VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

tolt MM or Potter I'd be to Mataponi...........even if I have to swim my horse across the river.
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

Hello the Posse - hopefully in a few hours we will get updates on the Lexington Smoke, fire, boom and stink!! ;D

Turns out I can't get extra time off for NC shoot but I will be able to shoot Wakefield the first saturday in May.

I can't do TIB this year due to dance recitals but I will be shooting:
MD State Match, and signing up this week for the Free State Match in August,
Bend of Trail, and want to do the second Smoke on the Mattaponi - btw when is that one?

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Wildcat Will

SOM is on May 30th I believe.  It is the last Saturday in May if my memory serves.

Just got settled back at the house.  Guns cleaned are the range, brass is tumbling, dinner et and took the monthly shower.  BRR was fantastic again.  Great stages, some of which may be seen agin at Wakefield.  Our posse had some great Va F&B posse members.  We did our best to put some Smoke, Fire, BOOOOOOOM and Stink into the air.  I managed ta kill me two targets, but were out dun by a NC BP shooter who took out 5.  Carolina Jack was shootin cap and ball and makin some mighty fine smoke.  It was great fun shootin wit him. 

The weather was great all weekend.  Up near 80 on Saturday and a bit overcast but in the upper 60s today. 

The only unhappy part was that Trina will unable to play this weekend.  She managed to catch a cold and spent the weekend int he trailer.  Hopefully she at least heard some of the BOOOOOOM we was doing.  She did manage to shoot the side matchs and won about every lady's category in rifle shootin you kin git. 

All in all it were a YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Lucky Irish Tom

Will is correct it was a great time.  I got to shoot thru with his Posse for the weekend, since I was a Berm Marshal along with Arcey, and MM.  MM also shot thru with the same Posse so most of us that were there on VA F & B Posse got to shoot together.

The second stage Saturday, and stage Seven on Sunday, had a store front with a tin roof.  There were a bunch of busted clays scattered o the surface of it till Will cut loose with that double piped boomstick a his.  MM and I thought we was being shot at cause all the pieces was bouncing off the roof from tha concussion and landing on us at the loading table,  Will definately shook up the house.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Pony Racer

Sounds like a rip roaring Fire and Brimstone time!!:)

This ain't no stinkin library!!!

Lookin forward to shooting with pards and pardettes first saturday in May down in Wakefield!!

Thanks for hte info on Smoke on the Mattaponi - it is on me calendar!!

TT - Hot and Sour soup - you got to smoke out that thar cold:)!!
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

litl rooster

yeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

TT hope you get to feelin' better soon.

which one of ya won the New Caddy-lac?
Mathew 5.9

Tensleep

Like WW said, Carolina Jack was with us an' he's a great pard.

What he didn't say was that "Tha Kids from NC" Cammy an' Stump was BPing with us!
Stump was kicking both daze but Cammie was RIPPIN'!!!
She was shootin' smoke like it was tha heathen powder an' her 100 y/o 97 was belchin' an' BOOMIN'!

PCK was on top o' his game too!

I think we had 7 or 8 shootin' BP on our posse!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

litl rooster

Them kids is both some of the finest shooters in the sport......glad they seen the light on powder choice ;D
Mathew 5.9

Pony Racer

I am a wishing I could go down and shoot that thar NC BP match with Stump and Cammie.

But with working the friday before - just can't get thar in time to rest and shoot.

I will have to catch up with them later.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Tricky Trina

I guess it were a good time fer most - like wuz said before, I spent most of my time at the trailer.  I tried to kick it by sweatin it out at side matches on Friday, but it weren't meant ta be.  I spent time readin and listenin to big BOOMs from tha range with Ewok - figgured it wuz WW or LIT gittin rid of the bugs on the mountain.  We did have bunches of peeps come down after the shoots each day and it was nice to visit, from a repectable distance so's noone else got this CRAP!  Y'all missed an OUTSTANDING meal Sunday night with Wanda, Louie, Remo, Eva, Miz Annie and 'Sleep.  Ain't nothin in the world like good food, good friends and a good campfire to end the day/trip!!

