now.

Trinity

Mmmmmmmm boy!  I think I could cause some damage with that. ;D

Ozark Tracker

I tell ya what, you'd be full  when ya got it all ate.  but if ya wrapped up the left over bologna, then fried it for another meal, it'd taste just like ya pulled it off the grill. ;D

Four-Eyed Buck

All this talk of food, I'm getting hungry ;D What I'd like to have is some "good" sausage gravey on biscuits. Lots of sausage in it...................YUM......................Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Ozark Tracker

Boy yeah that sounds good Buck, The more sasuage the better,

Trinity's gonna have a whole list of things to try this weekend.  ;D

Delmonico

Never had no fried bologna, eggs and gravy, but some fella named Tom T. Hall used to talk about it some.

Most of the Mulies in Newbrassy are west of here, but there are a few pockets in the east, we have a pocket down around our farm, they live is the rougher stuff between the Big Nemaha and the Little Nemaha rivers.   See one once in a while, legal, but we leave them alone.  Neighbor came in from bow huntin' Mon, was eatin' luch, heard a terrible racket out side, spike muley was chasin' his German Short Hair around the yard.  Said it laid up by the house a while and went down by the barn to sleep, said he walked within a few feet of it several times.  If it would have been a whitetail he would have had venison, but we hate to pick on them since they are so scarce.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Trinity on November 08, 2007, 08:43:32 PMIn Germany, I used to love to eat Fleischkäse (literally: Meat Cheese) with a fried egg.  It's also known in Bavaria as the delicacy: Leberkäse (literally: Liver Cheese).  The taste and texture is very similar to balogna, but it's baked in a bread pan.  There is a difference in the ingredients, but I've never thought until tonight to put the internet to use to find out. ;D
I'll have to look into that. The picture (I assume that was the stuff) sure looks good. Thanks for another idea.

Quote from: Trinity on November 08, 2007, 08:59:59 PMI hope I can get some thick sliced stuff.  I don't like to mess with the little puny thin ones.
I'd think any deli would be able tyo slice it any thickness you want.

I was at a gun range shooters meeting tonight. We're having a chopped rubber backstop installed. We already have armor plating on the walls that will stop three point-blank .44 mag rounds in the same place without failing. The range is getting nicer, but they want to restrict the muzzleloaders from using it. I don't shoot muzzleloaders but am lobbying strongly to allow it. We're still debating that one.

I just talked to my cousin. His dog just got whacked by a car. All he (the dog) got was a broken leg but they're keeping him (the dog) overnight just to make sure. At least he (the dog) didn't get killed.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Delmonico

We have another toy recall from China, if you have one of these do not let yer kids play with it, take it back where you bought it and get a refund. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com