Hartford Armory?

Started by Stophel, October 04, 2007, 10:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stophel

Does anyone actually have one of the Hartford Armory 1875's (or 1890's)?  Do any really exist?  Are they really available?  I have read some not-too-inspiring reports on the company's possible future. 

I am serously wanting an 1875 (actually, I want a pair of them in a double crossdraw rig!), and, of course, I would like the finest quality available (though there's no way I could actually afford it!!! :o)

The quickest reload is a second gun!

www.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Fatdutchman/Flintlocks                                                                                       
Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

Trap

The Uberti's Are very good though not EXACT repros. There is a rumor that USFA is going to make one. I know of one who has a pr of Hartfords, He didn't get what he ordered and has had trouble with them.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Deadeye Don

The Hartford Armory did make remington clones and they were reportedly fine guns.  They are NOT making them now.  Taylors had them up on their webiste up until recently but finally took them off when they realized that Hartford would not be making them again.  They might be available on the used market, but I suspect most people who have one will be holding on to it.   The good news is that USFA will be making Remingtons under a contract with Remington and they will be available within a year or so.   Regards.  Deadeye.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Deadeye Don

Trap,  Are you talking about a Uberti made remington clones?   I think the question was about the Hartford Armory remington clones.   

Stophel

The Hartford Armory website still shows the Remington revolvers (along with some really overpriced "Kentucky rifles" ;D )

I have kind of convinced myself to get the Uberti/EMF 1875's.  I think they're like $400 or so each, so a pair of them will cost not much more than my new S&W Model 22 did!  It'll be a while before I get around to getting them, though...

Ich bin der Weg, und die Wahrheit, und das Leben, niemand kommt zur Vater denn durch mich.  Johannes 14:6

Deadeye Don

If you look at who the exclusive distributor of the Hartford Armory Remingtons is you will see they list Taylors.  Taylors no longer advertizes them.   That should tell you alot about whether or not Hartford Armory is really making them now.    Uberti makes a fine remington clone for the money.  I have one and like it.  I will likely also buy a USFA Remington when they come out. 

Books OToole

Quote from: Deadeye Don on October 04, 2007, 10:42:23 AM
Trap,  Are you talking about a Uberti made remington clones?   I think the question was about the Hartford Armory remington clones.   

I think Trap was being subtle.  The Hartford armory Remingtons are nice;  but they aren't four times better that a Ubertit copy.
And they are about four times more money.

Between the two of us (Trap & I) we have about a dozen Remington copies, both Pietta and Uberti.  And we have not had near the problems as the man he mentioned with the Hartford.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Marshal Will Wingam

I had a pair of Hartford Armory 1875's. They weren't worth the money spent. I had to fix a lot of factory screw-ups to make them work right. By the time I had them fixed I was so fed up I didn't like looking at them so I sold them. I'll wait until USFA has them available and pick up theirs. If you want one or two now, buy the Uberti made one(s) and start shooting. They should be good pistols.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Deadeye Don

Interesting.  That is the first time I heard of anyone having problems with the Hartford Armory made Remington clones.   Since they arent making them anymore I guess it is a moot point.   I will wait for the USFA made ones too and in the meantime shoot my Uberti made Remington clone.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Pards

Hartford stopped making the Remington 1875 two years ago..... :o :(

TEN WOLVES FIVE SHOOTER  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Razorback Joe

Hi Stophel

I know it's very late to reply  :-[ but was out of states and was out of touch  :'(

I have pair of the Hartford Remington 1875s.  I'll will never part with them.  It's my main pistol!! 

Had very EXCELLENT luck with then ;D

Razorback Joe

Stophel

They seem to have been a hit-or-miss sort of thing.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Stophel on October 24, 2007, 12:50:03 PM
They seem to have been a hit-or-miss sort of thing.

Unfortunately, that seems to be EXACTLY true.  The ones I saw and read about were AT LEAST as good as anything I've seen from Colt.  I had HIGH hopes, but alas, production must have brought too many expensive challenges.

Such a shame ...
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

sixgunshorty

I have a pair of Hartford Armory 1875  7 1/2" Remingtons in 44-40 with factory fitted 44/mag/44spl cylinders as well(very rare)..all blue with cased appointments:hammer, loading gate, etc.Consecutive serial #'s 44 and 45, with wood display boxes for pistols and spare cylinders.
Mine just might be for sale...My Colts are jealous! The HA's are truly stunning and the workmanship is flawless.. identical to original 75's in every way ...

Let ya know if i decide to part with them...they are like new..shot once only! They will not be cheap.
Sixgun Shorty
rsmhd_1@charter.net
SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

sixgunshorty

Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on October 26, 2007, 10:31:28 AM
Unfortunately, that seems to be EXACTLY true.  The ones I saw and read about were AT LEAST as good as anything I've seen from Colt.  I had HIGH hopes, but alas, production must have brought too many expensive challenges.

Such a shame ...

My understanding is that Hartford Armory had to cease production of the Remmies due to increased  commitments to military  contracts due to the Iraqi War
The few guns they did produce are outstanding and extremely well made
SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com