Daylights burning & set yer clocks back: November Cawfee

Started by litl rooster, November 01, 2007, 02:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Irish Tom

Just got back from my SIL house, ate so much I can hardly move.  Their kids were there as were mine and the grandbabbies, got a lot to be thankful for.  I wouldn't mind sittin down and breakin bread with my pards from CAS City, but it's gonna have to wait two or three days until this stuff settles in my belly.  Musta been on a your turkeys  O.T., dang thing was bigger n some a tha kids.  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Ozark Tracker

good to hear all that had Butterball turkey's enjoyed them, I know the company sure has been trying this last year or so, since they took over the operations.  we can see the difference here on the farm,  birds grow off easier and get bigger and just look like big fat breasted birds, more so than what we grew a few years back.  overall just a lot nicer bird.

32 here calling for a low of 22, sure doesn't feel nearly as cold as last night with all the wind we had then.  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Silver Creek Slim

We had a good meal of turkey, stuffing, butternut squash, mashed tators, green bean casserole, jellied cranberry sauce, a strawberry salad, and rolls. Had pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and choc-co-late pecan pie fer dessert.

BTW, ...

The PACKERS won!!!!
Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Marshal Will Wingam

We're back. Stuffed and happy. The trip was great except for my putting out my knee when my sister's dog jumped on me and knocking the thing down. I was highly unpopular for a while. That blew over after an hour or so and everything got back to normal. Lets see, I had fish, chicken, turkey, dressing, salad and carrot cake. I don't think I need to eat until next week. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Stoney Pete

We had my folks and my wife folks and my BIL over for Thanksgiving today.  Below is my first Turkey that I cooked.  I think I did well.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Ozark Tracker

Stoney, looks like ya done good,  the important thing is how did it taste  ??? ;D

Lucky Irish Tom

Four-Eyed Buck

Looks pretty good from here, Stoney. Has a nice color to it.............Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Marshal Will Wingam

Tensleep

HOT CAWFEE!

Today is Texas A&M v Texas U.....

GO AGGIES!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Pony Racer

Tks for Cawfee tenzzz

I got the 2nd pot brewing and got crispy mashed potatoe pancakes coming off the gridle

PR

Still feeling the effects of Thanksgiving lunch with wife's family and Thanksgiving dinner with mine

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee and grub, pards.

Turkey looks good, Stoney.

'Tis 15 and clear. High of 34.

Time to get ready to go to Marshfield fer the weekend. See y'all later.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Ozark Tracker

thanks fer the coffee,  need it hot this morning

15 degrees up here on the mountain, supposed to be up to 42 for a high today.  had to throw a little extra wood on the fire this morning fer sure,  hard to recall that 62 we woke up to day before yesterday.  ;D

Stoney Pete

Turkey was good.  We had a great time with the entire family around.  Sorry no samples. ;D

I boiled the carcass and now I have a great turkey stock in the freeze for my wife Turkey and wild rice soup.  She'll make that when the temp actually drops cold enough to enjoy.

Thanks for the coffee.  Y'all have a good weekend.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Arcey

Mornin', folks.

Done dropped 'bout twenty degrees from yesterday here. Forty sumthin' out with a righteous breeze. Ain't complainin' one l'il bit.

Me 'n Alex headin' ta the indoor here in a minute. Y'all stay warm.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Ozark Tracker

what's up with all these people camping out in front of the stores,  :o :(

who are they, camp out in 15 degree cold to get in at 4 am  :o ??? :o :o :o 

I'd pay extra just to be comfortable  ;D

Delmonico

Coffee is up, gotta be to work by 2.

The locals round here don't seem to want to talk about their football team much. ;D  I didn't go to that school and most all the team is from out of state so it don't mean nuthin' to me. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Marshal Will Wingam

Mornin' pards. Thanks for the coffee, Sleep.

We picked up our guests from Holland last night. More people coming in from LA today and still more from less distand places tomorrow. My wife has a big get-together planned. I'm helping where I can but all the plans are hers so I have it easy. Cook, fill the fridge with beer and such, eat. Ah, life can be simple sometimes. ;D Then Sunday is our local match. The people from LA will be dropping by the match to watch and see if they want to get going in CAS. I'm expecting a good weekend, although I don't know when I'll get much chance to check in.

Arcey

Black Friday sure got the indoor. Ain't never seen anywhere near that kindah crowd in the place. Couldn't walk in there without steppin' on brass.  First time I've heard the RM use the PA system to give folks a five minute warnin' on lane time. When we finished up 'n walked out, there were eight folks waitin'. Ole Bob'll make a fortune off that place taday.

Alex is just short of thirty but in good shape. Don't drink or smoke. Works out (free weights) when he can. Good eyes. Daughter's cookin' is puttin' a bit of a gut on 'im. The boy don't practice much. Didn't start shootin' in earnest 'til a couple years ago. Ate the Xs outtah two B-34s this mornin'. Only difference twix his targets 'n mine is I have fewer flyers 'n mine are closer to the group. Frightenin' what he'd do with more werk.

Ahhh.... To be young again.......
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Lucky Irish Tom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com