Who Killed Pat Garrett?

Started by Capt. Hamp Cox, December 03, 2004, 09:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Hamp Cox

Which of the following suspects do you think dropped the hammer (twice) on Pat, and what was his motive?

Wayne Brazel

Carl Adamson

W.W. Cox

Print Rhode

Jim (Killer) Miller

Other

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

Not really sure, but he was a low down scoundral.  Why do I know that?  Cause Pat was shot in the back while he was peein'. :o :o :o
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Will Ketchum

I always felt that Miller was the most likely candidate.  But many knowledgeable people feel it was Brazel.

I know I didn't do it.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Standpat Steve

Me thinks that Will Ketchum doth protest too much ::)

Can anybody account for his whereabouts that day?
Standpat Steve, SASS #113, NCOWS #1468

Capt. Hamp Cox

The following is from Pat Garrett, The Story of a Western Lawman by Leon C. Metz

"...Dr. Fields testified to finding Garrett's body in a six-inch sand drift about four miles from town.  He swore that Garrett had no driving glove on his left hand, that his trousers were unbuttoned, and  that he was obviously urinating when death came.  Two .45-caliber slugs had killed him, the first crashing through the back of his head, driving strands of gray hair into the brain before exiting and tearing away the right eyebrow.*  The second slug struck Garrett in the stomach and ranged upward into the shoulder, an unusual trajectory that came about only because Garrett was alreadly prone on the ground from the first shot.  Fields called the slaying "murder" in "cold blood and in the first degree."

*Metz' footnote:  "Since the bullet that went through Garrett's head was not recovered, Dr. Fields could not possibly know for certain that Garrett was shot twice with .45-caliber bullets.  He must have assumed, upon recovery of the slug from the shoulder, that both wounds were made with the same weapon.  He must have noted also that the condition of the head wound resembled one made by a .45-caliber revolver."

Guess it's ok to use "urinating" since the Deputy Moderator can post "poop".

Will Ketchum

Interesting, Garrett was a left hand pee-er ::)

No I wasn't anywhere near there when Garrett was shot!

Will Ketchum
Madison, WI

Sergeant Smokepole

Will,
Are you sure that you can go on the lie box and pass the Whiz Quiz??????????????? :D

Delmonico

The left hand thing makes sense, I belive Pat was right handed.  Until recent times and a sink in every bathroom (or at least most) you were expected to do yer bussiness with yer left hand and shake hands, eat or what ever with yer right. 

That is why in Muslium countrys the right hand of a theif is cut off.  You are then no longer allowed to eat with polite company, cause ya got to eat with yer wipin' hand.

Pehaps that is one of the old time mannerisms that has been lost.  Perhaps every one knew that, but it has been forgotten over time.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Will Ketchum

Sarge, you bring me a 19th century box and I'll swear on it :)

Besides it's One Shot, One Kill

Will Ketchum
Madison, WI

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Capt. Hamp Cox on December 19, 2004, 09:36:12 AM
Guess it's ok to use "urinating" since the Deputy Moderator can post "poop".
Nope, I can't say p**p. That is reserved for Delmonico.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Pukin Dog

"Puking Dog" Danlbach

Soot Lord Junior Grade
Semi-Warthog

Wymore Wrangler

Back shot????  Sounds like a Pinkerton to me, now what was Will's alibi again???? 8) 8) 8)
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Delmonico

Sorry logic says Will didn't do it.  There were no warrents or rewards for Pat at the time.  If there were then a Pinkerton might have shot him, but he would have hauled the body to town and got posative proof that it was Pat before allowing the body to be buried.  He would have then collected the reward.  Sorry folks ya all need ta go watch yer cops and robber shows some more and find out how ta investagate a crime properly.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Uncle Eph

here is the way I see it, the wind was blowing and the dust was flying and Pat stopped to lighten his bladder and did not see the feller layin' there takeing a nap and the guy on the ground got really upset over the shower and pulled his pistol and let Pat have it in the belly then jumped up and gave him a mercy shot to the head.

that's my story and I am sticking to it. ;D
WARTHOG, GAF #364, SASS #53354, BOLD #549, SBSS #1483, STORM #5, NRA, CRSO, ASSRA, SDOP, SUV, GOFWG #19, 7-7-79 SNL WINNER

Delmonico

That does make sense, Pat was said to be quite a drunk by then and drunks don't care where they pee.  Makes as much sense as anything else havin' to do with goats. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Standpat Steve

Not only does that make sense, but I have to notice Will Ketchum didn't immediately deny it, either . . . ;)
Standpat Steve, SASS #113, NCOWS #1468

Will Ketchum

Well thanks for the vote of confidence Del, but if someone were to put up the money it might have been considered.  That's why I think miller did it.  It was definitely his MO.

Wy, if a man need killing it don't matter which way he's facing. 

Will Ketchum
Madison, WI

Delmonico

I think Frank Hamer said sumthin' like that, right after him and some other fellas shot up on of Henry Fords 1934 model cars somewhere down in Loosyana.  Woops out a the time period. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Will Ketchum

Del, the Marines taught me that years ago.  It's kind of my motto when it comes to man killin.

Will Ketchum
Madison, WI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com