How 'bout this..."least favorite Western"...

Started by Stophel, October 13, 2007, 09:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinity

Quote from: Leo Tanner on December 28, 2008, 01:20:33 PM
TOP OF THE WORST EVER LIST

Dead Man's Bounty
     Can't even bring maself ta type a review, cause then I'd have ta relive the horrible experience of watching it.  Not bearable.

Leo

Obviously you haven't seen Blueberry.  At least it has a couple cute gals in it.  (I'm partial to Juliette Lewis... yes, I know I'm strange)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

Well in DMB there is a gal who can't stay in her top ta save her life but it don't help none.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

mike highgate

The Missouri Breaks. Marlon Brando in a dress.

But no one ever looked better in western duds than Harry Dean Stanton. Pity he didn't do more.

Texas Lawdog

Marlon would definitely be a Plus size! Pitiful!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Leo Tanner

Quote from: mike highgate on February 05, 2009, 04:56:36 AM
The Missouri Breaks. Marlon Brando in a dress.

But no one ever looked better in western duds than Harry Dean Stanton. Pity he didn't do more.

I thought Jack was perty good in that one.

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

Harry Dean looks like he's had a hard life. It looks like he's had more than his fair share of Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

mike highgate

He looks like a sharecropper who's had a mess of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. He's got that look down pat.

caps

Dead Man with Johnny Depp.  The look wasn't bad.  Too bad they didn't have a story to film.

Leo Tanner

Quote from: caps on June 12, 2009, 07:07:14 PM
Dead Man with Johnny Depp.  The look wasn't bad.  Too bad they didn't have a story to film.

There is a story in there.  I thought it was well done.  Neil Young's guitar only added to it, thank God not his voice.

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

Ol' Johnny needs to stick to Pirate movies.

Stillwater

Quote from: Marshal Deadwood on February 26, 2008, 09:03:53 AM
That horried Brad Pitt , Jesse James movie....ugggg

That really was a stinker...!

Bill

Old Doc

Yeah, the Brad Pitt movie was a real stinker. I should have known better.

Hated The Missouri Breaks. probably a good movie spoiled by Brando's self-indulgence.

The only cowboy movie I ever walked out on was Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid. Maybe I was just in a bad mood that night but it was like watching grass grow.

Also not a big fan of Maverick which is now all over the Westerns Channel. Love Jim Garner, particularly Rockford but Maverick was just a bit too cute. I am developing a taste for Cheyenne, however.

Skeeter Lewis

Personally, I thought Silverado was hopeless. Boring and inauthentic.

MAJ Liberty Bell

A couple of us here watched that last weekend. First time I had ever watched it without falling asleep.

Other than the music, that movie blows in more directions than a hurricane!!!!

Civil War Siege in New Mexico? In a canyon with nothing else around? Did they even know about the Civil War in New Mexico before it was over?

All the weapons were cartridge.....

And what happened to the plot?

Man that thing was bad......

Don Nix

I love this thread. Some of these movies are so bad that I am unable to watch..
The goodbadand ugly is one of them. But in facr a majot campaign by Confedrate forces in New Mexico led to  some pitched battles. Read about the Glorieta pass battle in 1862.
The same goes for Lonesome Dove. Its probably my all time favorite movie because it contained so much historical fact.
Larry Mcmurtry is the biggest plagiarist in the country and wins a Pulitzer prize.
He developed his characters and dialog straight out of J. Frank Dobies book Cow People. The lives of Goodnight, Loving,Slaughter, Pierce and many more whose stories have been cataloged for generations. Plus he pulled characters from other screenplays.
The characters July Johnson and Roscoe Bookbinder are from the story and screen play  for Bandolero written by Stanley Hough.
He used Dee Boot, Blue Duck,  Isom Dart and many more historical characters . It goes on and on. The true stories that he melded together won him a pulitzer prize.
if a student had submitted  the book in a creative writing college class,they would have been kicked out for plagairism.

Stillwater

Quote from: Old Doc on July 04, 2009, 09:52:06 AM
Yeah, the Brad Pitt movie was a real stinker. I should have known better.

Most people here will probably agree with us on that...

Hated The Missouri Breaks. probably a good movie spoiled by Brando's self-indulgence.

Another movie we agree on. The missouri breaks could have really be a good movie, if Brando would have just been left out of the cast. I have never been a fan of Marlon Brando...

The only cowboy movie I ever walked out on was Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid. Maybe I was just in a bad mood that night but it was like watching grass grow.

I walked out within thirty minutes of the start, of that movie. Strange thing about the Christopherson "Pat Garret and Billy the Kid" movie, it was directed by Sam Peckinpah, who directed one of my all time favorite movies, "The Wild Bunch." I wonder what could have happened? Maybe Peckinpah was spending too much time looking at Rita Cooledge. She divorced Christopherson, right after that mopvie.

Christopherson was on a local PBS channel this afternoon, singing, if it can be called that. Christopherson can write really some good songs, but damn, does he ever sound bad when he sings...! Christopherson's singing, sounds like the mating call of a love sick Yak... I switched the channel.

Also not a big fan of Maverick which is now all over the Westerns Channel. Love Jim Garner, particularly Rockford but Maverick was just a bit too cute. I am developing a taste for Cheyenne, however.

Cutsie-pie westerns just don't cut it do they?

Bill

Old Doc

Quote from: Stillwater on July 27, 2009, 01:39:07 AM
Most people here will probably agree with us on that...

Another movie we agree on. The missouri breaks could have really be a good movie, if Brando would have just been left out of the cast. I have never been a fan of Marlon Brando...

I walked out within thirty minutes of the start, of that movie. Strange thing about the Christopherson "Pat Garret and Billy the Kid" movie, it was directed by Sam Peckinpah, who directed one of my all time favorite movies, "The Wild Bunch." I wonder what could have happened? Maybe Peckinpah was spending too much time looking at Rita Cooledge. She divorced Christopherson, right after that mopvie.

Christopherson was on a local PBS channel this afternoon, singing, if it can be called that. Christopherson can write really some good songs, but damn, does he ever sound bad when he sings...! Christopherson's singing, sounds like the mating call of a love sick Yak... I switched the channel.

Cutsie-pie westerns just don't cut it do they?

Bill

Bill, I think you and I need to grab some beers and watch a few westerns together. We seem to have similar tastes.
Doc

Harley Starr

Quote from: Skeeter Lewis on July 18, 2009, 04:01:04 PM
Personally, I thought Silverado was hopeless. Boring and inauthentic.

Well Skeeter, I share the same gripe about it not being authentic, but I've been rather fond of Silverado since my childhood.

But then again it is geared toward family. And that can be trying for some of us who desire a bit more grit in our westerns.

Myself included.  :D

A work in progress.

Drayton Calhoun

How about this one...Grim Prairie Tales. Western/horror anthology. Sort of a 'Grindhouse' for the Old West. LAME
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

mestiza letty

Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com