~Marion County Renegades~
TG for Lakewood Marshals
Guns of August Midwest Regional~1st Classic Cowboy~2007
Illinois State Champ~ 1st Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter~2006
Illinois State Champ~ 1st Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter~2007
Missouri State Shoot~1st Classic Cowboy~2004
Tennessee State Shoot~1st Classic Cowboy~2008

Fox Creek Kid

Photos? Test targets? Evaluations? C'mon, quit stallin' and throw us a bone!!  ;D :D ;)

Sgt. Eli

They're not in my hands yet, just arrived a the dealer. Should have them with luck by the end of the week.
TG for Lakewood Marshals

jake1964

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"  Sigmund Freud

Long Johns Wolf

It was about time these RIIs made it to the US shores! You will have fun shooting her.
What is the barrel length? Mine is 8".
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Sgt. Eli

TG for Lakewood Marshals

Coltsmoke

I noticed there is a Richards Type II for sale on Guns America.45LC. 8'' barrel for $475.This is the first one I've found.

Sgt. Eli

Mine was only $431 shipped....and I pick it up TOMORROW!!!
TG for Lakewood Marshals

Pappy Hayes

Great. I hope this means mine will soon be here. It has been on order since September of 06. I sounds like more are starting to come in so maybe my order will be filled soon.

Sgt. Eli

Well, I got to shoot it some Saturday. Accuracy is fine, action will need some work. As long as you cock it fast it's ok, but if you try to pull the hammer back slow, as when going to half cock she binds pretty bad.
TG for Lakewood Marshals

Major 2

Quote from: Pappy Hayes on November 02, 2007, 09:53:27 AM
Great. I hope this means mine will soon be here. It has been on order since September of 06. I sounds like more are starting to come in so maybe my order will be filled soon.

Ha ! I ordered mine in Feb 06  ::)  I was told by Cimarron  I was # 6 on the list  ??? .... while I waited I found two Type I's ... and bought them
spending my Type II money ( saved twice )
I suppose you can have my place in line  ::)  I'll have to wait awhile longer...  :-[
when planets align...do the deal !

Pettifogger

What exactly is everyone talking about when they refer to "Type I" and "Type II"?  With original Colts a Type I is the Richards with the firing pin in the adapter ring and the rear sight on the ring.  A Type II has the firing pin and rear sight on the hammer.  I thought Cimarron only imported Type II's, the only variation being what they call the Transitional Richards Mason which has the Type II firing pin and sight on the hammer, but has the Type I type ejector which replaced the loading rammer.

Major 2

Right ... on the first part .... a Type II is the Transitional Richards...

only way to get a Type I is to custom make one ( Kenny Howell , Bob Millinigton { though he's not thaking orders right now } a place called  Eagles Nest in Calif. and a handful of talented craftsmen like Ottwa Creek Bill on this BB, ....

I happen to luck into a USPFA prototype & a preowned Kenny Howell made examples last year , so I have a pair they are not matched in that  front sights are different (Howell's is adj in a dove tail ) but they are very close.
when planets align...do the deal !

Long Johns Wolf

I'd like to see more range reports regarding the newly imported Richards II in .45 Colt. There must be a couple of them out there by now, I guess. How do they perform in CAS matches? What are the weak, what are the strong points? Which holsters are you using?
I am glad that I an no longer the only kid on the block with an RII . Mine in .44 Colt is going strong since over a year, with smokeless loads behind 200 grainers. However did shoot only some 300 bullets through her 8" tube, stationary target shooting, no drawing from the holster. No problems to be reported, I am happy with her.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com