VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missouri Marshal

Well, here's a little update.....

There were 68 "clean shooters," yeah we were all lumped in that one.......

We had a few winners....  Miz Annie is the North Eastern Champion for Ladies Senior Duelist, Tensleep took seventh in Frontier Cartridge, Potter County Kid took fourth in Frontier Cartridge, Missouri Marshal took fourth in Frontier Cartridge Duelist, Sassy Shooting Sours is the North Eastern Champion in Ladies 49er and I am the North Eastern Ladies Frontier Cartridge Champion!

The Virginia Fire and Brimstone Posse is well represented in the North East Region..........

Well, we're packing up to move out tomorrow so I'll hollar at cha later......
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Pony Racer

Sounds like Fire and Brimstone were well well represented and did some mighty fine shooting!!

Hope ya'll had safe passage home yesterday afternoon and or today.

Watch out for them border rif raf I hear them river folks can get mighty testy!:)

4 days of work this week and then it is off to disney with family

Hope to shoot with ya'll in late Oct/early Nov.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Wildcat Will

Got permission from the boss to shoot the Uprising at Swearing Creek (NC State Match), got word there were still openings and the registration is going out in the morning mail.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 

Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

litl rooster

I'm guessing the post under Missouri Marshalls alias, was none uther than Tricky Trina..............

Sounds as if all the ladies in posse had an attack plan and stuck to it.

Congradulations to all of You!
Mathew 5.9

litl rooster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on October 04, 2009, 05:00:41 PM
Hate ta change the subject back to shootin' stuff ..... don't really  hate it. 

I just busted my Lee single stage I use for my shotgun primer work.  So I thought I would try to punch out and re-seat them using the hammer and wood method.  Scarred the crap outta me but it worked and I still have both hands.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hehehehe     I've "pop" a few set'm also,  spooky everytime it happens
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

I have popped a few too using the dowel method.

Thankfully the basement ceiling is left unfinished in the loading space and due to that the dowel didn't touch the rafters:)!!

Will, I will keep my eyes out for an old shotgun press like the one I got from LCR.  It is probably 1950/60's vintage but works great for depriming and seating primers.  Everyone once in awhile I see one for like 40-50.00.

I hand load the rest of the way but could use the rest of press - noteworthy the press has both a tube to do a star crimp and a tube setup to do a roll crimp.  If I get that old 97 the roll crimp will come in handy!!

Hey LR - remember when you gave me some big lube bullets to test??  You remeber if they were to try in the frenchie pistols or 44 for my OT's?

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

PR thanks for thinking of me.  I went out and ordered a replacement for the Lee.  Looks like it should hold up a little better.  I need it to load the 45-70s also so, the Lee is an inexpensive way to go. 

BTW  Heard from Cammie and she tells me they needed one more to make the 5 for FCGF and wanted to know if I was planning on shootin that category.    ::)

Hmmmmmmmmmm  let me think.    ;D ;D ;D  What the heck why not!!   He He He He He.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

litl rooster

Quote from: Pony Racer on October 05, 2009, 11:06:22 AM
I have popped a few too using the dowel method.

Thankfully the basement ceiling is left unfinished in the loading space and due to that the dowel didn't touch the rafters:)!!

Will, I will keep my eyes out for an old shotgun press like the one I got from LCR.  It is probably 1950/60's vintage but works great for depriming and seating primers.  Everyone once in awhile I see one for like 40-50.00.

I hand load the rest of the way but could use the rest of press - noteworthy the press has both a tube to do a star crimp and a tube setup to do a roll crimp.  If I get that old 97 the roll crimp will come in handy!!

Hey LR - remember when you gave me some big lube bullets to test??  You remeber if they were to try in the frenchie pistols or 44 for my OT's?

PR

That was so long ago...It was either .44 .428" or .38 at 357"

the Uprising must be a big match if they need 5 to make a class

I load my .45-70's on my Lee press
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

Quote from: litl rooster on October 05, 2009, 10:40:08 PM
the Uprising must be a big match if they need 5 to make a class

It is the NC State match.  The 5 is their requirement if it is not an official SASS category.  Only need 3 if it is a regular category.

Pony Racer

With disney trip - the NC was too close - plus first two weeks of Nov - I will be very busy with work.

I am planning to shoot down in VA in Nov. - probably Wakefield or Kuba Kids bunch and the West Point Saturday match.

If I get assinged to Southern VA or NC - my shooting schedule will improve greatly.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Sod Buster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on October 05, 2009, 04:27:14 AM
Got permission from the boss to shoot the Uprising at Swearing Creek (NC State Match), got word there were still openings and the registration is going out in the morning mail.

Great news!
See ya there.  I am registered already.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Tricky Trina

Whew!  Glad to be home!!!  No extra critters or people livin in the house agin....

Got LOTS and LOTS of laundry to do..... it really is amazing how many clothes two people can wear in 12 days!!

Glad ta hear ya got a liberty pass for NC state, Will - we'll have a smokey good time down yonder. 

Well, now I gotta git back to the laundry and get ready for my claws appointment and doctor's appointment today.  Dang, I gotta got back to work to git some rest...............
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Lucky Irish Tom

You shooting this coming weekend Cuzzin Trina?
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Tricky Trina

Yup - can't miss it!!

How bout you?
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Lucky Irish Tom

Yup - Tha Irishman will be in da house!

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Tricky Trina

Lucky Irish Tom

litl rooster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on October 12, 2009, 08:24:53 PM
HIC - Whash that ritl looster

I see'd ya in the da Bucket of Blood wit them new Sportin' ladies of Tricky Trina's
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

Great picture of the ladies Rooster.   :D  And ta think they all shoot real good too!   :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com