VA FIRE and BRIMSTONE POSSE

Started by Pony Racer, August 22, 2007, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Mustah been the Heap Bad Medicine loads I give 'er. The real man, buck 'n roar, 'Ah wants ta feel the recoil', werthawg, gun blowin' up stuff must have caused her pause.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on February 29, 2008, 07:01:33 AM
Mustah been the Heap Bad Medicine loads I give 'er. The real man, buck 'n roar, 'Ah wants ta feel the recoil', werthawg, gun blowin' up stuff must have caused her pause.

It was shot gun and rifle she had problems with...   She liked the Heap big medicine loads. ;D
Mathew 5.9

sharps54

PR, sorry to hear you won't make it, I look forward to seeing you again soon.
A couple of quick questions about the Pungo match (nothing like waiting to the last minute :o )
1. Can I use a traditional style leather muzzleloading possible's pouch (the originial man purse, sorry Jack Bauer!) for shotgun shells? If not I'll stick 'em in my vest pockets.
2.  My 12 and a half year old son wants to come and assist at the match. He is a SASS member ("Hawkeye Wyatt") but doesn't shoot yet. Heck he couldn't shoot at Pungo for another 2 years anyway. He knows he can't handle guns at the match and that he would probably be picking up brass but says he is OK with that. He's a Boy Scout and knows enough to listen to adults and do what he's told. Something came up and his mom can't come to the match, who do I need to check with to make sure he won't be stuck in the car all day or that we would have to turn around a go home? Of course if there is an issue I'll take him home but I was figuring he's got a young back and is closer to the ground then most of us....
3. How do I recognize Wildcat Will who said he'll let me borrow a scatter gun with BP loads? Just in case something happens I will bring some heathen 12 ga loads but hope not to have to resort to them.

I'm sure I'll think of something else around midnight tonight but I guess that's it for now. I did print out and read the Pungo Posse Range Rules so I think I'm good there and I plan to show up by 8:30.
Mild Myles

Missouri Marshal

Ya can't miss Wildcat Will

The possibles bag should be fine.  From the SASS Shooter's handbook;

Pouches shall have a flap and must carry their contents loose, with no special provisions to organize the contents for rapid retrieval.

As far as yur son, I don't see a problem with him helpin out as long as he knows how to be safe.  Heck I welcome anyone that's willin ta pick up brass.  :)  We had a small problem awhile back with yungins "playing" in the shooter' area and spectators getting too close to the fireing line.  That's reason for the current policies.  If we are shooting from the covered area it gets crowed real quick.  When we are shootin from the range floor it isn't as much of an issue.  VB Southpaw has the final word.  He's the Posse Sheriff.  Hope ta see ya tomorrow.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Arcey

Wildcat is easy ta find. He's the one with all the screamin' teen-aged girls jumpin' 'round 'n passin' out when he shows up...........

I know ya know but I wanna remind ya anyway. Hawkeye needs eye 'n ear protection. Be happy ta have the young man myself. Does he need a hat? I'll bring my smallest one if ya want. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

sharps54

Quote from: Arcey on February 29, 2008, 11:22:34 AM
Wildcat is easy ta find. He's the one with all the screamin' teen-aged girls jumpin' 'round 'n passin' out when he shows up...........

You know, that's what I was thinking! ;D

Marshal and Arcey,
Thanks for the tips. Arcey, no worries, I've got ears and eyes for him but it never hurts to ask/remind someone! Thanks for the offer, he does have a hat, vest and boots so he'll should fit right in! 
I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow,
Mild Myles

Wildcat Will

Miles I got ya set pard. 

The reports of faintin' gals is a bit exagerated. ::)  They may swoon a bit, but never seen one faint. ;D

I say ifn the son is willin ta help he has my vote. 
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

Arcey

Quote from: Wildcat Will on February 29, 2008, 03:54:18 PM
The reports of faintin' gals is a bit exagerated.  They may swoon a bit, but never seen one faint.

That's cuz with all the flashbulbs goin' off in yer face ya cain't see. The rest of us gottah pick 'em up.

Yer famous. Live with it.

sharps54

Wildcat Will,
Thanks, I'm gonna get there by 8:30 since it's my first time to Wakefield but I'm easy to spot, I'll be the guy you don't recognize! Arcey, Missouri Marshal, Tricky Trina and some others may recognize me but I'll be the short greenhorn with glasses, a brand new "Boss of the Plains" hat, a light colored fringe jacket, and a 12 year old son in tow!
See ya'all in the morning!
Mild Myles

Pony Racer

Myles sorry I am going to miss you shooting again.

Good news - I ate real food today - nice simple fish fry for lent.

I usually have a spicy sauce to go on the fish but passed this time.

I have used some of my lucid time to do some reloading chores (800 - 38 spl cases cleaned/reprimed, 400 - 44 russian cases primed and 20 - 43 spanish rounds made (4.4 cc's of powder in each one of those - BIG BOOM)) and finish up my taxes - got my bro-inlaw figuring the finale this weekend.  With 3rd kid and wife not working for at least the next year - going to have my taxes redone after I get my return.

