New NCOWS Video Project

Started by Ottawa Creek Bill, August 30, 2007, 02:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottawa Creek Bill

As some of you probably know I was trained as a Motion Picture (Cinematographer) by the US Army. During the Vietnam War I was a combat photographer that did work for the US Army & US Air Force. Off an on in my adult life I've owned cameras all the way from 16mm to the big Mitchell 35's and I've also made some good friends at the History Channel.

So...my wife and I have bought a new very expensive HD Video camera, equipment..and the editing programs needed to do a professional editing job, I've even bought plans to build my own Glidecam (steadycam).

We plan to visit each NCOWS posse's two or three day shoot and the National shoot next year, shoot the required video, edit a completed product and present it to the History channel.

So...I hope you all are not shy about doing interviews and will have your best historically correct duds on and make us welcome......this should be fun.

The proposed working title will be something like "How the Old West Wasn't" a comprehensive look at CAS, the fastist growing shooting sport in the country and a Historic look at the Old West.

This will only involve NCOWS.......So...any suggestions or comments from NCOWS members of what you would like to see in this video would be welcome. E-mail me at bill@surf-ici.com.

I'll be sending more information to the "Shootist" in the near future so please watch for it.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Irish Dave

Sounds great, Bill.

Really looking forward to the finished product -- portraying NCOWS in a positive, accurate light and helping to dispell some of the old "stereotypes" about the outfit.

I know you'll do a super job.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Steel Horse Bailey

WOW!!!

When do you have time to sleep?

;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com