How 'bout this..."least favorite Western"...

Started by Stophel, October 13, 2007, 09:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Stophel

I've never been able to bring myself to watch "The Quick and the Dead" (the newer one).  Sharon Stone as a gunfighter?  I don't think so.  Now, I do like the old Louis L'amour "The Quick and the Dead" with Sam Elliott, though the guy that played Kate Capshaw's husband was pretty irritating...
The quickest reload is a second gun!

www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Flintlocks                                                                                       
Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

Marshal Deadwood

That horried Brad Pitt , Jesse James movie....ugggg

Stophel

Mike, that's another one I think I'll pass on seeing!

;)

Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

Leo Tanner

I've had that Jesse James movie sittin on the TV for a week now and have never samuch as opened the cover.  Borrowed it from a friend figgurin I had nothin to lose.  Then I realized that 2 hours of my life IS somethin to lose.  I'm curious but jus keep findin better things to do.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Leo Tanner

OK
     Curiousity killed the cat.  First time around with the Jesse movie I didn't lose anything as I gained 2 hours of good sleep on the couch.  Next mornin the wife wanted to try it again...what a lemon  :(  The only good part was the very end but they didn't spend no time developin the character that shot Bob Ford.  I imagine some scenes were filmed but cut due to the fact that the movie was released at 2 an a half hours as it was.
     Any insomniacs out there can throw away the pills an jus get a copy of this movie (IMHO).

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Stophel

I have heard people describe it as a movie that was made to attempt to win Academy awards, it was not made to be a good movie.  They say it is kind of "actor-centric" and every scene is a long, drawn out opportunity for each of the players to overact...

Leo Tanner

"And for Most Annoying Portrayal of a historical figure, the Oscar goes to (envelope please).......

Casey Affleck!!!"

Roland Deschain

Top Kick Ken

I tried to force my way through a stinker called "Shioh Falls" ...another Western meets Horror/Sci-Fi Flick. 

As soon as the good guys and bad guys teamed up together to fight the "Greater Evil" I couldn't go any further.   

If I could find the receipt I'd take it back, since I cant...it will go in the trash.
Respectfully Submitted,

Top Kick Ken
Sergeant Major, Department of the Pacific
Grand Army of the Frontier

GAF #71
BOLD #943
SASS #47880L

Capt, Woodrow F. Call

I had a bad evening last Monday........... >:( 
I looked at some movie, actualy 2 movies........... DUST and Lt: BlueBerry  this two movies are 'pos'

The producer most have smoke somthing or worse, when he make this movie Lt Blueberry :o.... i feel bad in my stomack for 2 day's :-[ kind of seasick :P

DUST........ not recomand it at all........ it's no western, it is some Cossack's in Europa how trye to play cowboys.......uugghhh :P

But i have been looking at the Centennial complete series, and i feeling better now  ;D it is a great movie.
SWS # 1014
Grenland Gunslingers # 0001
Cowboy Mounted Shooters Norway #005
'The Cowboys' Trail Riding Society of Telemark 2009. # 003
Member of The Chuckwagon society, Sweden.

Trinity

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

Ya know of all the hours of ma life I've spent watchin movies, never seen a Trinity movie.  Never even heard of em til I came ta CAS city.  I'm curous now.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Trinity

What must be kept in mind is that they are a comedy first, a western second. ;D  Above all, they're classic Spaghetti, which is not so popular among the majority of Americans. :-\

Hill and Spencer did many movies together and in their comedies, they always played characters similar to Trinity and Bambino.  The team were wildly popular in Europe, but the only movies they were most famous for in the States are the two Trinity movies.  They did only a few other westerns, both as individuals and together, but those weren't comedies and weren't very good.

God Forgives, I don't  (1967)
Ace High  (1968)
Boot Hill  (1969)

In the 1990s, Hill played the character of "Lucky Luke", based on a comic book series popular in Europe. 

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Leo Tanner

I'll look fer 'em in the video store we got that has just about everything.  I like the title of the first one ya mentioned ;D
     None of the sattalite channels I get that show westerns seem ta have a copy of any of em.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Trinity

The Spaghettis certainly had interesting titles.  This is not a complete list, but you can check them out here:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/English_Titles

Also, they were released and re-released, sometimes under different titles.  One that is not on that list is Lee Van Cleef's "Bad Man's River".  I own that and later bought "Hunt the Man Down" only to find that they are the same movie.  ...And I didn't like it much the first time around. ::)

Back to topic, I just remembered another really bad one.

Captain Apache  --  It was bad, but to add insult to injury, Van Cleef "sang" the theme song in the style of William Shatner. :o :o

Harley Starr

Quote from: Tubac on October 17, 2007, 09:39:57 PM
Gents,
On the religious topic. The pistol in 3:10 to Yuma with the Crucifix from a Rosary in the grip seems really over the top.
Say what you want but Arizona was very Protestant until the Mexican revolution.

Tubac
Lest we forget, Ben Wade was AN OUTLAW, and he didn't give a nickel what people thought about the crucifix inlay. One thing I've noticed watching this movie, is that alot of the people killed by Ben Wade and his gang weren't always good. I think the message that Ben Wade was trying to convey with this gun was this; One doesn't need to be an outlaw to be corrupt.
A work in progress.

swordboy

any one know when to expect 3:10 on the movie chanels ...... aint't seen it yet
the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

Leo Tanner

Good question.  TMC has been showing the original 1957 version quite a bit, but I haven't seen anything about the new one being played.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Lefty Newhall

James Caan and Stephanie Powers. Gone with the West. I cringe just typing it.

Lefty

Leo Tanner

TOP OF THE WORST EVER LIST

Dead Man's Bounty
     Can't even bring maself ta type a review, cause then I'd have ta relive the horrible experience of watching it.  Not bearable.

Leo

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com