Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sod Buster

That's right!
No pistol is truly happy unless it has a sibling to play with! ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Major E A Sterner

I have a brass framed version of the gun, but it needs work.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

litl rooster

Quote from: Major E A Sterner on February 20, 2012, 09:09:08 PM
I have a brass framed version of the gun, but it needs work.

kind of like me and mmy sibling
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

Having a little time on my hands, I've got a coffee can full of loaded lighter loads for the 45LC.  This doesn't count all the ammo cases of the Will loads.  Got a half a coffee can of primed new cases and getting ready to deprime and prime a couple hundred used cases.  Gonna havta size and lube some of the 800 rounds of purdy little 250 gn 45s so I kin do some loading agin soon.  

I'm gittin' awful itchy to load up and shoot them new C&Bs at the Waverly March match.  I'm thinking I'll havta let them play or they could git down right grumpy.   ;D
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Pony Racer

Pard i plan on shooting my R&S pistolas and my 1866 converted ruskkie 44 rifle!

Lets get Smokey, let out a big boom, make some fire and stink the place UP!!!

Wahooooooooooooo Yehawwwwwwww

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Sod Buster

WW & PR:

You shootin' this Saturday at West Point just next Saturday at Waverly?
I can't make it this Saturday but will try for Pungo next Saturday?

We can all shoot out C&B pistolas.  We might need an extra-long unloading table to accomiate the three of us loading our guns between stages.  :)

Pony Racer

They should seperate us by about 2 to 3 shooters and we can take over watching the unloading table from each other to be able to do our pistol loading.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

I'll only be going to the Waverly match.  When I set up the order I can keep us separated sufficiently.  I'm gonna try to put together a loading stand for the pistols.  Shouldn't be that hard and I have plenty of scrap wood in the shed.  If possible I make up three or four so if ya'll are interested you can have one.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Pony Racer

Thanks Will that would be great!  I had one once but i think is sold it with the navies and extra cylinder set-up I had some time ago.

SB - I will only be delivering cookies at West Point.  I need to haul my behind directly after delivering cookies up to Baltimore, Md for my daughter's big show that weekend.

She does well this weekend and she goes to the National Finals in Syracuse NY in April - in her first year eventing in this competition circuit no less - she is stoked!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

WW:
Sounds great!  I will be interested in seeing what you come up with.  If we all had wooden carts, we could build a reloading area at the top near the handles.  I have seen this done before.  Cactus Chris (on the SASS Wire) was selling carts he made for the C&B shooters a while ago.  Somewhere I have a picture of this.  Since we all have the Rugged Gear carts now (yes - I finally got one), I wonder if we could design & build a C&B reloading area to go at the top of the Rugged Gear carts?...something to ponder....

PR:
Good Luck this weekend to your daughter!

litl rooster

Quote from: Sod Buster on February 22, 2012, 12:41:32 PM
WW:
Sounds great!  I will be interested in seeing what you come up with.  If we all had wooden carts, we could build a reloading area at the top near the handles.  I have seen this done before.  Cactus Chris (on the SASS Wire) was selling carts he made for the C&B shooters a while ago.  Somewhere I have a picture of this.  Since we all have the Rugged Gear carts now (yes - I finally got one), I wonder if we could design & build a C&B reloading area to go at the top of the Rugged Gear carts?...something to ponder....

PR:
Good Luck this weekend to your daughter!

this one

Mathew 5.9

Major E A Sterner

Quick question ,The manual I got with the 58 Rem is saying to use 11 to 15 grains of FFg, that sounds a little light,I thought that 20 grains was the standard load.Any help would be appreciated.
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

litl rooster

36 cal 11to 15 would be somewhat light. ?15 to 17 grain.?

44 cal 15 to 24   I shoot Colts not Remingtons, I would thing the powder charge would be the same per caliber. I believe Sod Buster and Lucky Irish Tom both shoot Remmy's

Just watched the Bottom Dealin Mike Video he used a 20 grain spout on his pocket police. 36 cal
Mathew 5.9

Major E A Sterner

It's a .44,I'll have to try it out this weekend if they let me shoot BP at the range.
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

litl rooster

Quote from: Major E A Sterner on February 23, 2012, 01:21:37 PM
It's a .44,I'll have to try it out this weekend if they let me shoot BP at the range.

24 grains should be sufficent for the steel frame model the brass frame you may want to back down your charge. There are Remington and Colt specific powder flask if that helps
Mathew 5.9

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on February 23, 2012, 01:40:41 PM
24 grains should be sufficent for the steel frame model the brass frame you may want to back down your charge. There are Remington and Colt specific powder flask if that helps

I agree. 
I have a pair of Uberti Remington 1858 New Army Revolvers in 44.
The correct loading is 24 grains.  I also used the Remington specific powder flask.

Wildcat Will

Think I figured out this photo resizing thing.  Here are two shots of the loading stand I put together today for the 1860s.  I'll bring it to the March Waverly match and see how it works.  Thinking I may get a plastic box for the back for ball, patch and primers.

litl rooster

That's how I built mine. folds up nice and loads in the ammo box with other items I need for c&b.  I like the new pistol Wildcat

what's up with the clean organized work bench
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

WW - looks great!

I use the 24/25 grain spout for my Rogers and Spencer Revolvers and I like the boom and authority that the balls hit the target with.

You know i think you could easily setup a holder system for the BP stuff with the handle area of a rugged cart  like the wood one LR has but without some kind of folding leg it would be very hard I would think to use it as an actual loading stand.

Dang I am itching to put some lead down range...got my caps, got my balls, got my wads, got my flasks, my inline cappers, choice of south american, german or american holy black and two pistols yearning for a chnace to be heard once again.

Not to mention the converted 44 russkie 1866 that sat on a store shelf for a long time as a 44 special short rifle with no home and no boom, smoke, fire or stank...

I need to Shoot!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

no credit for the stand in picture, I am not sure if that was the one Sod Buster mentioned or not. I made a pistol stand like the one shown 5 or 6 years ago.  But I think it could be adapted to them fancy horseless carridges ya'll have been pushing. 

PR I need to smell some sulpher and walk thru the smoke and be reunited to clad of metal falling....unfortunately I have to work this weekend
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com