VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pony Racer

Yo the Posse

Katie B did awesome at her horse show.

On top of that even though there are only 3 kids in her middle school team (most others have 7 or more) her middle school team placed as reserve champions for saturday - wahoooooooooo.

Katie earned another 2nd and 1st in her classes and is set for going to regionals in both of her classes.

Go Katie B!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Pony Racer

Hey VA F&B Posse I am goin on a powder run this weekend.

I know myself, WW, Goosefoot and nutmegger would like some...anyone else?

Right now I am looking at getting Diamond back but could also get Scheutzen...

Let me know - I plan to put order in later today or tomorrow.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on January 23, 2012, 11:35:31 AM
Hey VA F&B Posse I am goin on a powder run this weekend.

I know myself, WW, Goosefoot and nutmegger would like some...anyone else?
Right now I am looking at getting Diamond back but could also get Scheutzen...
Let me know - I plan to put order in later today or tomorrow.

PR

Sign me up!
I prefer Scheutzen.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Pony Racer

SB picking up two cases od Diamond back this time around and setting up for a saturday late am noon time pick-up.

May have to visit the Apple House on the way back for sustenance!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

PR,
Thanks for the powder run!
Get some good eats at the Apple House if you can!  :)

Wildcat Will

Big mistake this morning.  Went out to EMF and was looking at the 1860 Sheriff.  Purrrrrdy.  A pair with the Kirst conversions would run about $1200.  Not sure I could convince the wife it was a necessary purchase.  They shur do look purdy though and the force is strong.

::) Maybe without the conversion.......huuuuummmmm   :o  oh my the force is very strong.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Pony Racer

And Nate can make them run great. Less work with the 44 C&B's since the barrels do not need any sleevingto shoot 45's  like the 36's do if you want to shoot 38spl.

He might ask you why you bought new C&B's to convert vice looking for a nicely used pair...since he and I have had that conversation twice!!!

I am already salivating at possible conversion of the Rogers Spencer...and that would be BP 45lc load!

WW - no peer pressure from me - BUT I LOVE MY CONVERSIONS!!!! ;D

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

If ya'll know of a place to look for some used ones PLEASE let me know. 

:o :o :o :o :o         The force is getting VERRRRRRRRRRRY strong!!!!   :o  :o  :o  :o   :o
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Sod Buster

What?!?
Wildcat Will might switch from his trusty Rugers?  :o
Who knows...if we all switch to Cap 'n' Ball (we don't need no stinkin' conversions) we could have a real blast!

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... :)

Wildcat Will

SB them open tops sure looked nice.  Cap and ball gunfighter.  Hmmmmmmmmmm    It is starting to get crowded in the FCGF.  Maybe it is time to move to Frontiersman GF   ;D

litl rooster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on January 26, 2012, 09:35:32 PM
SB them open tops sure looked nice.  Cap and ball gunfighter.  Hmmmmmmmmmm    It is starting to get crowded in the FCGF.  Maybe it is time to move to Frontiersman GF   ;D

I can't imagine you shooting in Cap n Ball that's not cannon sized. Maybe like a Hotchkiss
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

LR  I can get the Sheriff model in 44.  Heck that's only .01 from my 45s.   ;D

Lucky Irish Tom

I see WW with a pair of Walkers in his hands, only way he can get enough powder in a pistol to get a sufficient BOOM!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Lucky Irish Tom

I hope to be at Waverly next Saturday WW, you can try my 1860's iffen ya want. I'm hoping to give them a good break in for the match.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Sod Buster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on January 27, 2012, 05:13:17 PM
I see WW with a pair of Walkers in his hands, only way he can get enough powder in a pistol to get a sufficient BOOM!

Exactly!

Pony Racer

You can convert them bad boy Walkers TOO!:)

Off to Winchester tomorrow boys going to swing by Taylors too!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

Ok.  I've seen too many folks have problems with the Walker loading arm come loose from the barrel when shooting.  I'm sure they can be fixed but to be honest I prefer the look of the 1060 Army better. 

I have permission from the CFO for the purchase.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  However I was looking at the Kirst converters at EMF and they are only 5 shot.  Clearly that will not do.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I'm sure I can get the six shot we need for our purposes but where would ya'll suggest?  Also is there anything else I need to get other than the cylinders to convert over to cartridge?  ??? ??? ??? ???

LIT I would indeed like to try them out before I invest.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA   

Pony Racer

R&D makes converters too.  The Kirst 5 shot converters are SASS approved because there is a rest spot for the hammer that acts as the "empty chamber".

Sometimes the converters go right in - sometimes the timing needs to be tweaked.

What I would do is put them together and unless they feel real good from get go - take the converters and pistolas to Nate and ask him to time them up and smooth them.

I have 2 cases of DB BP 2F powder from Back Creek in Winchester and some extra supplies for me from Taylors.  

I had to work hard to behave in that store - boy could i have put some hurting on any or all of my accounts in that store!
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on January 28, 2012, 01:19:40 PM
I have 2 cases of DB BP 2F powder from Back Creek in Winchester and some extra supplies for me from Taylors.  

YEEE HAAAWWWW!!

Some smoke is gonna be made!

Wildcat Will

PR  Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound.  Let's talk next Sat about pistolas.  I'm giving some real thought to not converting them and shooting cap and ball.  The price of getting enough cylinders to load at the beginning of the day is too much.  Might get a couple of spares but that would be like getting a couple of conversions.  Not sure which way to go.  Hoping LIT will make it to the match Saturday so I can try out a couple to see how they feel shooting as a gunfighter.  If I go C&B may have to consider some new leather to go along with them.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  Amazing how it just starts adding up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com