SMVS Inaugural shoot, Saturday Sept. 22nd. 2007

Started by Ottawa Creek Bill, August 29, 2007, 09:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottawa Creek Bill

The Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society will hold its inaugural shoot Saturday September 22nd. Come prepared to shoot four or five stages, a rilfe woods walk (10 targets one round per target) and a long range match in the afternoon. The rifle woods walk will be shot from a dry creek bed through moderately heavy timber. Steel targets will range from 40 to 80 (?) yards, no timer......good practice for deer hunting.

We will have a safety talk at 9:00am, shooting will start promptly at 9:30am. We will break for lunch at 12:00 noon. Lunch & soft drinks will be provided.... For more information and directions go to the NCOWS web site or, the Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co web page for directions to the range.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Vernon/IN

Sounds good, I look forward to our first shoot.

Vernon
Hirams Rangers #14
NCOWS # 527
The American Plainsman Society
AZSA #83L
NRA
NMLRA
WartHog
Soot Lord
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)

Deadeye Don

Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

Trap

Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

gw

Unfortunately, due to a prior committment  at GLF&M Co. that same weekend, I won't be able to attend.
I am sure it will be a great time and I wish OCB and all the posse a fantastic shoot and enjoyable time. Hopefully  when the weather cools some we can work on clearing out the long range area.
NCOWS 1437-Territorial Representative  -Great Lakes Freight and Mining Co.- NCOWS Representative and Delegate to the Executive Board
SASS 5847 Life
NMLRA
NRA Life
MIAMI RIFLE CLUB Life
QUIGLEY SHOOTER Lifer

Deadeye Don

GW,   You will be missed.  Hope to see you at the 2nd shoot!

Shotgun Steve

I sure would like to join the SMVS and attend OCB. But it is a long trip for me.
Maybe I will make a shoot in the future.

Shotgun Steve
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

Ottawa Creek Bill

We're going to be doing some bush hogging and clearing around the shooting stages Tuesday Sept. the 4th. If anyone wants to come down and give us a hand meet us at the range around 10:00am.

I'm bringing my 40 horse diesel tractor with a five foot bush hog, it will make short work of bush hogging.

GW.....
I know how prior commitments work..we'll get you next time.

Shotgun....
You're still welcome to join....With our membership you get access and use of the 25 acre facility for camping/deer hunting or maybe a 18th century woods walk. You can go to the NCOWS web page to find out about membership details.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Lone Gunman

It's been a long time since we've had an article in The Shootist about how a posse came together, built their targets, had their first shoot, etc. Hint - Hint   ;)    And don't forget, folks like lots of pictures.
George "Lone Gunman" Warnick

"...A man of notoriously vicious & intemperate disposition"

Halfway Creek Charlie

OCB,
Wish I could join you folks but it's a fer piece from So. CAL. but I WILL make your shoot someday in the near future. The 22nd is our CAS shoot and yearly barbecue afterwards and our anual auction for the SASS Scholarship Fund.

However I have been talking about NCOWS and I have a few pards and pardettes interested and we will be looking into forming a posse here soon.

I want to come and shoot my 44 Henry Flat rifle with you and my newly acquired 44 Henry R.F. Rogers & Spencer Conversion. I have a pard that has a bunch of the Dixie Gun Works 44 Henry brass that uses the 22 blanks for a primer. This is the only R.F. conversion I have ever seen(in 35 years of collecting) that uses a firing pin to fire the rim fire cartridges. Pretty neat and professional conversion. Pistola appears to have been used in the Mexican Revolution. It came from Del Rio TX originally and has been in a private collection forthe last several years.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Halfway Creek Charlie on August 30, 2007, 01:02:57 PM
OCB,
Wish I could join you folks but it's a fer piece from So. CAL. but I WILL make your shoot someday in the near future. The 22nd is our CAS shoot and yearly barbecue afterwards and our anual auction for the SASS Scholarship Fund.

However I have been talking about NCOWS and I have a few pards and pardettes interested and we will be looking into forming a posse here soon.

I want to come and shoot my 44 Henry Flat rifle with you and my newly acquired 44 Henry R.F. Rogers & Spencer Conversion. I have a pard that has a bunch of the Dixie Gun Works 44 Henry brass that uses the 22 blanks for a primer. This is the only R.F. conversion I have ever seen(in 35 years of collecting) that uses a firing pin to fire the rim fire cartridges. Pretty neat and professional conversion. Pistola appears to have been used in the Mexican Revolution. It came from Del Rio TX originally and has been in a private collection forthe last several years.

You should come to the Eastern Regional in October.  You will meet alot of the pards there that will be shooting with the TSMVS. 

Rowdy Fulcher

Dear OCB
Good luck with your shoot . Hope to see you at the Eastern Regional ? Do you think I should leave the smokeless at home ? Are you going to have an Originals class .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com