VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

Congrats to your daughter PR, we are all proud of them both.
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all by smokey pards.  My God bless you, your families and the United States of America. 

YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Wildcat Will

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Today I'll be winterizing the trailer, getting Santa's workshop for the grandkids in full swing and see how much I can get reloaded.  Tomorrow I will make smokey. Had planned on go to the property but with highs around 40 this weekend the wife decided to pass this time.  Gives me a chance to meeting with my fellow cowboys and cowgirls to make some holiday smoke.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Pony Racer

Godbless us everyone!

Cardinal and I will be back on the shooting trail for both Pungo and the Mattaponi Christmas shoots!

YEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Pony Racer

Congratulations to the orginal "Pony racer" in my family. My daughter - Katie Balding for finishing out the year in 7th place in VHSA Associate Pony Equitation and 6th place for VHSA Associate Equitation on the flat 14 & Under.

Wahooooooooooo Yehawwwwwwwwwww

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Lucky Irish Tom

That's an incredible accomplishment for the young lady PR. Congratulations!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Pony Racer

Dang I need to get some shooting in! :D

There is not even a hint of bp, bp lube or balistol smell in my truck ;D!

That is just wrong... ;)

Hope to shoot with ya'll soon.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Major E A Sterner

Hey Y'all.Im working on a trade for a TTN SxS hammer gun and would like a good Big boomin,smoke makin,fireball blastin 12 gauge load.I'll be using Federal paper hulls.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Wildcat Will

Major Ya might want to try 75gn FFg.  It has been known to get a little attention with my 12s.

Major E A Sterner

Will, what wad and how much shot? Thanks
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Wildcat Will

Major I should make a correction to my last post.  I've dropped my powder load a touch and I'm using MagTec brass shells.   My recent load is as follows. 

70 gn ffg
1/8 in nitro card (11g)
1/2 in pre lubed cushion (11g)
5.3 cc of #8 shot (very close to square)
overshot card (11g)
hot glue gun to seal the overshot card

I've not had any problems with smoke, fire, BOOOOM or Stink and the targets generally cooperate and fall down. 

Hope this helps.

Pony Racer

Will sometimes the targets even flip over in joy! ;D

Major - Will's loads will never ever let you down.

The glue gun glue is highly recommended - it drys in less than 30 minutes and stays a solid rubbery consistency in cold weather and hot weather.

I have tried many other types of glue and the issue always seemed to be that in really cold or hot weather the other glues sometimes lose their seal.

The glue gun glue is used by so many re-enactors in Manassas area that when I was shopping for a glue gun with large amounts of glue gun glue the ladies in Michaels craft store had a good idea what I was already interested in them for! ;D

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Major E A Sterner

Ok, Thanks Will and PR,that gives me a place to start
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

litl rooster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on November 30, 2012, 05:00:21 AM
Major I should make a correction to my last post.  I've dropped my powder load a touch and I'm using MagTec brass shells.   My recent load is as follows.  

70 gn ffg
1/8 in nitro card (11g)
1/2 in pre lubed cushion (11g)
5.3 cc of #8 shot (very close to square)
overshot card (11g)
hot glue gun to seal the overshot card

I've not had any problems with smoke, fire, BOOOOM or Stink and the targets generally cooperate and fall down.  

Hope this helps.

Quote from: Pony Racer on November 30, 2012, 07:25:37 AM
Will sometimes the targets even flip over in joy! ;D
PR

Some times targets in West Virginia fall from the shockwave :o

I take it you have the Federal Paper Hulls? I roll crimp those with a top card. However I trim most of the old crimp off of them. I use 65 grains of powder and every thing else is the same as above, just depends if they are for me or the Redheaded lady. can't tell the difference between 65 and 70 grains of powder, other than I get an extra round per pound.
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

Toys for Tots match this saturday at Sussex - Pungo Posse!

A great shoot with an added bonus of an awesome charity!

Cardinal Wind and I will be there! 8)

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

Weather still looks good for Saturday in Waverly.  I think I'll bring Burtha with me.  She aint beltched recently.  A good time will be had by all.    ;D

Pony Racer

Wahoooooooooo we will be there too!

Sarah's cut down rifle was picked up this week.

She is going to try it during the lunch break and then see if we shoot rifle too on last three stages.

It looked and felt like a good fit at the Gun shop!

Goosefoot, I will have your powder with me!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Major E A Sterner

Thanks a lot LR,I want a pair of those and you have to show them on sale when I have no gun money... :( :(
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com