Enjoy the smokey camadrie.  Send a few down range for me.

I'll be listening for the boom, and looking for the smoke on the horizon - hitting the vitamin c, drinking fluids and getting rest.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Sod Buster

Quote from: Pony Racer on February 29, 2008, 06:02:23 PM
Myles sorry I am going to miss you shooting again.
Myles, I also am sorry to miss you.  I will be at Cavalier on Sunday if you want to fit in two shoots this weekend!  ;D

Good news - I ate real food today - nice simple fish fry for lent.
That is good news, PR!

I usually have a spicy sauce to go on the fish but passed this time.
Everything spicy is "nicey"!  ;D ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Lucky Irish Tom

Quote from: Wildcat Will on February 29, 2008, 03:54:18 PM
Miles I got ya set pard. 

The reports of faintin' gals is a bit exagerated. ::)  They may swoon a bit, but never seen one faint. ;D

I say ifn the son is willin ta help he has my vote. 

That's because by the time they faint yer surrounded by this giant white cloud of yer own makin.  Might be tha Bp aroma what causes em to faint, but like Arcey sed yer famous, so live with it.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Tricky Trina

No can shoot tamorrow - offically got the flu.  THIS SUCKS!  The only up side is I'm getting some sleep cause of the codiene cough medicine.  Still contagious - sucks for MM - but hopefully he won't get it.  Parts of my body hurt I didn't know could hurt.  Lots of fluids, Tamiflu and codiene.....  that swab that chick stuck up my nose sucked, but I guess that's a diagnostic test they do fer it.

Y'all have fun - I'll be watchin the horizon for smoke......   :'(
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Sod Buster

Quote from: Tricky Trina on February 29, 2008, 07:49:48 PM
No can shoot tamorrow - offically got the flu.  THIS SUCKS! 

Which one of them inmates give it to ya?
We'll make him the next target!

Was it that one that was puttin' poop in his wound?
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Pony Racer

TT - you want some home made chicken noodle soup??

It goes good with a good western playing on the TV, some hot Green tea and some vitamin c drops

I'll save some for you.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Tricky Trina

Unfortunately I got this from one of the other supervisors - she went home sick on Monday and probably shared it with me before she went home.  

Either that or I got it off the board from Pony Racer   ???

Time to go take the cough medicine - I need the sleep.  

I got some chicken soup - we call it Jewish penicillin, back home in NY.  Those old Jewish ladies could make some awesome chicken soup.  Kosher too!   ;D

...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Pony Racer

I have Jewish cousins - anything the gramma makes is superb!!

Had some sausage and biscuit this am - not my usual amounts - since tummy is still getting back to normal.

Filled up on soup.

Enjoy a shooting weekend pards, looks a little windy up here today but temp is not bad and tomorrow almost looks perfect!!

I am feeling good enough that I may go ahead and finish my 43 spanish long rifle loads - trying to load up enough that I can shoot at Mattaponi and then not have to reload for ROUND-UP, if I do not want to/have time to.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy

Arcey

Boys 'n ladies, I do believe we've lucked out this winter it Pungo. Ain't had one cold shoot from November 'til taday.

Got me some misses. Got me a procedural. And, I SHOT GERTY!!! Got her good too!

The downside was when I got back here I found Pleazin' with this damned flu bug.   

sharps54

I had a GREAT time at Pungo today!  ;D I shot Frontiersman, .44-40 1860 Henry, Pietta 1862 "Army Police", Pietta 1858 Remington Navy (both .36 C&B), and I borrowed a "Bounty Hunter" SXS shotgun from Wildcat Will (thanks again!) so I was able to shoot all black powder, all the time! Everything worked good until stage 4 when I had a cap not go off (hit it twice) in the Colt. I was in a hurry to load for stage 5 so I just recapped that nipple without doing anything else and that chamber didn't fire on stage 5 either. After the match I swapped nipples and it still didn't go off. >:( As soon as my bride gets out of the kitchen (I do the hot soapy water and dry in the oven cleaning technique) I'll tear it down and see what is going on. Otherwise the match went great, I think I missed 3 total, including the 2 "duds" so I count it as missing one shot for the match. Not bad seeing how I don't remember the last time I have fired one handed!

To be honest I did feel bad taking so much time to load and get ready so I may switch to frontier cartridge in the near future. A couple times at the loading table a cap flipped in the capper and once the next shooter had to go ahead of me while I finished loading. I don't feel too bad since I helped to set up and tear down, I figure that makes up for some of the extra time! ;)

On the plus side the Henry worked great! I got a complement on my "Boss of the Plains" Stetson (he wanted to know where to buy one like it) and unlike some poor cowboys I was able to shove it far enough down on my head that it didn't fly off during the match! All in all a wonderful day at the range!
Mild Myles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com