VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat Will

I ordered up and received a bunch of stuff from TOW.  I now have 500 .454 balls, 500 wonder wads and 25 .760 balls for the musket.  I went back out yesterday and ordered a snail capper, nibble wrench and 14 new steel Ampco nipples.  I figure having a couple of spares never hurts.  I've been out to the possibles shop a couple of times and cannot seem to have a hard time finding my way around.  I really want to get a powder flask with a 25 and a 30 grain spout.  PR  I really wasn't all that crazy about the type you had as the Feb match and would really rather get a flask looking one.  Some of the ones I've seen are reallly a bit expensive.  Think I also want to get a couple of spare cylinders for each gun.  I figure that way I can shoot three stages, load them back during lunch and then be ready to finish the match.  I really found that a bucket with warm soapy water really cleans them out. If I find I abel to soot March (should be able to) I would like to shoot C&Bs 
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Pony Racer

WW - I have two cylinders and one flask. I went ahead and got two 25 grain spouts to make sure they all spit out same amount of powder.

You can have my 30 grain spout that my flask came with.

The ted cash cylinder and the flask I got from possibles shop are much easier to use with the spings. I plan on taking other cylinder (the one I used at Sussex) to Nate and see if he can make it's operation a bit easier.

I got a good wrench too and picked up about same amount of balls and wads.

I have thought about the snail capper but will see how you like it before i buy more cappers.

It took a little getting used to with the Possibles shop website - not the easiest to navigate thats for sure.

I have thought about the hot soapy water since theat is how i use to clean my inline...

Looking forward to shooting them in matches and learning from all the C&B shooters...who knows I may just have to shoot them at Blue Ridge...

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Missouri Marshal

C&B....Tempting but there is no way I could do it with only one cylinder per gun.  I'm just too busy at the matches
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

MM I agree that shooting C&B with only one cylinder would be impossible at best with all the other stuff we end up doing.  I think if I could get three for each it would be do able.  I'm even thinking I could shoot the first half with the C&Bs and then the other half with the Vaquaros.  I guess I could still call my category FCGF.  I'll leave that up to the power's-to-be. 

PR the snail priming tools looked like they worked better.  I think I want to stay with the 25 gr load.  I think I found what I would like to get, now I just have to remember where I found it. 

Also still looking for the oversized musket primers for the old rifle.  I've got everything else.  Think is might be a great way to start a match, or during lunch. 

Hope to be making some SFB&S in March with the rest of my F&B posse pards.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Pony Racer

WW - if the guy in Winchester has them I can pick up for you.

I will be up that way last weekend in Feb.

He carries all kinds of stuff - in fact his prices on flasks seem pretty good...

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Lucky Irish Tom

Will, check Track of the Wolf they might have what you want in both cases.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

goosefoot

ww  i got 2 to 3 hundred musket caps you can have. when u gonna shoot again

goosefoot

Wildcat Will

Quote from: goosefoot on February 13, 2012, 07:04:09 PM
ww  i got 2 to 3 hundred musket caps you can have. when u gonna shoot again

goosefoot

Goosefoot you are the MAN.  I don't think I need that many but will be happy to take as many off your hands as you would like.  I'll probably not make it out to a match again until the March shoot at Waverly. 

Wildcat Will

Quote from: Pony Racer on February 13, 2012, 12:29:39 PM
WW - if the guy in Winchester has them I can pick up for you.

I will be up that way last weekend in Feb.

He carries all kinds of stuff - in fact his prices on flasks seem pretty good...

PR

PR I'll keep that in mind.  I'll keep looking for  what I want and if nothing shows up soon I'll let you know.

Pony Racer

Well the Mattaponi shoot will be the debut of my 1866 44 russian rifle (44 special short rifle converted to shoot 44 russian ammo), I can't wait to see it roar fire vice just cycling shells for function tests.  I will bring my trusty 38spl rifle just in case.

I am debating whether or not to bring the R&S guns - I think if it stays as mild weather wise as it has been - I will shoot my C&B pistolas but if weather gets cooler I may just stay with cartridge guns. Not sure I remember a time when all of my pistols were ready to go and in the safe FMC at one time; decisions, decisions...

I hope to send of an email on Girl Scout cookies today/latest tomorrow for all those posse members who ordered at last shoot - the cookies have arrived!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

We will require video by the evening news :D
Mathew 5.9

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on February 15, 2012, 12:57:23 PM
Well the Mattaponi shoot will be the debut of my 1866 44 russian rifle (44 special short rifle converted to shoot 44 russian ammo),

PR,
Snow is predicted for Sunday.  According to the app on my iPhone, West Point will be a high of 45 & low of 29 with a 70% chance of snow showers.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Pony Racer

Yeah, I have been following the weather since I posted.

What a bummer...was hoping it would stay mild and it does not appear that it will be mild at all.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Pony Racer

I am going to visit Nate on saturday - one of my R&S pistolas won't let the pin holding the cylinder come out.

I also need him to get the safety feature of Sarah's pink crickett to turn off.

I need to shoot up my french 11m ammo and then get those pistolas into his shop - but I have like 300-400 rounds so really need to find way to blow off that ammo before i do the 44 russian conversion.

Hope to shoot with some of ya'll sunday weather and temps willing...

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

I would think the 11mm ammo ought bring a premium price on the intraweb.
Mathew 5.9

Missouri Marshal

Quote from: Pony Racer on February 17, 2012, 09:05:50 AM
I am going to visit Nate on saturday - one of my R&S pistolas won't let the pin holding the cylinder come out.

I also need him to get the safety feature of Sarah's pink crickett to turn off.

I need to shoot up my french 11m ammo and then get those pistolas into his shop - but I have like 300-400 rounds so really need to find way to blow off that ammo before i do the 44 russian conversion.

Hope to shoot with some of ya'll sunday weather and temps willing...

PR

Ok, What is a Pink Crickett?
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Pony Racer

MM, There is a 22 bolt action kids rifle called the "cricket".

They are very light/small and made for kids to learn how to shoot with a gun made to their frame size.

It has a completely pink plastic/laminate stock - so I call it her "pink cricket".

It has a safety feature that I accidentally pressed and i don't have the special key to undo the safety feature - so I am going to have nate fix that.

Looks like the rain/snow event may not happen sunday but it will be a might windy...still hoping to shoot!:)
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

MM,

Check them out at:
http://www.crickett.com/

They have several "my first rifles" to choose from.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

litl rooster

Quote from: Sod Buster on February 17, 2012, 08:37:56 PM
MM,

Check them out at:
http://www.crickett.com/

They have several "my first rifles" to choose from.

Maybe when I grow up I can get one..

Has the forcast changed?.. I see PW and Fairfax have not pretreated the road with what ever metal eating substance they use.
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com