VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pony Racer

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm - I will have to dig into me files to show just how good pics.

PR

But Wahoooooooooooooooooooooo Yehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww anyway!!!
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Missouri Marshal

Yep, that was my first ship, USS Taylor, FFG 50, and she's one of the little ones. ;D
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on May 22, 2008, 11:10:18 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...... OK....... I get it.

Nice toy the Navy has there.

Is that the West Virginia unit?
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Lordy, I hope not.

They e'er start a carrier o'er in Newport News 'n plan on namin' the thing the Robert C. Byrd I'll be sick. Be easy ta nick-name it tho. 'Ole Sheets' or 'dodderin' ole fool'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Pony Racer

Hopefully, they won't do that.

You never know with naming conventions for the big ships - things come up and everything changes - ie recent naming of Navy ship for fallen Navy Seal.

I am sure there are some Surface Navy folks who do not like that at all.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Missouri Marshal

Sorry, I kinda took the thread off topic.  Two final notes and then we'll bet back to the SMOKEY stuff.

I don't believe any Sailor would ever object to a ship being named after ANY fallen shipmate.....Regardless of what part of the Navy they serve.

PR and any other Coasties out there, ya know I'm jus funnin with ya.  A little Service Branch rivalrey.  I have the utmost respect for everyone that serves in any branch of the service.  I have served with several Coasties.  Mostly on the ship in the picture.  We would have CG Dets on board to do boardings during Counter Narcotics Operations in the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico and we eventually got a CG Det on board to do boardings during the 1st Persian Gulf War, Operation Desert Shield.  Let me tell ya, them boys got bigins to be doin them boardings in hostile waters.  I salute you!.  Now back on topic.

Got ta go an open up the cylinder gap on by 45 Colt clones so I can try them tomorrow at Mattaponi.  When I shot the Holly Black out of them last weekend they started binding after only a few rounds.  gaps are pretty tight.  I'm goin ta open them up to about .007 - .008.  They should be good then.  Got ta have them ready for Smoke on the Mattaponi.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132

Arcey

Second those emotions. If anyone can watch these pipes, rifles 'n trumpet without a tear runnin' down their cheek their heart is colder'n mine.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MYJM_nwQBik

Yanno, that's one good thing 'bout shootin' them cheap Ubertis what rattle 'when ya shake 'em. They'll go all day. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Missouri Marshal

Quote from: Arcey on May 23, 2008, 03:01:07 PM

Yanno, that's one good thing 'bout shootin' them cheap Ubertis what rattle 'when ya shake 'em. They'll go all day. 

My 45s are cheap Uberti/Stoegers.  Got them at Bass Pro Shops.

Arcey

Luck ah the draw I reckon............ 

Texas Lawdog

The old Army 1911's were loose and they would shoot all day long. They were made that way to fit loose.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Back in the WASA days I watched an ole boy from Maryland tryin' shoot Black Powder (always capitalize Black Powder) out an '11. Never made it thru five without a hang up. He finished the shoot with revolvers.

My Glocks are tighter'n a drum. Rarely hang. Thinkin' them old '11s were just Colts. 

Pony Racer

I have an old Agentine 45 acp gun I might load some black in  for kicks to see if it will function.

The gun is sloppy but fires like a dream and unlike some have found with them - mine feeds everything you put in it - SWC, truncated, hollow points - anything.

No harm no foul MM - You said the right word - No working SAILOR who has busted his/her but on the Sea would have issue with the naming the ship after a fallen comrade.  As you well know from your time in - not everyone in the chain of command actually falls under "working sailor".

My family is joint - 2 squids (Navy), 2 jarheads (USMC - one now in Nat Guard), and 2 Coasties (USCG), my Dad's only complaint - is no one entered the Air Force - he would have liked a reason to vacation in Colorado Springs, CO!!

I broke out my C&B 1851 last night - Watching flatboat shoot his C&B's has gotten back to wanting to give it a shot at a match again.  Ordered some treso nipples and other supplies - if it comes in before June shoot may shoot one C&B and one cartridge gun for fun!

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Arcey

Which June shoot?

Ya wanna bring C&Bs so will I. It'd be a hoot.

Wildcat Will

Dang ya'll keep up this talk I may need to see bout gittin a couple and playin!  A couple of Walkers would be interesting dunt ya think.  I figure I could load dem up rite nice.  ::) :o :o
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Sod Buster

Quote from: Arcey on May 29, 2008, 02:05:44 PM
Which June shoot?

Ya wanna bring C&Bs so will I. It'd be a hoot.

I might be able to play also...if'nwe are talkin Black Creek.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Arcey

Heck, y'all say when other than June. I got the powder, caps 'n balls ta do it.

litl rooster

uhhhh!!!! more Smoky Firey Brimestone....C&B's might stay in the safe then this week..

Wildcat, I couldn't imagine you shooting anything but Walkers ;D when it comes to C&B's
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Pair ah Walkers.....................

Hehehehehehehe.... Getcha some strong stays. Close ta nine pounds. Pull yer britches down. Don't think nobody wants ta see that. Know I don't...

Might wanna consider these. 8" barrel. .44 ya kin stuff up good. Looks like the hammer'd be easier ta find fer a gunfrigther. Half the weight 'n half the price. No wedge ta fiddle with. Solid top strap. Cylinder removal easy.

Wildcat Will

Ok Arcey ya gotta give more info than that.  What is it?  Where is it?  It's gotta be 44.  Kant shoot no 36s. ;D
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Arcey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com