Model 1873 Uberti Rifle Question

Started by Schofield, October 07, 2007, 09:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panhead pete

I tried to connect the two as well as I could!!

J.D. Yellowhammer

Sounds like a mighty nice bike.  I sorta went the other direction--built a softail-style bike with a Kendall Johnson 124 c.i. engine, lots of high performance parts.  I love the bike and it's fast, very fast, but I've had a lot of issues with it (example--the torque and vibration has played hell with loosening bolts, cracking the gas tank, etc).
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Ace Lungger

Howdy Pards,
Thanks for the great post on the 73, because I read somewhere, and can't find the post, they stated that the 73 was the smoothest factory action of all the reproduction Cowboy Rifles. I have only started in this sport a few months ago, been thinking about it for a couple years! Been fighting with ins. company with my bad back (all the Doc's I have been to tell me it is shot), so as I started getting my guns, I wanted a 66, but didn't have that much funds! Got a heck of a deal from a dealer I have delt with for 30 years, bought a brand new Big Boy, it is a nice gun, but it aint no REAL HENRY!!
  So now that I have faced the facts that I can't never ride my old Shovel Head anymore, I have a Bud that has wanted it for the last 2 years, I made him a heck of a deal and I quess I will let her Go  :'( >:( :'( >:( and thought if I got to let her go I desire a new rifle, and I looking hard at the 73's in 45LC.
  Thanks to all that posted on this topic!
Ace
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Pitspitr

I have a 20" Uberti '73 in .45lc and I love it. In fact, maybe I should have said "I HAD" one. My son has just started WAS with me and he likes it so well that he has claimed it. ::) We've never had any problems with it.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com