VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on August 17, 2011, 07:58:07 PM
Thats good that you did not drive up there for nothing!
I sent you an personal message - you are using an old email for TD.
PR

Thanks but the issue is not with TD....it is with Rocky Mtn Cartridge.
I am OK with TD & Star City....been confirmed for over a month.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Pony Racer

Right my mistake.

I have emailed RMC as well too.

When I talked with him he said they had plenty of brass made up so now I am just trying to get the brass in so I can load it up.

I am pretty sure I can load it up with the hand tools I have now - just be easier to do with the 10 gauge tools.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

litl rooster

I would think Nate could build you reloading kits..Or a  gunsmith with a Lathe and Drill press. Resizing your brass and or paper/plastic hulls would be the key. Punching the spent primers and setting new ones wouldn't be too big of hassel. You should be able to rig up some devise to do that with.. I mean your all Southern Gentleman(Didn't want say RedNecks) and as long as there is Duct tape< I don't beleive it is in short supply... You should be able to fix a little problem like loading Shotshells.
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Wouldncha need balin' wire 'n WD-40 too? Mebbe sum chewin' gum?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on August 19, 2011, 06:42:19 AM
Wouldncha need balin' wire 'n WD-40 too? Mebbe sum chewin' gum?

If you have some in the tool box
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Doan remember whut's in there. Used some Bondo ta fix the loose latch 'n now it won't open...........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Lucky Irish Tom

Quote from: Arcey on August 19, 2011, 07:40:36 AM
Doan remember whut's in there. Used some Bondo ta fix the loose latch 'n now it won't open...........

That's what ya need tha acetelyne torch fer.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on August 19, 2011, 05:47:45 AM
Right my mistake.

I have emailed RMC as well too.

When I talked with him he said they had plenty of brass made up so now I am just trying to get the brass in so I can load it up.

I am pretty sure I can load it up with the hand tools I have now - just be easier to do with the 10 gauge tools.

I finally heard back from RMC but the news is not good:
Sorry for the delay on response.  I had a short stay in the hospital and am recovering from injuries so I am not at work full time at this point.

I do make 10 ga. cases.  I do not stock these items, everything is made to order.  The Cases are priced at $78.00/box of 10 for the 2 7/8 cases.  The loading kit is currently $80.00.   
Thank you for your patients,
Dave Casey

litl rooster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on August 19, 2011, 11:41:55 AM
That's what ya need tha acetelyne torch fer.

don't fergit the coathangers
Quote from: Arcey on August 19, 2011, 07:40:36 AM

then you fixed it
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Reckon so, Roo.

Quote from: Sod Buster on August 19, 2011, 02:23:18 PM
Thank you for your patients,
Dave Casey

Thank you for your patients...............................

Please tell me he's kiddin' 'round.

Sod Buster

Quote from: Arcey on August 19, 2011, 06:42:25 PM
Thank you for your patients...............................
Please tell me he's kiddin' 'round.

I thought it was funny!  ;D

Arcey

Oh well.....

When they get their ta ya, I hope there wright 'n they're are nothin' wrong with 'em. When ya pay yer money that's do ya want 'em ta due proper.......

Pony Racer

Sodbuster - MM was willing to share a box of shells with me at Mattaponi match.

Between that box and MM and WW both bringing shells and 10 gauges - bring yours on - I will share.

The guy at RMC had said he had some 10 gauge shells in stock - 2 5-8 inch for my old remmie.  I will call today and see if that is still true and get them shipped to me now - if they are in stock I am getting 30.

Major Belch roared a the match sunday for two stages - all spotters moved back a few paces second time I let him rip.

Thanks again MM for sharing that box of shells.

I also tried out my new 5 inch conversions and like all of LCR's work they shot sweet and rang true!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

PR,
Thanks for the offer for the shells.  I just might take you all up on it.
I haven't had a chance to even shoot it yet and wanted to see if it would even work!  Perhaps if I make it to West Point this Saturday one of you could spare a coule shells so I could test it.

If you get in touch with the guy at RMC, I wish he would answer my email.  I want to place an order.

One of these days I need to stop by and see LCR.  I have never been to his shop.  I could use some work done on one of my Richard-Masons.

Wildcat Will

Has anyone heard anything recently from RMC about the reloading kits?  I know he was out for awhile with an injury but this seems a bit much. 

SB I'll bring my two boxes of 10g to Star City and doubt I will try shootin' Bertha both days.  Not particularly worried about them shells sizing to a chamber as they are really thick brass.  I'll also have the mule-eared 12 to play with.

Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Pony Racer

I sent the guy at RMC an email and he has not returned a reply just yet :(

While the guy at Rugged Gear was very helpful and has my new cart going quicker than expected - don't think it will get here soon enough for Bend of Trail though.

Due to Hurricane I will not be at the shoots - got work to done in the Port...
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

more aftershocks this morning and trentual rains this afternoon with more on the way...I think the God's of the Darkside is angry
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

Got an email from RMC guy.  He tells me he has broken ribs and collarbone and he is not sure when he will be able to start working again.  I can manage loading the way I have been but hope he get better and can start making the 10 ga stuff.  Thinking about getting a few more shotshells. 

LR I'm thinking the fact we have not had a good smokey match recently has angered the good Lord. 

Hey we get it, we get it.  You can stop so we can get out and provide you some of the good smoke (not to be confused with the stuff from the swamp).
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

litl rooster

Ya'll down there in the dismal don't need to worry about a little smoke

I see the Yellow flags have been waved at both Pungo and Pepper Mill this weekend..Has RIR cancelled the race yet?

Ya'll be safe down in Tidewater area
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

For all my Tidewater pards and pardettes.

If you do not leave today please be prepped to bunker in place through sunday afternoon.

I know that WW, MM, LR and others have my cell phone info.  Please reach out to them if you get stuck somewhere - however we might not be able to come get ya until sunday.

Biggest thing I think is be prepped to be powerless other than you own generator power potentially after saturday afternoon/night for awhile...

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com