Is it true

Started by litl rooster, October 31, 2007, 02:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Capt Clancey Mitarwan

I think it's be a shame if Taurus left CAS behind. Every Taurus I've owned has done everything I've asked. I have read several gun rags with real good things to say about the Gaucho.

The Lightning was not a succesful design for a reason, and rightly faded away. Just because you make a replica doesn't mean you can design out the flaws (notice no replicas of the 1878 DA's?). Taurus was brave, but maybe fool-hardy, to try and make an economical version of it.
Service before self.

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

J.D. Yellowhammer

I read that a Taurus rep had confirmed that they've stopped production.  If you notice, prices have dropped dramatically lately.  I think it's a shame. My wife shoots Gauchos and they are smooth and accurate.
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Abilene

I'm at the NASGW show right now and noticed that there were no single actions at the Taurus booth, and their rep told me they have discontinued the single actions.  He did not elaborate as to why.

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

John Barleycorn

I called Taurus a few weeks ago, they denied that they are are stopping or have stopped production of the Gaucho, what the company told me was that the cowboy shooting market is very small and that while not stopping production of the Gaucho they just dont make a lot of them, they also just had a full page add in the Nov Chronicle doubt they would spend that kind of money if they were getting out of the cowboy gun market. JB
Jedi Gunfighter #176
BOLD #787, NRA Life, RO I
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
PA  St. FCGF Champ '12 '13
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
WV St. FCGF 1st Pl '12 '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com