I'll have ta go git the hot and sour soup tomorrow - too tired to do that tonight.  I'm settling in with some chicken soup and then to the doctor tomorrow.
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Brizco-Z

To the Fire,

Walking up the hill to the range Saturday morning, gun cart in tow, whose was the first smile'n faces I see. None other than Arcey and Tensleep, started off my weekend right just to chat with these pards for a while.  Had not seen these two in quite some time, Arcey maybe even longer, was good to see ya'll.  Saw a lot of old friends and missed a few too.  Sorry to hear Miss Trina was sickly but, I'm in hopes that MM will have her healed soon.  Sounds like she shot mighty fine on the side match day, congrats.  Want to mention what a fine job the Blue Ridge Regulators did putting the 11 annual Roundup on, we were fed well, everybody shot safe and had a swell ole time.  Hope to shoot with ya'll all real soon.

Brizco-Z
NRA  SASS - RO II, RATS, STORM & SCORRS
Old Scout & Order of the Arrow
DARKSIDER by Choice, VIRGINIAN by the Grace of God
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/Brizco-Z/

Wireman

Quote from: Tensleep on April 20, 2009, 06:30:41 AM
Like WW said, Carolina Jack was with us an' he's a great pard.

What he didn't say was that "Tha Kids from NC" Cammy an' Stump was BPing with us!
Stump was kicking both daze but Cammie was RIPPIN'!!!
She was shootin' smoke like it was tha heathen powder an' her 100 y/o 97 was belchin' an' BOOMIN'!

PCK was on top o' his game too!

I think we had 7 or 8 shootin' BP on our posse!

Dang! I was hopin' ta take credit fer Cammies Chutin'....but I find out That SLEEPY loaded her Ammo!  ya know dat Girls got Zen Powers dun't cha?

Hope ta see all ya'll Va. Pards Soon.....

Wiry

Arcey

Hated ta see ya feelin' poorly, cuz. Ya get yerself well quick as ya kin shoot side matches.

Been too long, Briz. Great ta talk ta ya eye ta eye. Hope next time won't be as long.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Wildcat Will

Time to start thinking 'bout Smoke on the Mattaponi.   When MM put out the electronic telegram, it sounded like there were pards who were thinkin' 'bout it but did not know or have the ability to load BP.  Of course there were immediate offers to provide for those that were thinkin' 'bout it.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

litl rooster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on April 23, 2009, 04:46:12 AM
Time to start thinking 'bout Smoke on the Mattaponi.   When MM put out the electronic telegram, it sounded like there were pards who were thinkin' 'bout it but did not know or have the ability to load BP.  Of course there were immediate offers to provide for those that were thinkin' 'bout it.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I think the wires were cut here.....I'll be there
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Leanin' towards shootin' 'er fairly heavy but ain't sure yet. Holdin' off on sayin', 'I'm in' 'til I know. They fill while I'm lolly-gaggin' I kin keep score er sumthin'. Know fer sher wanna see y'all eye ta eye 'n get a handshake.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Wildcat Will

Quote from: litl rooster on April 23, 2009, 05:58:05 AM

I think the wires were cut here.....I'll be there

Damn Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to ride VA Fire and Brimestone Posse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Missouri Marshal

Sorry Pards I've been a little busy the past few weeks.  Here is a link to my web page for SMOKE on the MATTAPONI  http://mysite.verizon.net/ronnie.turnbull/id16.html  You can also see who's signed up and what category.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Lucky Irish Tom

I'm ready to ride!

Time to fill the West Point air with SMOKE, FIRE, BOOM, n STINK!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Pony Racer

Wahoooooooooooooo - color me smokey and on fire!! ;D

I will be there!

Yehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy