VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pony Racer

Ain't Technology a pain sometimes TT!

Loose screws and I don't shoot Marlins ;D - who would have thunk it!  Interesting how that little screw holding in the loading gate on a convresion or open top can cause a pistol to bind up.

I am considering the NC match SB - just need to look at long term sked and work and talk to my lovely bride.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on June 04, 2010, 08:30:03 AM
I am considering the NC match SB - just need to look at long term sked and work and talk to my lovely bride.

I hope ya can come, PR.  A lot of the pards we shoot with go and we always have a great time.  This will be the last year the shoot will be held in November.  In 2011, it moves to the 1st weekend June.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Pony Racer

Had a scare last night.  Seems one of my kiddos spilt water in truck and mive moved my pistol bag to try to clean it up.

Since I did not know of incident until 3 days later I did not check pistols until last night.

One of them had significant running rust on top of barrel :o.  It all came off but the barrel looks a bit splotchy in places.

The guns had been cleaned and gotten a light coating of balistol before being put in bag so guns are fine but was definitely not a sweet sight to see when i pulled them out of the bag.

The pistol on the other side of the bag did not get wet at all so was fine.

From now on the pistols and rifles will always be in the back of the truck and not close to any water sources, regardless of them being in a coller or capped.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Missouri Marshal

Howdy Pards,

Jus stopped in ta say Howdy.  Ain't been here much lately,  been real busy makin loading blocks, loading ammo and other stuff.  Trina keeps me up to day on the F&B Posse, speaking of Trina since she hasn't answered for sure,  yes we are going to NC State, also WV State, VA State and Mason Dixon Stampede.  Done sent the applications in for them all and and got conformations back from VA and Mason Dixon.  Hey, since I'm here, does anyone know where I can find a Buntline in .38 or .357?  I want one with at least a 12" barrel, longer if I can find one.  Please let me know if you know where to find one.  Only ones I have been able to find are in .45.  Might end up settlin for that but I really, really want one in .38, jus like my mentor.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Lucky Irish Tom

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Paid $300.00 for the one I got like that'n. Took some werk ta get it runnin' like it had half sense tho.

MM, ya thinkin' of somethin' what'll bring a chuckle ya know yer welcome to use one er both of mine.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

Just read the Pungo news....congratulations to all of you

With the stock on that one I can't see it being over $700
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Thankee on behalf of the bored..

The thing's a pile of fun when ya wanna l'il. Used mine inna WASA shoot years ago for a rifle sequence, cleared it, took the stock off 'n holstered the thing. Moved to the pistol position, drew 'n loaded it then shot it on those targets. Weak side had the other one in it. T'was a hoot!

Don't know on the prices taday. Do know I'd seriously think 'bout lettin' mine go for a grand.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

I've got a colt thunder .41 cal  .   I see them in simular working condition. for double to 3 times what I paid for mine. They remain listed on GB, One ever sells that high I'll list mine. ;D
Mathew 5.9

Missouri Marshal

He like that one way too much.  Besides, it looks like it has adjustable sights and ya can't have that in FC categories.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Arcey

Tis adjustable sighted w/ a ramp front. That could be a pic of mine 'cept mine ain't got the ring on the stock.

Pony Racer

It does look pretty good.

I'll send an email to my friend in Louisiana that shoots a pair in competitions regularly.

He might have some contacts that have leads.

Looks like no shooting for me again this weekend - I will be working by noon saturday.

Sunday I got a birthday party that a 7yr old really wants me to be at.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

Quote from: Missouri Marshal on June 09, 2010, 10:18:22 PM
Only ones I have been able to find are in .45. 

Hmmmmmmmm  Buntlines in .45 FCGF.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
;D ;D ;D ;D
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Tricky Trina

:o :o :o :o :o :o - I suppose I could RO fer ya shootin a pair of them..... I wouldn't be seeing much beyond the guns.......
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Arcey

Will wooden like 'em. The more barrel the quieter. Less fire. Plenty smoke 'n stink.

With the dreaded, dangerous, gun-blowin'-up, Heap Bad Medicine loads ya really don't need ear plugs. The l'il ball smackin' steel makes more noise than the BOOM does.... 

Tricky Trina

How far down yer butt would that gun belt havta be so's you could draw both at the same time  ????

Hmmmmm........................
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Wildcat Will

Quote from: Tricky Trina on June 10, 2010, 07:31:11 PM
How far down yer butt would that gun belt havta be so's you could draw both at the same time  ????

Hmmmmm........................
:o   :-[   :o    ;D   ;D   ;D 
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Lucky Irish Tom

Will would have to wear his gunbelt like the homeboys wear their jeans in order to draw!  I would make for a right interesting video though. WW I think a set of Open top 72's with 8 inch barrels or Richard Mason conversions would be more your style.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

litl rooster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on June 11, 2010, 04:25:26 AM
Will would have to wear his gunbelt like the homeboys wear their jeans in order to draw!  I would make for a right interesting video though. WW I think a set of Open top 72's with 8 inch barrels or Richard Mason conversions would be more your style.

the Homeboy thing is painting a awful mental picture, remember this is a family site... :o

I think those Buntlines have a cool/fun factor, but they don't appear practicle for anything else. They'd be a PIA to holster with a scope and bi-pod for hunting.
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com