VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

Quote from: Sod Buster on October 04, 2012, 02:36:14 PM
Same here.  I usually take 6-7 cans of FFg.  I got plenty of everything else for a while.

I'll try and get up there on monday then, unless PR wants to deal with Graf.

I've been getting Schutezen from Jackie any objections?
Mathew 5.9

litl rooster

Hey pards I don't know where you get them or what kind of percussion caps all of you use. Today I stopped at the extremely over priced gun store 6 miles West of me in Opal Va.. 100 pack of the Dynamite Nobel's RWS 1075's were $9.95 Yes 9.95. When I call  Winchester I will check and see what he has available, if any of you are interested let me know. The last bunch of caps I bought were around 4 bucks a hundred from the same place. Their prices are just too damn high >:(
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

Quote from: litl rooster on October 03, 2012, 10:38:00 PM

You might want to try avoiding the I495 area

Should have taken your advice.  Wasn't terrible but the construction made it a bit confusing.  On the way back the traffic was better but had three back ups because of stuff off on the side of the road and everyone thought it was fun to look at. 

Match wasn't quite the same this year.  The scenarios were a bit confusing and there were some calls I'm not sure I agree with.  As I understand it there has been a change in the leadership.  Not sure if things will settle down next year.  Must have to give going up next year some real thought.  Maybe I'll stay back and run or help run the match at Waverly next time. 

As for the powder order, Goosefoot says he is good with powder but can help to fill out a case.  What is the plan; one or two cases?
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Wildcat Will

Because Mason Dixon is only 10 not 12 stages I was able to use the 10g not the 12g all match.  One of the stages had us standing by a concrete block wall to shoot the shotgun.  When Big Bertha let loose with the first barrel, I could see the RO running away.  Apparently the shockwave was significant coming off the wall.   ;D  The berm marshal was considering doing an inspection of wall to see if it was going to need repair.   :o ::) ;D  Guess I had her loaded right.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

litl rooster

Unless PR speaks up or LIT I have enough to get a case ordered.  I will call him in the morning. Theres a local guy I met thru Gunslingersgulch who is interested in some, so it fills out a case I think.

Sorry about the Match.

I don't travel the I495 I95 area on a regular basis's. I had too twice this past week. I would just as soon everyone here at Cascity pistol whip me than drive that mess. Gub'mint leaders should be proud of that mess.

It's good to  know you have the proper load for the 10ga ;D
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

I could use 5-7 lbs!

Scheutzen or Diamondback are fine by me.

The guy in Winchester sells the RWS caps by the 1,000 pack - $60.00 for 1,000 ct -  $6.00 per 100 cap container.

PR

GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

litl rooster

going to call him today. Might head in there after I go by the Mechanics place.
Mathew 5.9

litl rooster

N-SSA fall meet was this past weekend. Many still leaving the Fort this morning. Caps were cheaper but not on hand. Had some CCI wasn't interested in them. I have a case of FFg Schutezen in the jeep. 14.00 per pound. Had a great drive thur the old haunts and into Apple country.

I will be available Sunday if there is a match at West Point I would go there. Saturday I could meet but have time restrictions because of work.
If not the weekend after will work also.

Mathew 5.9

Sod Buster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on October 07, 2012, 06:03:35 AM
When Big Bertha let loose with the first barrel, I could see the RO running away.  Apparently the shockwave was significant coming off the wall.   ;D  The berm marshal was considering doing an inspection of wall to see if it was going to need repair.   :o ::) ;D  Guess I had her loaded right.

I'm right proud of ya, WW!  ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Wildcat Will

Why thank you SB.  Sorry you couldn't make it.  Had a pretty good time but could have used some more smoke on the posse.  With you and PR not there it was left up to me and Potter to smoke up the place.  We did what we could.

Pony Racer

It killed me to be so close in Culpeper Va - but I had horse show duties.

Eldest daughter did place 1 and 2nd in her divisions.

I have horse show duties saturday but sunday is open!

I won't be shooting sunday but could meet you near West Point LR to pick up some powder!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

Your daughter has taken to the saddle pretty good. Congradulations to her.
Mathew 5.9

Lucky Irish Tom

Congrats to the daughter on the win PR.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Wildcat Will

PR congrats to the daughter on the riding skills and successes.  I don't know how much powder was set aside for me (I was going to take what was necessary to fill out a case), would you pick mine up when you get yours please.  I can swing by next week and pick it up from you.

LIT, SB, and LR I still have your shirts waiting for you when we get together again.  Are ya'll gonna be at Range Wars the weekend of the Oct 26?  I'll have them with me if you are. 

Pony Racer

I am going up to visit/hunt with friend in warrenton on friday.

I could pick up powder either thursday evening/night or on my way back to home mid friday afternoon

I am more than willing to split up powder left over just looking really for 3-5 cans.  I think that will hold me over until I find out where I go next.

WW - I could deliver LR's shirt(s) if LR can meet me.

What say ya'll?

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

goosefoot

pr if you got any extra powder, i could use up to 10 lbs of 2 f

goosefoot

Pony Racer

I only need 3 lbs. let me check with WW and we can split out rest.

I plan to pick up powder on friday but am not shooting at sussex saturday due to daddy duties at horse show in wakefield - I could make a run up to sussex sometime saturday to do delivery and then go back to horse show.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Pony Racer

Goosefoot does 5 lbs work for you?

That way WW gets 5 lbs and I get 3 (which is what I wanted).

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

goosefoot

pr  5 lbs is fine, more if you need to get rid of it. i'll take what i can get

thanks

goosefoot

litl rooster

guess I should have picked up a full 2 cases