VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pony Racer

MM is one of a kind!

I hope you are feeling better now.

I finally go to get some cleaning time in last night.  I had sprayed the guns down with Balistol saturday afternoon in breeches and barrels and everything cam out lickity split.

The only bummer was my new chamber brush (thankfully only 10.00) came apart like a cheap piece of crap - I will go to Lowes and buy the scrubber thing there....

I did prime my RMC shells - Wahooooooooooooooooo

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Pony Racer

10 Gauge innards for my brass shells were ordered sunday night and they are on their way!

With any luck I may have some brass hulls to try out for Mattaponi shoot.

Horse show daddy duties in Md this weekend.

Happy Hump Day ya'll!
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

My 10 ga reload tools showed up yesterday.   All purdy and shiney.  Now all I gotta do is figure out how they all work.  All my 10 ga brass is loaded.  Thinking of asking Santa for a few more.  Not sure I've been smokey and firey and stinkey and dirty enough though.   ;D
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

litl rooster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on December 08, 2011, 04:18:20 PM
Thinking of asking Santa for a few more.  Not sure I've been smokey and firey and stinkey and dirty enough though.   ;D

Skynyrd is changing the lyrics about you

Ooooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell
Ooooh that smell
The smell of the Darkside surrounds you

Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

We have discovered the Wildcat Will Anthem!

BTW I love Balistol - I put my pistols up as i cleaned everything else tuesday and forgot about them.

Just like the long guns i sprayed them over and in the bore before i put them in the truck on saturday afternoon and just like the long guns tuesday - the pistols cleaned easy tonight!

I don't like forgetting and waiting 4 days to clean but nice to know balistol really does protect!:)

PR - off to do some Pony Pulling duties this weekend in Md.
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

Shot yesterday at Lost River.  Missouri Marshall, Goosefoot & I were the only ones shooting the correct powder.  Had some fun!

Marshall showed some of the video from the Night Shoot from the Sussex Range War.  All of us Darksiders looked great - the rest shooting that heathen smokeyless powder should be edited out - since there was no fire from their gun barrels!
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

litl rooster

Quote from: Sod Buster on December 11, 2011, 08:22:59 AM
Shot yesterday at Lost River.  Missouri Marshall, Goosefoot & I were the only ones shooting the correct powder.  Had some fun!

Marshall showed some of the video from the Night Shoot from the Sussex Range War.  All of us Darksiders looked great - the rest shooting that heathen smokeyless powder should be edited out - since there was no fire from their gun barrels!

Are the videos posted anywhere so I can watch them?
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

LR - I had the same thoughts!

BTW my 12 yr old equestrian is stoked - she qualified for regionals in Feb in Lexington!

Hope you, the Missus and Killer are enjoying the holiday season!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Pony Racer

Got my new 10 gauge shells all loaded up and glued tonight as well as 30 12 gauge shells - 50 shells

20 - 10 gauge at 100 grains a piece

30 - 12 gauge at 65 grains a piece

= Very light 1lb can of BP:) - the smiles priceless!
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Pony Racer

Cardinal Wind will be attending the Mattaponi shoot with me - Wahoooooooooooooooo

She is just watching but i hope after she gets a few more shoots under her belt and meets more people her shyness will subside.

She really is a talkative little gal!

Daddy has been window shopping looking at ruger bear cats and other smaller gripped pistols.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

I've just acquired a rifle which was in the family of a coworker since his great-granddad.  It is a smooth bore percussion, converted from a flintlock.  The exterior metal looks incredible and the wood is in pretty good shape.  Only has a couple of markings on the metal and that is N.Haven, government proof mark of a P in a oval and SNY next to it.  There are a couple of stamps in the stock.  It was used for awhile by a reenactor(sp?).  It has the three sided bayonet and the loading rod.  Gonna take it to LCR and see what he can tell me about the possibility of shooting it with non-Will loads and what it might be worth.  I got it for $200.  
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Lucky Irish Tom

LR,

MM posted the videos up on you tube, here are the links:

Stage 1:

Stage 2:
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Pony Racer

WW that sounds purty nice! :D

The videos are awesome - the Black Powder cartridges really show up nicely!

Wahooooooooooooooo

Yehawwwwwwwwwwww

Shooting Sunday!
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

PR congratulations to your daughter and good luck in Lexington

Wildcat got a new toy hope to see it thunder soon

LIT I found them thank you.  Reminder to all always thumbs up or down the video for the person posting.  Some of them are trying to earn a living.

I also recieved the message about Cumberland Lou.   I am having trouble putting a face to the name.   Just the same condolences to the family
Mathew 5.9

Missouri Marshal

Quote from: litl rooster on December 16, 2011, 05:45:26 AM
PR congratulations to your daughter and good luck in Lexington

Wildcat got a new toy hope to see it thunder soon

LIT I found them thank you.  Reminder to all always thumbs up or down the video for the person posting.  Some of them are trying to earn a living.

I also recieved the message about Cumberland Lou.   I am having trouble putting a face to the name.   Just the same condolences to the family

Howdy Rooster,
Cumberland Lou was the one that was always trying to make ya laugh.  Here is a picture of him.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

litl rooster

dang I do recognize him from Lost River.  Still my  respects to the family.

What's the latest word on the Sheepherder?
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

LR latest on the sheepherder is that he is doing better - still long road to hoe but movement in some extremities and he recognizes folks - both great signs!

4 More days until Christmas!  dang in the meantime I have Wife's Birthday on the 22nd and my oldest daughter's on the 23rd...

Hope to shoot with everyopne soon!

Have a safe and wonderful Christmas!

Hohoho - no where is that six gun volley?!:) ;D
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Missouri Marshal

Quote from: litl rooster on December 18, 2011, 10:15:01 AM
dang I do recognize him from Lost River.  Still my  respects to the family.

What's the latest word on the Sheepherder?

Hey Rooster, don't you get my emails anymore?  Or are you just ignoring me.  I been tryin ta keep everyone up todate
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

litl rooster

I'm sorry what was that MM?

Merry Christmas to all of y'all !
Mathew 5.9

Lucky Irish Tom

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MY DARKSIDER PALS!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com