VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcey

Prolly Murphy's Oil Soap.

Good ta hear yer back in one piece. Been checkin' the weather down there 'n hopin' the reports were wrong.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

ndnchf

PR - There's a fella over on the '76 Winchester forum selling a .50-95 new in box Taylors Uberti 76 with loading gear:

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,25154.0.html

Loading gear and brass can get pretty expensive in this caliber, so a package deal could be a bargain.
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Wildcat Will

Quote from: Arcey on March 15, 2009, 05:51:16 PM
Prolly Murphy's Oil Soap.

Good ta hear yer back in one piece. Been checkin' the weather down there 'n hopin' the reports were wrong.

Yor right it was Murphy's Oil Soap.  Seemed to work well as he was cleaning on the bed of his truck wit little mess.  He was shootin' purty much the same load as meownself.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Wildcat Will

PR you still thinkin' of goin' to the NC BP shoot in May?  I am givin' it some thought myself.  Anyone else plannin' on a trip to NC to smoke 'em up?
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Sod Buster

Quote from: Wildcat Will on March 15, 2009, 05:56:10 PM
PR you still thinkin' of goin' to the NC BP shoot in May?  I am givin' it some thought myself.  Anyone else plannin' on a trip to NC to smoke 'em up?

WW, I've been thinking about it as well. I've been watching that match develop for a while.  It seems to have sliimmed down to a one-day match.  Awful far to drive for 8 stages but i'm still up for it.  I gotta make sure I am not needed at work though.

BTW...the applications are supposedly posted for the 3rd Md State BP Shootout in August.
Y'all going?
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Arcey

Quote from: Wildcat Will on March 15, 2009, 05:54:59 PM
Yor right it was Murphy's Oil Soap.  Seemed to work well as he was cleaning on the bed of his truck wit little mess.  He was shootin' purty much the same load as meownself.

Don't try it 'til I talk ta ya. Tell ya 'ere but the Black Powder crazies'll go sterile 'n get all obnoxious.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Tensleep

Quote from: Arcey on March 15, 2009, 06:12:33 PM
Don't try it 'til I talk ta ya. Tell ya 'ere but the Black Powder crazies'll go sterile 'n get all obnoxious.

Aw man..... goathaid on, they ain't had their tails twisted in ah few hours....
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Pony Racer

I love the smell of BP in the am, mid morning, noon, afternoon, evening and will good for night time too!!

wahooooooooooooooooo

Still considering the NC BP match if we get a car pool or a convoy that would be fun/cool and definitely the BP match in Md in August.

Easy decision since I have to miss so much 2 days and special this spring.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Sod Buster

The Thunder in the Brush applications are also finally on the KC's Corral website.
Are we gonna all posse together on this one?

Pony Racer

Going to have to miss TIB due to dance recitals that weekend - Sat/Sun!!!

Daddy duties got to come first.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

sharps54

Speaking of daddy duties it looks like I spoke too soon about shooting this Saturday. While I was making plans here at work the wife was making plans for me at home!  :-\  I hope to see ya'll at some point!
Mild Myles

litl rooster

Sod Buster, correct me if i am wrong....   Pepper Mill Gang will shoot on coming Sunday
Mathew 5.9

Wildcat Will

I will be goin' to the MD BP shoot.  Just downloaded the app.  I'm plannin' on campin' at the range this year.  May havta plan on Monday off ifn we are shootin 8 stages.  The NC BP shoot is also 8 stages.  Should be fun to see how guns hold up to that many rounds. 

I have sent off an email to the fella in charge of the NC shoot ta see what facilities they have at the range.  I would really like to camp there also but things could get stinky (in a bad way)  :o ifn they aint got no facilities.

Lucky Irish Tom

Quote from: Arcey on March 15, 2009, 06:12:33 PM

Doan werry bout them Cuzzin, just cause snail spit n snake venom iz that only true way ta clean em don't mean ya kent have an opinion.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Sod Buster

Quote from: litl rooster on March 16, 2009, 08:42:12 AM
Sod Buster, correct me if i am wrong....   Pepper Mill Gang will shoot on coming Sunday

Correct.
The 4th Sunday of each month - March thru November.  This month's match is this Sunday 3/22

Arcey

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on March 16, 2009, 12:18:23 PM
Doan werry bout them Cuzzin, just cause snail spit n snake venom iz that only true way ta clean em don't mean ya kent have an opinion.

'N owl snot. Gottah have owl snot er yer junk'll corrode 'way by the fifth stage.........

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

litl rooster

does this mean I can toss out...I mean recycle the skunk urine?
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Don't throw it out. It's good ta keep the hornet hurl in the lube 'valleys' ah yer boolits from curdlin'.

Pony Racer

Stink, stank, stunk :) ;) :D

Wahoooooooooooooo

This ain't no LIBRARY!!!! ;D

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Pony Racer

Stitches come out tomorrow!!! :D

Still no shooting for awhile - but with stitches out - I won't have them moving around as I move - funky feeling - I am sure many of you can relate to.

I got pistolas to pick up, ammo and a weekend alone - since wife and kids are going to grandmas due to no school on monday.

Needless to say the Gov't does not follow the Manassas City school sked.

V/r, PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com