VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat Will

Quote from: Pony Racer on August 07, 2009, 10:20:22 AM
This Ain't No Library!!! ;D

PR

Did you mean to say This aint no library!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Wildcat Will

I will be camping out at the range Saturday night for the MD State BP match.  Looks like the long range weather has a sunny in the upper 80's  kinda day.  Has the night time temps in the mid 60's so should make for some good sleepin.

Only a week away and then we kin make some

FIRE, SMOKE, BOOOOOM AND STINK

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Pony Racer

Wahooooooooooooo

Yehawwwwwwwww

BP shooting for everybody!!!

I am excited

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Pony Racer

Hey and for those who have been folowing my what is the best glue for brass shells saga.

I have a winner.

I am now sold on the glue guns with the stick glue.  I do use the better grade glue sticks but they are still very cheap.

The best part is that the glue dries much quicker than anything i have used before - in a pinch I could actually reload shells and glue gun them the night before a match and be good to go!!!

Course the glue gun cost me 10.00 - but hey it is an investment:)!!

PR

GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Tricky Trina

This whole sport is an investment...........  ;)
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Sod Buster

Thanks for the tip, PR.
I started with Duco cement and have switched to Water Glass but that takes a couple days to harden.  Both work great though.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Lucky Irish Tom

I have been using the hot glue just like PR and what I like the most is being able to put the glue on at night and box them up as finished in the morning.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Pony Racer

LIT I think that the drying overnight has sold me.

Plus i like that it seems to stay sort of rubbery.  I think my issue with the other glues had been that they hardened completely and then in the very cold would crack and lose their seal.

SB - heave heard great things about both Duco and Water Glass - I did use for about two loadings a tube of welder's glue.  That stuff was awesome as an adhesive but took alot of extra work because it was very stringy.

Feeling a bit under the weather - kids got ill thurs/fri and passed it on to me - oh the joys of fatherhood!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

I still sware by Elmers.  Works good and I give it 'bout 24 hrs ta dry. 

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on August 10, 2009, 08:42:26 AM
Feeling a bit under the weather - kids got ill thurs/fri and passed it on to me - oh the joys of fatherhood!!

Stay away from the kids!  We need you healthy and hollerin' on Sunday up in Thurmont!

Wildcat Will

Got my Chronicle today.  Good article on the Smoke. :o ;D :D

Pony Racer

Ms Annie did us all proud!!!

A big F&B Posse thank you to her:)!!

I am doing better but now wife is down hard - hoping that I can still shoot MD State BP Match!!

I think it will be ok since we still have a good amount of days to go - but dang it will be cut close!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Lucky Irish Tom

Tha shot a Will n PR was classic.  Y'all do us proud at tha MD BP match.

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on August 12, 2009, 03:49:38 AM
I am doing better but now wife is down hard - hoping that I can still shoot MD State BP Match!!

I think it will be ok since we still have a good amount of days to go - but dang it will be cut close!!

Bring 'em to the match and set them out in the sun....let the heat sweat the sickess out of them.
Works everytime....

Pony Racer

Wife wou;d definitely let me have it - if I did that.

Everyone is doing good - Thurmont here I come!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Lucky Irish Tom

Have fun at the MD shoot n do tha F & B Posse proud.

Sod Buster

Pony Racer

Going to be a beautiful weekend for cowboy shooting - just a little hot!!

keep hydrated pards and pardettes!!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Wildcat Will

Had a good day of shootin at the Md Free State BP match.  The Va F&B Posse was represented by Sod Buster, Poney Racer, Potter County Kid, Lefty Spurmaker (part time member) and me.  Even though the temps were in the really hot part of the thermometer, much fun was had by all.  I think we let dem Yankees know that we Virginians know how to make some FIRE, SMOKE, BOOOOM AND STINK. 

We did learn that Coasties have a hard time wit directions when they are on dry land. :o ::)  Aint that so PR?  ;D

YEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pony Racer

I have to be honest.

I did have directional issues - thankfully i printed out the map to go with the directions and got pointed in right direction in enough time to make the match.

Beware relying soley on mapquest directions!!!  Always look at the route yourself!!

But what an awesome match - much fun!!!  PC and Lefty both took home plaques and everyone who satyed took home something from prize give aways.

Evidently two shooters had to quit due to heat issues - please drink water and have snacks to replenish electro-lytes when it is hotter than blazes.  And when you start feeling bad say something - in this case both shooters did and Host club was ready to provide for their needs.

If'n you are in the area - Thurmont is a great location and the local club puts on a great match.

I'll keep this date as a place holder for next year.

Wahoooooooooooooooooo
Yehawwwwwwwwwwww

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com